It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auras - But wait!!! There's more???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What? A distinctive but intangible quality that seems to surround a person or thing; atmostphere

What I am attempting to present is something I tried and accomplished with mixed results. I wanted to know if auras were tangible in the visual context. So. I visited libraries and book stores searching for literature and documentation about the elusive quality everyone might have, yet, cannot perceive.

I located a website that had an oddball approach to aura detection and training to see auras. And, once I read the material, I struck out on my own avenue to try different directions of focus. Meaning? I learned to throw my focus out when I wanted to 'not see' anything. It was like an empty thought. Excellent to be until someone wants your attention and forces you to focus once again.

If I wanted to do any experimentation, I had to be alone and in a quiet, non-distracting area. I set up a mirror that would allow me to see my entire face. Placed a subdued light near the mirror outside my focus. Took an ink pen and marked a small dot where the 3rd eye is on my forehead. Then, by relaxing, I was able to unfocus my field of vision and see the shadow of my silhouette. Like a negative negative. If that makes any sense. But, you have to adjust to not blinking nearly as much as your normal amount. Until you become acclimated to unfocusing, blinking will make you focus. It reminds me of trying to stop a sneeze. Sometimes you can, sometimes it's pointless.

The main point I am getting to is, I found something else while coaxing my mind into doing things that it wasn't accustomed to. The unfocusing was time consuming to learn. Eyes tire easily especially when they want to do what they have always done. Focus.

What I learned was during my excitement in realizing I can perceive something outside the norm, I could see other things. Faces on top of faces on top of my face. Monochrome. (no mind altering substances involved)

Here is the oddball site I mentioned earlier. Should you be curious to attempt, I made a poster of the red and blue balls with the black dot in the middle to practice with. Eventually, it became automatic. Similar to seeing images in stereograms.
Be kind. This subject is noted throughout history, yet, never quantified. I write this for fun, not critical thinking.

I am skipping any spiritual aspect until someone can show me a spirit. Fair enough?
The faces were trippy enough. =D

thiaoouba.com...

Found this thread mentioning how oddball the site is. Dated 2003.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are curious how I did it, ask. I believe everyone can do this.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pteraductile

i can do this too been able to ever since i was little im 21 now, my mom said me being born with a veil might have something to do with it but if your interested the different colored auras have different meanings
www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com...
mines usually green or a brown color

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've always been curious about seeing auras and always wondered how some people could actually see the color of yr aura. The results you've come out with is pretty interesting. I'll give that site a read over and see if I can come up with any results.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
wow this tish is awesome, as soon as i get home im gonna watch the videos. Thanks op for posting this

Btw 'wow you have this...(pause) Aura about you' is THE greates pickup line ever... But please dont abuse it

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That purposeful blurring is called "soft eyes" pretty frequently. Combine that with increasing your ability to use your mind's eye and you'll be seeing auras in no time. I've taught people in literally 5 minutes (provided they were already into meditation or a "natural")

Here's a great guide on developing your mind's eye: ATS: Channeling guide. Seeing auras is very similar to remote viewing, telepathy, and a few other arts like that - any guide for such things can help you to see them.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pteraductile

If you're interested in going way deeper in the "seeing faces thing" check out Tibetan temples Copper Wall experiments. They use a certain setup in some ancient temples that helps the monks see their past lives. It involves looking into a polished copper wall, while being seated in a wooden seat over glass (for energy purposes).

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I saw my cousins auras while on a dmt flash. I opened my eyes to witness swirling patterns and a variety of colors in realtime, moving and changing rapidly around their bodies like an egg shape, there were many layers too, but before i could grasp what i was seeing or understand, i had forgotten and the vision had subsided. Hard work to keep subjective whilst on dmt. I recommend darkroom meditation (internal alchemy) and visualization for 3 weeks to 2 months once you come out, you'll see the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I believe you are trying to get to know another "sense" if you will. And I also believe that sense functions due to electromagnetism. "Life" is an electrical system. Death is when that electricity stops flowing. When electricity is used by a machine (computer, body, car) a EM field is produced. Your aura I think is just a em field. Unique like a fingerprint and constantly changing like your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Cool topic, I like your concepts too.

I read in one of Drunvalo's books a method he claims some of our secret services use to train people to read auras, this is the best I remember:

Get a volunteer and both of you wear white shirts. With lights on have volunteer hold a sheet of primary colored paper against white wall for 30 seconds then pull it away quickly, Stare at the paper and don't blink, let your eyes relax and notice the color you see after the paper is removed. Go thru all the major colors and notice that you see the opposite color on the wall after staring at each color. When you done with the colors have your volunteer think a strong emotional thought (anger or love) and turn off all the lights and use a dimmer controlled light to slowly bring up the light as you are staring in the same unfocused manner at your emotional volunteer. About half way up the dimmer you should see hazy colorful fields hovering around the volunteer's head and shoulders in colors that represent their emotions.

If you can see stereogram art Ive heard you can naturally see auras but I'm skeptical about that.

I'd be curious if this works for anyone else.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
try this:

sit in front of a mirror with an other person, than do the same method as you see a stereogram

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I can see "auras" in anything i look at, not just living thing, and i can see them very clearly.

But there is a problem, which make me believe it's nothing but a trick to the eye.

As i said everything i look at has an aura, including shadows, and the shadow part is what is puzzling.
Shadows shoulden't have auras.
I think it's nothing but a trick to the eye by light and shadows, and the focus and unfocusing on the stuff you look at.

I don't think auras exist, people who don't understand what they are seeing make it seem like a mystery.
It's kind of the same with looking in to a bright light source, and when you look away, the picture of that lightsource is still hanging in your view.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I've had the same debate, too. Everything has motion. (i.e. atomic level of excited particles) And, yes, perhaps, the illusions are self made. Anyone that uses a camera professionally do fascinating things to trick the viewer into seeing what isn't there, or, appears to be.

Cones and rods within the eyes in combination with how your mind has processed and perceived an image might be the same image for everyone. The interpretation is solely within each other. But, when everyone can visualize an aura, then what?

I see the poster with the UFO stating "I Want To Believe". But, when there isn't definitive proof, it remains a want not a fact. So, what I experienced could be as you say, yet, the multitudes of faces seem farfetched as a delusion. I've seen them several times before. And, I've shown two people how to see theirs, too. Now, if they were lying to me and catering to my enthusiasm, I cannot verify that. =D

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is more of minds eyes thing for me when I see auras. I tried the mirror trick and I could see just the inch of aura around my shoulders. I use to practice while I was on transit and just imagined the colours around them then one person was different he was the only one with purple around his head. I could only see from his shoulders up because of the people on the bus. When he got off I found out he was blind and explained the purple/indigo colour, he was using his mind to see and reach out. It is the inner eye I use to see not my eyes. For those techniques you used I couldnt tell you about them I will have to try them out. It sounds interesting. I guess seeing auras comes easier to others. I dont get into what colours mean what because only some details on a few colours I can remember and you cant carry a book around with you at all times. I try to make it simple.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If I could objectively define what an aura is, I would say that it is your body's emotional interaction with the surround quantum field causing vibrations in the air surrounding you. All emotions are electrical phenomenon. All electrical phenomena is direction, rate, and intensity of the flow of electrons.

If there is a such thing as an aura, it would be most practically utilized if you could direct your emotional/electrical interaction within you to places outside of you.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

WOW! Really? Every single living organism has an aura. It is "GOD" within you. This is what I do. I have an aura camera that very a matter of factly, can photograph the aura. The authenticity of the the camera is confirmed by being able to photograph anythng around the aura as well. I've got pictures of me with a hand over my head coming from behind in some sort of white robe (the arm is in a white robe). I have a picture of me with my ex fiancé that died unexpectedly, of a heart attack. (purely inherited genetically). I also have a photo of my high self coming to me....clearly ther are two of me inmthe photo super imposed one on top of the other. And it is not a digital camera it is polaroid...so impossible tombe co,puter enhanced. I also have picture of the earch angels guarding thefour corners of my booth I was doing a show I'm. Many miraculous this i've been able to capture, I'm addition to that I have extensive knowledge of the workings colors.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Hi,

I'd be utterly fascinated to see your photos - any chance you can scan them and post them online?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Congratulations! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

You mean you took pictures with Kirlian photography setup?

Because thats the only method i ever heard about, being able to photograph auras.
If you just used a polaroid, i am afraid you just caught some light reflections.

But don't hesitate posting the pictures

I don't reject auras to exist, i have an open mind, but from my own observations i have a more logical explanation.

Found some info on Kirlian photography, and another method.

www.csicop.org...

More serious claims that the aura could be demonstrated scientifically through Kirlian photography were publicized in the 1970s. In this non-camera technique a high-voltage, high-frequency electrical discharge is applied across a grounded object. The “air glow” or “aura” that is yielded can be recorded directly onto a photographic plate, film, or paper. Such Kirlian images (named for the Russian inventor of the process, Semyon Kirlian) show fuzzy glows around fingers, leaves, and other objects (Ostrander and Schroeder 1971).

Although the Kirlian aura was claimed to present information about the “bioplasma” or “life-energy” of the object, actually it is only “a visual or photographic image of a corona discharge in a gas, in most cases the ambient air.” Moreover, experiments have failed to yield any evidence that the coronal pattern is related "to the physiological, psychological, or psychic condition of the sample,” but instead only to finger pressure, moisture, and other mechanical, environmental, and photographic factors (some twenty-two in all). Skeptics observed that even mechanical objects, such as coins or paper clips, could yield a Kirlian “aura”

Following in the Kirlian tradition is a development called Aura Imaging photography introduced in 1992 by Guy Coggins, a California entrepreneur with a background in electronic engineering. Coggins's Aura Camera 6000 is a combined optical-electrical system that produces a Polaroid color photograph of the subject together with his or her “electromagnetic field or aura.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. People are offering some great links!
When I was younger I could see an energy field around certain people, but it was usually just a bright white light, no colors. I guess I never reached the state of mind to see them, because I really didn't know what was happening, and didn't know that everyone couldn't see what I saw.
When I reached my thirties I went to a psychic fair, and had a picture taken that shows the aura. Mine had a spike that came out of the top of my head and went totally off the top frame! They said this was rare. Made me feel special because they were "ohoooing, and awing" over it. Then about 10 years ago I went for a private reading with a very well-known psychic. His first comment was about my aura, and how far it reached. He said he used to see many people with auras like mine, but it had become a rare thing over the years. He sees a lot of people every day, and stays booked 2 years in advance... he's good!
I have started several times to practice and grow in my abilities to see auras, but never have the right atmosphere to accomplish it. Maybe when I retire I'll have some quite time to accomplish this.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I'm guessing you had the "aha!!!" moment and your husband wasn't quite sure how to curb your enthusiasm? =D

I still have difficulty discerning colors when doing that. I envy your knack.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join