It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Time Have Already Been Altered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It is possible that time could have been altered by some one in the future and we wouldn't even know it, why because we could be in a new time line right? So time travelleres could have caused hitler to be defeated or even Communist Russia, Correct? I just wanna hear some responses if this is possible or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I suppose it is possible, if you throw out what we know about the continuum and make time travel a possibility, even probable, at some future date.

Perhaps Hitler wasn't defeated, and the towers never fell, but because some idiot savant from the future changed history and caused Hitler to be defeated (not saying it would be good if he had won, what he did was evil incarnate) the militant islamic movement and the development of Middel Eastern oilfields by he Rockefellers and others and on down the line......caused the current debacle the world finds itself in with regards to terrorism.

Messing with the timeline, produces a butterfly effect without question or possibility of any control. best to leave it all alone.

But to the original point, yes, perhaps our timeline has already been messed with, but we'd never know unless every change produced an infinite number of alternate universes (like that show 'Sliders') and one of those alternate histories' figureheads came to visit and informed us. Of course then , they'd be in the looney bin for talking such nonsense.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Allys would have been defeated if the Germans Had their Panzer division their to protect them but they didn't because hitler had command over them and hitler was sleeping during the invasion, So my point is that a time traveller could have dropped a sleeping pill in hitlers coffe or w/e causing him to sleep in late thus losing the War!!! *The Butterfly Effect bascially* So many possibilities and scenarios that could HAVE been altered.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What if JFK being assasinated was something done to alter the future aswell.. perhaps under his leadership something bad would have happened to the United States of America?

I ponder what other important and significant parts of history were perhaps altered and for what reasons.. (assuming this were true)

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by W411Eddie
What if JFK being assasinated was something done to alter the future aswell.. perhaps under his leadership something bad would have happened to the United States of America?

I ponder what other important and significant parts of history were perhaps altered and for what reasons.. (assuming this were true)

Eh you got a good point there, Since we really never solved the mystery of JFKS assination it COULD HAVE been a sniper who had a cloaking device that killed JFK.....Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The alternate universe/ multiple timeline theory is plausible. At every point in time there are an infinite amount of directions. I don't know what to think, but it certainly opens the door to the original question of whether we could be living in an already altered timeline. We could actually be living in all of them!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
truthfully, i would be suprised if it hasn't

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Humans will likely develop all possible technologies that are considered useful, within the boundaries of what is possible..given sufficient time. If time travel is possible then it will be achieved....at some point .

Now assuming the timeline is linear, then those who own and control the technology are able to go back in a reiterative way unlimited times, to perform adjustments to the past. They can make a small change, watch the effect downstream, go back again, watch again, etc etc for as many times as required to attain the desired result downstream. The reiterative concept is important.

What would motivate themthen becomes VERY important for essentially they are able to play God.... Power, aggrandisement, advancement of the race as a whole?
We cannot know if the keepers will utilise the tech wisely, or even morally. However, one thing is certain, they would not want to lose it. And therein lies an enormous problem. Each adjustment of the past causes ripples downstream which could, if unlucky, mean the technology is either not developed or is lost (eg the keeper's vault is nuked). It all gets too confusing for me after that as the keeper's attempt to follow the consequences of their timeline adjustment to ensure they don't lose their grail.
They could also, I guess, take out insurance, by taking plans for the technology into the past, with a sleeper timetravel agent who does nothing unless history starts to unravel in the wrong direction. The sleeper could even be replaced.... if the sleeper knight isn't replaced on a specific date he knows there is a problem downstream so he opens the box....and away we go again.

One can only hope the keepers of this technology are trying to adjust the past in an effort to create Nirvana downstream. That being the case, perhaps I'll wake up tomorrow and find my memory of Bush ablated. Please let it be so. But, then again, perhaps the WTC and the Florida election fiasco WAS the adjustment. My head hurts.

Agh, its all good fun. may as well just keep trying to live life to the full.
Of course, I could be the sleeper....and you'd never know.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Romeo]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just a long shot here, but if you take a look at this pic you will see a star painted onto the aircraft. This looks like it could be done by humans (You know the way we paint a British or American flag on to an aircraft.) So maybe we did 'Time Travel'.

Pic Here

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
According ot Einstein if you bend light you also bend time and space as shown in the philiadelphia experiment, so i believe its not to unlikely that thhis has happened

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
lol i get ur point, but i dont think JFK was a product of that. i mean cmon, he stopped a nuclear war with the soviet union, how bad could he be. but yeah i have thought about our timeline being altered, hell it could be being altered as we speak! RIGHT NOW! and we will never ever know. kinda sucks. but maybe its better that we dont know. holy crap i dont evenw anna imagine if hitler won, or the soviets got the A-bomb first.....

top topics

join