It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pythagorus, the Electro Magnetic frequency, numerology of 2, Synchronicity and bit of what I know:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yesterday the universe/God/syncronicity was screaming "2" at my gaming group as an amazing number of our rolls kept coming up as 2's. I just noticed the date was 2/22/12 as 2 a day as you can get this year...

Interestingly enough Pythagorus the creator of modern numerology studied for 22 years in Egypt. And of course He learned about these numbers from the Egyptian Mystery schools which were masters of the golden ratio:

Having studied in Ancient Egypt for 22 years, Pythagoras knew that their philosophy and spirituality were built almost completely on the Science of Numbers.

link

Even more interesting is what he said 2 stood for:

Number 2 was the symbol of basic dualities such as male/female, yin/yang, yes/no, alive/dead, left/right etc

link

I think it always wise to study and know when synchronicity so highlights a subject. And before you poo poo numerology, study what pythagorus was saying. He understood everything as music (Music of the Spheres), as waves... and modern science, especially quantum physics is reinforcing his beliefs now more than ever.

Pythagoras proposed that the Sun, Moon and planets all emit their own unique hum (orbital resonance) based on their orbital revolution,[2] and that the quality of life on Earth reflects the tenor of celestial sounds which are physically imperceptible to the human ear.[3]

link

The entire electromagnetic spectrum is really just waves... a continuum from sound wave, to light waves, to x-rays and beyond in both directions.

The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is the range of all possible electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation can be divided into octaves — as sound waves are — winding up with eighty-one octaves.[1] The "electromagnetic spectrum" (usually just spectrum) of an object is the frequency range of electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths from thousands of kilometres down to fractions of the size of an atom.
It is commonly said that EM waves beyond these limits are uncommon, although this is not actually true. The short wavelength limit is likely to be the Planck length, and the long wavelength limit is the size of the universe itself, though in principle the spectrum is infinite.

link

Numerology and sacred numbers is the hidden mystery of the mystery schools (which Pythagorus studied in Egypt). If you want to understand life (and it's fractal nature) look no further than the Golden Ratio. Which is why you see those honey bee's on your Aces, the pine cone, sunflower, Pentagrams (which is both shows the golden mean and is shown in the sky by the path of the planet Venus in 2 ways) and many other such symbols used prolifically:

Synchronistically the first western book on the Golden Mean (which is summarized by the Pythagorean understand of 2) was written by... the wife of Pythagoras:

Pythagoreans
The first work on the golden mean is sometimes attributed to Theano, wife of Pythagoras.

source

Pythagorus also created the first university, coined the term philosophy (love of wisdom literally) and his mathematics are some of the basis for much of what we understand today.

So apparently the universe was screaming balance (2) yesterday to us.

How about you?

Hope I piqued your interest and spread some light in your day.

~piano
edit on 23-2-2012 by pianopraze because: .

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's Pythagoras.

The entire electromagnetic spectrum is really just waves... a continuum from sound wave, to light waves, to x-rays and beyond in both directions.

No.
Sound waves are nothing like electromagnetic waves. Sound waves are longitudinal waves which require a medium to travel through. Electromagnetic waves are transverse waves and require no medium.

The "music" which Pythagoras spoke of had nothing to do with electromagnetic radiation or actual sound. He spoke of the relationship of the distances between the planets representing musical notes. Unfortunately, his concept of the distances between planets was not very accurate. As Pliny the Elder put it:

XIX. Many people have also tried to discover the distances of the planets from the earth, and have given out that the distance of the sun from the moon is 19 times that of the moon itself from the earth. The penetrating genius of Pythagoras, however, inferred that the distance of the moon from the earth was 15,750 miles, and that of the sun from the moon twice that figure, and of the sun from the twelve signs of the Zodiac three times. Our fellow-countryman Sulpicius Gallus also held this view.

XX. But occasionally Pythagoras draws on the theory of music, and designates the distance between the earth and the moon as a whole tone, that between the moon and Mercury a semitone, between Mercury and Venus the same, between her and the sun a tone and a half, between the sun and Mars a tone (the same as the distance between the earth and the moon), between Mars and Jupiter half a tone, between Jupiter and Saturn half a tone, between Saturn and the zodiac a tone and a half: the seven tones thus producing the so-called diapason, i.e. a universal harmony; in this Saturn moves in the Dorian mode, Jupiter in the Phrygian, and similarly with the other planets - a refinement more entertaining than convincing.

people.sc.fsu.edu...

The "music of the spheres" was a quaint idea but there is no such harmony.
edit on 2/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's Pythagoras.

No.
Sound waves are nothing like electromagnetic waves. Sound waves are longitudinal waves which require a medium to travel through. Electromagnetic waves are transverse waves and require no medium.

The "music" which Pythagoras spoke of had nothing to do with electromagnetic radiation or actual sound. He spoke of the relationship of the distances between the planets representing musical notes. Unfortunately, his concept of the distances between planets was not very accurate. As Pliny the Elder put it:
edit on 2/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

LOL, the almighty phage has spoken... but is wrong.

It is important to recognize that the interaction of sound waves with the lower
atmosphere is very much stronger than that for most parts of the electromagnetic
spectrum

link
Feel free to argue with the scientists who state otherwise. Do you even bother to read my articles? Or even look at the picture, is that too much to ask?
Maybe you should use google scholar.

Maybe you should argue with the govenrment: link.

And yes, his idea of music of the spheres was a philosophical one, but as NASA has proven the spheres really do have their own music

Hope others will comment now if you haven't scared them all away, I had to post and run and come back and yours was that only reply.. so sad.

Thank's for stopping buy though, your post wonderfully illustrates the balance of the Pythagorean concept of 2.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If you really want to learn what the power of Pythagoras' number mysticism is all about and how his tetractys is the Rossetta stone to deciphering the information about the holistic nature of matter, man and music that is encoded in the sacred geometries of religions, spend the next six months studying the pioneering research at:
smphillips.8m.com...
It provides overwhelming, mathematical proof of the existence of a transcendental intelligence whose mathematical nature has been captured in sacred geometries. It shows that the ancient Hebrew Divine names are mathematical prescriptions of this paradigm, which is revealed in the website. It demonstrates the equivalence of sacred geometries - both western and eastern - and how they are maps of all levels of reality, as well as representations of the mathematical structure of the intervals between the notes of the seven types of musical scales that became the Roman Catholic Church's musical modes. It shows how E8xE8 heterotic superstring physics is encoded in sacred geometries and how Fibonacci and Lucas numbers determine their structure.

Be prepared to work hard at mastering this intellectually highly challenging research. If you want to discover God, you will find His mathematical signature there. If you make enough effort to learn how to recognize it, it will be the most wonderful thing you have ever encountered.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I enjoyed your compilation. Technically...I don't know...I do make the correlation between fibonacci, the golden spiral (ratio) as I see everything in nature...the spiral of galaxies, the forces of positive and negative, male and female...those are the 2....Scientifically it is probably more complex that I make it out to be...Spiritually...it is probably less complex.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
If you really want to learn what the power of Pythagoras' number mysticism is all about and how his tetractys is the Rossetta stone to deciphering the information about the holistic nature of matter, man and music that is encoded in the sacred geometries of religions, spend the next six months studying the pioneering research at:
smphillips.8m.com...
It provides overwhelming, mathematical proof of the existence of a transcendental intelligence whose mathematical nature has been captured in sacred geometries. It shows that the ancient Hebrew Divine names are mathematical prescriptions of this paradigm, which is revealed in the website. It demonstrates the equivalence of sacred geometries - both western and eastern - and how they are maps of all levels of reality, as well as representations of the mathematical structure of the intervals between the notes of the seven types of musical scales that became the Roman Catholic Church's musical modes. It shows how E8xE8 heterotic superstring physics is encoded in sacred geometries and how Fibonacci and Lucas numbers determine their structure.

Be prepared to work hard at mastering this intellectually highly challenging research. If you want to discover God, you will find His mathematical signature there. If you make enough effort to learn how to recognize it, it will be the most wonderful thing you have ever encountered.

You sound like you speak from experience.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
smphillips.8m.com...

What a fascinateing link you posted, just looking at the homepage graphic sums up a lot of what I've been studying for years!

Interestingly enough it was the Icosahedron which kept coming up with number 2. Out of a couple hundred rolls a huge disproportionate were 2's - far beyond normal statistical odds.

I'll have to take some time and explore that site thoroughly, thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

S&F - some really interesting information and ideas. I am looking forward to going over the material with more focus when I have a bit more time, as well as watching the videos you presented, but wanted to throw in a couple of overall comments now.

The concepts of waves and their physics is a fascinating one, one which I have specifically come to because of my interest in metaphysical and spiritual topics. Even looking at the most basic definition of a wave can point us in interesting directions:

In physics, a wave is a disturbance (an oscillation) that travels through space and time, accompanied by the transfer of energy.

Source

As all is energy, waves as a vehicle for transferring energy becomes a very interesting topic indeed. Therefore, it is no surprise that myself, as well as well as numerous others in this forum, really enjoy seeing how these key concepts illuminate many different kinds of insights and theories.

I just wanted to say thanks for the contribution to the forum, and I will enjoy following the thread!
edit on 2/23/2012 by Open2Truth because: ex text box missing

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
I enjoyed your compilation. Technically...I don't know...I do make the correlation between fibonacci, the golden spiral (ratio) as I see everything in nature...the spiral of galaxies, the forces of positive and negative, male and female...those are the 2....Scientifically it is probably more complex that I make it out to be...Spiritually...it is probably less complex.

Thanks for the info.

Your welcome.

I'm sure this was some pretty basic and well known ideas in this forum.

This was just a general musing about some things I often think about. My brain likes to pull together many random ideas and play with their inter-reactions.

The fractal nature of the natural world shown through the Fibonacci sequence/golden ratio is incredibly compelling evidence for your theorem. The beauty, simplicity, and depth of complexity are staggering. So what you say resonates well.

What is fascinating to me is that all the mysteries that were kept hidden by these mystery schools can be so simply googled or discovered on millions of youtube videos. An awakening and spreading of knowledge never before conceived. They also encoded these in the music:

And even the bible has it encoded, Moses was another mystery school graduate

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes, Icosahedron...20 sided Water...

Here is a page that my friend put together for me...It is kind of like Cliff Notes...

futurepro.freehostia.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The article about using acoustic methods of atmospheric probing does not make any connection between electromagnetic radiation and sound. It says they are different and that for some purposes sound would be more effective than radar.

Yes, sound and electromagnetic radiation can be of the same frequency. That does not mean they are the same thing. I have no idea why sound is included in that chart, it makes no sense. According to it, the wavelength of audible frequencies would be about 2,000 miles.

Sound and radio waves are different phenomena. Sound consists of pressure variations in matter, such as air or water. Sound will not travel through a vacuum. Radio waves, like visible light, infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays and gamma rays, are electromagnetic waves that do travel through a vacuum.

www.nrao.edu...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

S&F - some really interesting information and ideas. I am looking forward to going over the material with more focus when I have a bit more time, as well as watching the videos you presented, but wanted to throw in a couple of overall comments now.

The concepts of waves and their physics is a fascinating one, one which I have specifically come to because of my interest in metaphysical and spiritual topics. Even looking at the most basic definition of a wave can point us in interesting directions:

In physics, a wave is a disturbance (an oscillation) that travels through space and time, accompanied by the transfer of energy.

Source

As all is energy, waves as a vehicle for transferring energy becomes a very interesting topic indeed. Therefore, it is no surprise that myself, as well as well as numerous others in this forum, really enjoy seeing how these key concepts illuminate many different kinds of insights and theories.

I just wanted to say thanks for the contribution to the forum, and I will enjoy following the thread!
edit on 2/23/2012 by Open2Truth because: ex text box missing

Of course waves would be of interest to a Cancer

Thank you for the kind words. And yes phage's comment was taking my comment about everything being waves in a different direction, you correctly see where I was going with my musing. As a musician everything is music and waves to me and I resonate so incredibly strongly with pythagorus' view of reality, even if all the technical beliefs of his were not completely accurate.

What is more telling is the overall knowledge stored in these mystery school harkens to there have been past societies with a lot more knowledge than we currently possess. Great tragedies wiped them out but this knowledge was encoded and transmuted thought the mystery schools with not even the highest ranking knowing all the information encoded.

But today, as our science advances this ancient knowledge can be re-explored and startling new advances made if we don't arrogantly believe we are the height of civilization and view what has come before as somehow lesser. I prefer the hindu understanding of great wheels of times and we are just coming out of a dark age but we've been here before. I see this stored and encoded knowledge as proof of that as well as past societies that have done things we today cannot even reproduce such as the egyptian, peru, and many more great stone works.

There have been a lot of wonderful ATS threads recently showing this information such as these:
Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes, Icosahedron...20 sided Water...

Here is a page that my friend put together for me...It is kind of like Cliff Notes...

futurepro.freehostia.com...

That page is like a cliff's note of my brain lol... Incredible that you have condensed it into such a small place. I'm reminded of reading The Secret Teaching of All Ages by Mannly P. Hall as I look over that. Could you make a PDF version? I'd love to download and keep that.

That link I just posted has a free download for anyone who hasn't read that I HIGHLY recommend reading. I have one of the hardcover versions with all the beautiful artistic plates (worth a fortune now) and a softcover version as well as that download version. One of the best books ever written in my opinion. It contains a college education worth of information on the esoteric and mystery schools in addition to all the philosophers you would study in a doctorate of philosophy (I compared the syllabus and all the books to be read to the info in the University of KY degree, so that is no exaggeration).

This whole forum is a treasure trove of knowledge bursting at the seams from posters like have posted in this thread. It seems sadly under attack by those with a different agenda from enlightenment recently though.

And to respond to your post on my profile, please do send those links and put them in here. I spend hours upon hours reading, watching and exploring these ideas.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I certainly will...but I will send by PM. There is no need for antagonists.

What is the book that you talk about? I spend hours reading too.

Oh this is fun...what are you reading now? I'm reading Kabbalistic Healing and Gnostic Text...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is 9 hours...but good!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I certainly will...but I will send by PM. There is no need for antagonists.

What is the book that you talk about? I spend hours reading too.

Oh this is fun...what are you reading now? I'm reading Kabbalistic Healing and Gnostic Text...

The book is The Secret Teaching of All Ages. Which you can download from that link.

I'm reading everything the library has on painting right now... that's how I learn now a-days, I check out everything the library has on the topic I'm interested in and immerse myself. I'm trying to improve my painting. So I'm not in much of a study mode at the moment more a creative one.

Here's my painting thread. link

Here's my music thread. link

I'm also working on more music and want to try interesting ways of composing encoding the golden mean into my music. Also exploring how to detune from the german change in 1936 of a=432 to a=440 by Goebbels system which some say is unnatural and leads to mind control, a=432 changes to the more natural healing harmonies i've been hearing and reading about. Not sure, but want to explore.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You are very talented...I already checked out your music link.

I sent you a PM with a link to only 2 of my friend's site...he is/was a DJ and an artist...his Mandalas are worldly recognized...anyway...I hope you enjoy the links...and now that I sent them to you....I'm sure that I won't see you on here for sometime...so much to do...so little time.

Enjoy my friend!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I sent you a PM with a link to only 2 of my friend's site...he is/was a DJ and an artist...his Mandalas are worldly recognized...anyway...I hope you enjoy the links...and now that I sent them to you....I'm sure that I won't see you on here for sometime...so much to do...so little time.

Enjoy my friend!

Yeah, looking over those links, they are quite incredible, a lot of material to chew on... the music on this one as i'm looking at it is quite interesting. All in all very inspiring!

Thanks for the links

~piano

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Or is there?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Enjoy my friend!

Yeah, looking over those links, they are quite incredible, a lot of material to chew on... the music on this one as i'm looking at it is quite interesting. All in all very inspiring!

Thanks for the links

~piano

Yes..the guy has talent..but very humble...hope to see you around.

Yes..the 432 hz...Covell is an advocate of that! Nice!
edit on 23-2-2012 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join