It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kill Switch Comes to the PC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

omg lmao

ok it isn't your computer so you are excused from all integral issues involved with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

www.youtube.com...

Oh yea. You know.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
youtu.be...

I can't see the point

edit on 24/2/2012 by Thurisaz because: must be filled out

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
it even happens on the amazon kindle platform that they can pull your books from your machine remotely and that was in 2009

The Register

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

we are so off topic right now

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Please have a look at Apples Lion and now Mountain Lion to see where we are heading. It all started with the 'cool' AppStore. I will never use it as and with Lion you have the choice to let the AppStore unopend on the disk. But starting with Mountain Lion this year they start to force yo to use the AppStore. Per default you can't install any free app downloaded from the net or bought a few month ago on a DVD... It's a new 'security feature' that prevents installation of apps with unknown origin. In Mountain Lion you can still disable this feature in the system preferences but I'm sure that this is mandatory in the next OS version. Than you have to buy all your apps in the AppStore or from Apple certified developers.
They just can't add this from now to then as all the sheeples would cry but with this step by step procedure they even managed that those sheeples loves these new features.

The positive side of this would be no malware, no piracy (of apps) but the downside would be much less software (as all those freetime hobby programmers won't pay the money to be an Apple certified developer) and of cause full control over the software you have on your pc.

Apple stop's you from installing unwanted apps on your Mac and Microsoft just deletes them a fey days after you installed it. Not much different also I would prefer Microsoft.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Anything comes up on the web that people download.
and THEY dont like it. they just delete it ALL.

So use Ubuntu.
it is catching Windows up fast.
and you can run it from the CD.
or have it as a Dual boot.
all very easy to do.

and Ubuntu IS the Beat for using the Internet.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sounds very dodgy, you know if its totaly true if M$ offers a free upgrade to win8 from 7 for personell home users....

Big bro is already watching you, and now hes got the taste he fancys attaching some strings to pull too

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If Signal's avatar really had eyes that big, there would be no room for its brain, an Ostriches eyes are bigger than its brain, perhaps that why the Ostrich is considered stupid. This is just a idle comment, no actual slur intended on Aliens or Ostriches.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Forgive me for stating (or restating) the obvious, but...

It seems clear what is happening is that these knuckleheads figured out you can't just turn off the Internet so they'll just take it to the source and remotely shutdown pc's...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Soooo glad I have a Mac

Windows 7 was crap and I don't see W8 being any better.....They tried to copy Apple's OS design in 7 and it made me laugh..

Have fun!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wow you are nieve.

Apple were in big bros pocket before windows was....

edit on 24-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Bad idea, this means they will have like I said taken another form of free speech away and moving
closer to a capcommunist state.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by memphis007
reply to post by Signals

Bad idea, this means they will have like I said taken another form of free speech away and moving
closer to a capcommunist state.

Loudspeakers in the streets, that's what awaits us.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Microsoft shut off hundreds of thousands of Windows XP machines with the "WGA" (Windows Genuine Authority) update people put on their machines.

Microsoft can see every computer on the internet and if they saw your LEGAL Windows XP key on the internet, and some punk in Indonesia used a Key Spoofer program to make up YOUR key...and put it on his bootleg XP.....Microsoft DISABLED both computers.

They killed hundreds of thousands of 100% LEGAL copies of Windows XP.

They were so mad about Window XP getting bootlegged....they crawled in bed with Phoenix Bios in 2003 to create a Hardware kill switch. Now BIOS chips have software in them so the motherboard of a computer can be disabled.

Microsoft has the power to 'brick' computer hardware now. Start buying pre-2003 computers. They are worth their weight in GOLD.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wow you are nieve.

Apple were in big bros pocket before windows was....

edit on 24-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

lol reminds me of most mac users

"why isnt this working?! ITS SUPPOSED TO JUST WORK!" lol

and youre crazy if you think apple is immune. hell macs are prolly worse off.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Where can you get XP these days? It sounds like it is time to downgrade. I am just about ready for a new laptop, but I already hated vista. 8 sounds like it is going to be even worse than vista.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This is why I have a Mac -__-

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'll stick with windows 7 until the games i play no longer support it. Then i'll switch to Apple and Bill Gates can kiss my ass.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Where can you get XP these days? It sounds like it is time to downgrade. I am just about ready for a new laptop, but I already hated vista. 8 sounds like it is going to be even worse than vista.

Use the internet, there are still warehouses around that still carry the older OPS, buy them from them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join