It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Pic on Coast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Coasttocoastam.com has this pic up on their site.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Looks like a real picture , Nice Resoultion too.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yea, that's a real picture, but the DPI around the UFO doesn't match the rest of the picture. I sense some bad photo shop skills. Neat photo all the same.

BTW, Go Hawks!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You don't even need to zoom in to notice the 'fuzz' around the object.

jra

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just to make a note. You can get a similar effect around objects from .jpg compression, so one has to be careful about that. But I agree, I think it was cut and pasted onto this image. It just doesn't look quite right. The photo seems to nicely composed to be a shot of a U.F.O. unless it was just flying by... although it doesn't like it's moving much at all (or slowly at least), so it should have been great for taking multiple photos of it if it were truly there.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by jra]

SMR

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That is true,but upon zooming,
you can clearly see a square in which the pasting was done.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Also, the sun is casting shadow on the right side of the rocks, suggestign the sun is on the top left. Yet the UFO has a highlight on the right side of its rim and shadows on it's left, suggesting the lightsource on the UFO is top right.

EDIT: this could easily have been fixed by flipping the UFO. But the square box around the UFO is also a dead give away.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
sure is fake. however, aestheticaly pleasing. imma put this as my wallpaper i love the contrast!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yeh I agree there does seem to be some *slight* fuzz around the object...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
That is true,but upon zooming,
you can clearly see a square in which the pasting was done.

If that is the case, someone has gone through an awfull lot of trouble to copy and pasty tiny variations of blue squares all over the sky, plus the moon is the same, as is the limits between the sky and terrain.

Looks to me like JPG compression flaws... Which of course means one cant really check it out any closer.

But what is that HUGE artifact in the middle right?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It just doesnt look right to me, and i can usually tell stright away i get a "feeling" if its real or not and this has me debating.

I dont know wether it doesnt look right because it just looks too dark and its high in the sky so im sure there would be more reflection (like a plane)

So this should just look more silver colour but the ufo could then again be a black colour so this confuses me also it might just look strange to me as it could be a real ufo and obviously im not used to seeing them so it would be strange.

Heres the comments of the person who sent the photo.

Zion National Park UFO

This is the BEST legitimate UFO picture I have ever seen. You can clearly make out that this is a saucer. My friend, Dale, who took this picture told me that he didn't even think it was anything other than a bird until he enlarged the picture. It is really something else.

--Jon Barton Shields
[email protected]

I want to know what the hell was Dale doing on the top of that huge mountain, with a camera, and happened to take a shot of a ufo even if he didnt mean to as he thought it was a bird.

So at that exact moment the ufo was flying he took a picture without noticing this ufo until later when he enlarged the photo.

If i took a picture and there was something in the picture that i thought was just a bird i would not think.

"Hmmm maybe this isnt a bird let me zoom in incase its a UFO"

I just dont think this is the real deal although i could be wrong.

Maybe i will email him and ask for the original image without him compressing it then we can look at it more carefully.

Just realised that this picture has artifacts because he enlarged it and saved it enlarged then posted it on C2C enlarged so he must have the original smaller sized image.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I believe I also see the Yeti in that picture or is that a tree?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Right click the image save it to your hard drive, open it up in any paint program then zoom in about 1200%.

You will clearly see macroblocks around the UFO... a perfect rectangle its definately been pasted into the image.

Also if you look at the top right of the UFO hes cut part of it out so not even a good cut and paste at that.

I hate this C2C should check these things out before posting images of UFO's on their site, no wonder people have doubts of UFO's with all these hoaxes it really does annoy me.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Can i just point out that the terrain looks very similar to a recent thread on dodgy pics. I think someone is having a laugh making all these dud pics. Does anyone else think the same take a look:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
TheSaint,

The thread you provided is a game so its ok for that one, its just the ones people send to websites claiming they are UFO's when they know full well they are not.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh yeah dont get me wrong i knew it was a game i just thought it a coincidence as it looks very similar. I mean if we could find just one picture that we could not see any editing or anything then it would be like the holy grail or somethin as all pictures i have seen have been edited in some way or another.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Phony picture, because who in their right mind would try to turn the photo op into art? Meaning, when you see a UFO, you don't make sure you get the mountain range into the shot. I believe anyone shooting a pic of a UFO would center the photo directly on the UFO, not simply include it in the picture.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yeah sure saint i know what you mean, but i doubt we will ever get one.

Either because the government used reverse engineering and tests them at night time when no-one can get a decent shot of them, thats why there are so many black triangle sightings(they black for a good reason)

Or stealth technology like the recent mexican airforce caught some on their radar(infra-red i think) and we just cannot see them with the naked eye.

There are so many reasons and i truly beleive in UFO's even though i have never seen one myself, its just there is too much evidence to beleive otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
[

[edit on 19-9-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

I hate this C2C should check these things out before posting images of UFO's on their site, no wonder people have doubts of UFO's with all these hoaxes it really does annoy me.

I've emailed C2Cam several times about posting items that were obviously bogus and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Maybe we should make it a project here on ATS to submit the perfect fraud story (maybe ufo related) to Coast. Any ideas?

[edit on 2004-9-19 by DClark]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join