It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do contrails form in extream heat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Last summer Texas went threw the longest hardest drought on record. 100+ degree weather for 100+ days. Most states do not experience 100 degree weather yet alone 100+ days of 100 degree weather. While this drought was happening just about every day "contrails" would form right in front of the sun. In a grid like fashion and they seemed to fallow the suns path. So threw out the day the "contrails" all ways covered the sun, yet the rest of the sky was clear. The only place you would see them is in the suns path. How do they form? Not only wear they in extreme heat witch lasted 100+ days (seen just about every day) they wear right in front of the HOT 100 degree suns rays. Sure the atmosphere is colder but 100+ degrees for 100+days, if their was any type of temperature that would cause them not to forum you would think it would be a extreme heat drought.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Best to learn how and why contrails are formed..
en.wikipedia.org...
They can form in a number of scenarios..
Ive seen them form on multi-prop military AC at close to ground level about 200 ft AGL. These ones formed on the tips of rotating propellers. They left a corkscrew like trail as it went low and slow directly overhead. These ones appeared in very high humidity conditions and looked very cool.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

While it may be hot at ground level, most visible cloud consists of ice crystals.

As many a hang-glider pilot has discovered, the higher you go, the colder it gets (in general).

Contrails form when water steam produced by burning hydrocarbon fuels, drops in temperature and becomes firstly water vapor, and then water ice crystals.

... and FYI, the word is spelled "extreme".

edit on 23/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For every 1000 feet you go up, it gets colder by about 3.5F, on average.

So at 30,000 feet, it's 105 degrees colder than at sea level.
At 40,000 feet, it's 140 degrees colder.

Contrails form at around -40 or colder. It's always cold enough at some altitude above you. The question is if there's also enough moisture at that altitude.

Check this link to see the weather at various altitudes:

www.usairnet.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Actually understandinf contrails is easy and if you moved they wouldn't be in the suns path and the pattern thats just the way planes fly. Bye troll it's been boring but funny

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The same way magnets work. God has magick!

I mean, you simply cannot explain a magnet. It's impossible. Therefore, only god can prove it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Could you point out the troll part?
When I was a young man, trolls
came in gumball machines for a nickel
and were naked with long hair.
So how could you know all this about him from a
post on the internet.
Or are you saying you saw him in a
gumball machine?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The contrails may appear to be in front of the sun from your point of view but a few miles away they probley wouldnt.

I dont believe putting a artificial cloud (chemical or not) in front of the sun would effect the temperatures. If im wrong though please inform me with a source.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Thx for your interesting observations OP. I remember reading about that heat. I also notice here that alot of times the chemtrails are placed to form fake clouds right in front of the sun. Almost nightly, the fake clouds from the chemtrails form at the point where the moon or sun or both will set. That's almost a given.

But what you're talking about where the sun is constantly obscured I see here alot too. When the fake clouds get real thick here, the sun coming through them becomes a monster because the surfaces are so reflectant. Anyway, have noticed this alot and good that you bring it up for discussion.

And BTB (by the by) the explanations that you've been given so far in this thread:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is all you guys came up with? 100 degree weather for 100 days means a very hot atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
This is all you guys came up with? 100 degree weather for 100 days means a very hot atmosphere.

At ground level, sure. But it's still going to be -40 at some altitude above you.

top topics

join