It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska bill would criminalize TSA screening procedures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Alaska State Representative Sharon Cissna (left) has introduced a bill to criminalize TSA pat-downs and naked-body scans, adding The Last Frontier to a growing list of states battling the intrusive screening procedures of the Transportation Security Administration.

Cissna has suffered her own negative experience with the federal agency. Last year at the Seattle-area Sea-Tac International Airport, after a naked-body scan revealed her breast-cancer surgery scars, the TSA insisted on putting her through an intrusive pat-down. She refused.

“Facing the agent, I began to remember what my husband and I’d decided after the previous intensive physical search," she related. "That I never had to submit to that horror again! It would be difficult, we agreed, but I had the choice to say no; this twisted policy did not have to be the price of flying to Juneau.”

The TSA responded by barring her from her flight.

Source

Happy to see this kind of action coming from my state. I feel this actually has a chance of passing here. Everyone here finds the TSA ridiculous. If someone can take over a plane with a pair of finger nail clippers, that person is capable of taking over the plane without them as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sounds inspiring, I just wonder if the Feds can/will trump state legislation and laws in this case? I bet this will get some attention and maybe other citizens will get onboard and write their politicians urging the same actions.
Thanks for the report AlaskaMan.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
TSA...self appointed airport bullies. That is the mentality they've evolved into...Bullies.

Too much unchecked power, breeding corruption and disdain. They need to be permanently neutered.

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
good job Alaska! i would love to see the first TSA agent get thrown in jail by the sheriff when they attempt a pat down. already know what the feds will say though, we'll just go ahead a shut down all air traffic to and from Alaska, them jackwagons. it's going to take several states standing together on issues like these, as they should.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Texas tried that...

Remember?

Federal Blockade: TSA Holds Texas Flights Hostage

An astounding Department of Justice threat to cancel airline flights to and from Texas, in addition to underhanded lobbying by TSA representatives, has killed efforts in the state to pass HB 1937, a bill that would have made invasive pat downs by TSA agents a felony.

They wanted to do a blockade of Texas.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That's all and good. Unfortunately, the only reason this is even coming to light is because "Alaska State Representative Sharon Cissna" has a personally traumatic experience. One that was compounded by her survival of cancer. If she had never had breast cancer surgery, she may have just saw it as a nuisance and passed through like any others.

Not to detract from what she is trying to do, but ain't that the way for all politicians. It's not a real problem unless it happens to them personally.

Politicians ought to be required to be subjected to the consequence of every law they pass. IMO.

Start them out by doing a few weeks of jail time before even becoming eligible for office. Lets see how many pointless statutes they want afterward.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

and if they shut down the airspace and some one decided to fly would they shoot them down? i see that being the spark that crosses a line that alot of Americans would all hate and problay result in the removal of who ever is the sitting president but to be fair i honestly have no idea how air travel like that and restrictions work so i could just be waaaaay off the mark on how that stuff works

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have not flown for about two years now.

I hate to fly anyway, mostly because of the hassles such as the TSA.

I hope they kick them right out of the state.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Texas tried that...

Remember?

Federal Blockade: TSA Holds Texas Flights Hostage

An astounding Department of Justice threat to cancel airline flights to and from Texas, in addition to underhanded lobbying by TSA representatives, has killed efforts in the state to pass HB 1937, a bill that would have made invasive pat downs by TSA agents a felony.

They wanted to do a blockade of Texas.

I whish Texas would have called their bluff.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I whish Texas would have called their bluff.

Yeah well good luck with that when Perry the sellout and Dewhurst the nazi war criminal sympathizer are in control.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

TSA regulations should go back to pre-9/11 .. The TSA has not stopped any known terrorist, and pat downs have not revealed anyone trying to attack a plane. In fact all known terrorist have been either stopped by passengers or were snagged in a FBI investigation.

Some airports I never have any problem with TSA agents.. even here in Oregon I've never had a run in with TSA that left me thinking of them as evil nazi scum. But every single time, and I mean EVERY single time I've been to an airport on East Coast I get fuming mad. Worst experience ever was in DC, followed by Atlanta.

Maybe it's just because the West Coast is more chill than the East Coast. Here at least I've never been made to feel awkward, agents talk to you, make jokes, just do their job without the arrogant aura of the nazi scum I've dealt with elsewhere.

Anyways.. end my rant.. good job Alaska.. hope it passes.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

and if they shut down the airspace and some one decided to fly would they shoot them down? i see that being the spark that crosses a line that alot of Americans would all hate and problay result in the removal of who ever is the sitting president but to be fair i honestly have no idea how air travel like that and restrictions work so i could just be waaaaay off the mark on how that stuff works

yeah i'm with you on that, have no idea also but my guess is they wouldn't be shooting anyone down, just sending everyone who ignores it some hefty fines. they would do what they do best, bully people into staying in line.

top topics

join