It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the zombie talk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see alot of zombie threads on here and Im seeing a ton of zombie literature and posters etc... Just wondering whats up? I mean Im a big fan of The Walking Dead series and I love zombie movies but whats with the HUGE amount of this subject being pushed out there? Any ideas?

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's about adding something interesting to a pretty dry topic so that you are interested in exercising the noggin.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh no, not a bunch of walking corpses! Because flies don't lay eggs for their little maggots to eat dead flesh to the bone along with other animals leaving nothing but bones behind.

and dead flesh doesn't work, basically a bag of bones..

living 1, undead 0

edit on 23-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daver2056
I see alot of zombie threads on here and Im seeing a ton of zombie literature and posters etc... Just wondering whats up? I mean Im a big fan of The Walking Dead series and I love zombie movies but whats with the HUGE amount of this subject being pushed out there? Any ideas?

Peace

zombies can be translated as "people who need things" in a societal collapse scenario.
like YOUR water, YOUR food, YOUR car, your things, that YOU have for YOU in a SHTF case.

so instead of saying, I would shoot my neighbour in the face if he tried any funny business over my water supply,
it's, he would be a zombie wanting my brains, therefore the shot to his face would be a necessity.

LOL. but he doesn't need to be an outsider in your clique, you should bring him in so you don't NEED to shoot him.
and thats where the necessity for the zombie talk comes from in our modern times, since we know theres a .0001% chance of actual zombies occuring. it's not zero because we meddle with bio-warfare which eventually could manifest a zombie germ agent capable of spreading human hosts that lose mind functions, running on primal genetics.

just my idea anyways, or how I specifically use the zombie metaphor.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daver2056

Peace

Fan of the walking dead series as well (see how many social clues are in it??) On topic MANY (WITHIN THE HUMAN COLLECTIVE) may feel HADES is about to RISE. And HADES brings the zombies. HAdes can be related to a global infection from some deep water hole ect or from a celestial device placing certain bacteria in the EA*rth atmosphere. Or even a war related germ that is introduced once a nation feels overwhelmed by NUKES. So, it may be more serious then many are considering as it is a fast way to depopulate TERRA?!?!?
edit on 2/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There are a lot of similarities between the zombie mentality and society as a whole, for example, when in packs, humans really do act like zombies, or at least present the same IQ as one.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Spookyjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There won't be a zombie outbreak, if that's what you're wondering.... though it would be an interesting way for the end to come

More than likely it's nothing more than zombies are the monster flavor of the month. People are tired of werewolves and sparkling vampires.

However, if you're looking for a conspiracy you could say that they (TPTB) are preparing us for a global pandemic and are using popular zombie fiction as a way of doing this. Not much difference between a zombie outbreak and a mass outbreak of H1N1. Either way, people will be killing one another for resources (food, water, meds), and being vigilant and knowing how to barricade yourself in your home for an extended amount of time will be prudent to survival.

Who knows? I do love me some zombies though.

edit on 23-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

This. Even my local firearms dealers use the "Zombie Apocalypse" as a marketing tactic. To me, zombies could come from south of the border, north of the border or arrive in cargo containers. They could be wearing blue helmets or knee-high black boots walking in step. They could roam our neighborhood looking for spoils to take back to their neighborhood. If they are a horde looking to take what I have, they qualify as a zombie threat to be neutralized. It's a great euphemism.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
what? nothing. just repeat the co-programmers proggramma whatever softwares comes to filll us on a dayly bases even hourly ,,dipends on the global proggrammers memesis and of course, the time-k=loops-time extendings printed bodies we have to be awaken in each day every day untill the next one

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

lol @ scumbag SHANE!!!!!
yea hes a sour apple good for front line defense but you have to keep a constant eye on him or his type

Then there are these

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
echoing space it occupies like all the way we solo.. choires?
edit on 23-2-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by nii900 because: ....of course no

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We sometimes have zombie warnings here is So CA. They put warnings up on the freeway signs.

I have not had any trouble with them yet.

I think the Gov has zombie catching trucks they send out to round them up. They then release them back in to their natural habitat.

Some people, I have heard, just write crazy thread headlines to get stars and flags (present company excluded).

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'm thinkin' about getting one of these for my library.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

Survivalist clearly have massive surplus ammo.

They want some target practice is all.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

and not a AA12
lol just build a fire ring around your location 7feet deep 8ft wide then light it or fill with chemical not dangerous if inhaled but destructive to matter materials. Dont forget to leave a draw bridge
keeping in mind fire too big takes oxygen from camp too little the smells may be upsetting as they are destroyed.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think, in the event of an "actual" zombie attack, I'd like to meander about and explore the world, pillage, yada yada, yada. I don't think holding up in one location would be the best way to survive. Eventually I would need food or water, fuel for the "burning trench.... or fresh air. I'm a road kinda guy. Maybe I'll makes some new friends during my travels. Provided they're slower than I am.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

too little the smells may be upsetting as they are destroyed.

Yup,

"A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".

Similar situation...

edit on 23-2-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes 1 would keep it moving but there may be central protected zones secured these would be the fire/chemical surrounded zones. Parks gas/diesel truck inside camp then feeds flame when truck empty time to go back out for another fuel. Keeping in mind the attack isn't forever especially if observed from another safe zone to detect the population has decreased.

Pandoras box was one of my favorite myths all the sad then HOPE my friends.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If I had to choose a spot to spend a zombie apocalypse, and we're talking complete-pandemic-worldwide-80% zombie population and ammo and fuel have nearly run dry I would do a Tom Hanks in Cast Away and live somewhere like this:

Here I could sit back with some good fishing, build my own water distillery, and wait till either death came to me or revisited the undead. Some solar power would be nice too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There is a Seasteading thread...

Sea Steading thread at ATS here

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join