It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Choose?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is a Matrix-esque quandary, one that presents some rather interesting insights into the human mind.

What quandary would do such a thing? I'm sure some of you can think of several, but the one I bring to the table today is this: Would you choose to be in a prison where you're trapped in your mind, but your mind has created, or perhaps been induced to create, a room where you can live as you like, no laws of physics or anything, but the room retains the same cubic dimensions at all times?

Or would you choose to live in the real world, where you are not imprisoned, but there are outlaws and bandits everywhere, gunfire all the time, and a general state of disorder everywhere you look?

Freedom in hell, or incarceration in heaven? Would you choose an illusion of ignorance, or the freedom of reality's hellish world?

Both situations are purely hypothetical, invented for the sole purpose of this question. Your quandary: incarceration or freedom? I would ask you to consider this question seriously, and not give an off-the-cuff response. It's your choice, but this is a very deep question, with many possible answers.

Please discuss.
edit on CThursdaypm090917f17America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Freedom in hell, or incarceration in heaven? Would you choose an illusion of ignorance, or the freedom of reality's hellish world?

Both situations are purely hypothetical, invented for the sole purpose of this question. Your quandary: incarceration or freedom? I would ask you to consider this question seriously, and not give an off-the-cuff response. It's your choice, but this is a very deep question, with many possible answers.

Please discuss.
edit on CThursdaypm090917f17America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Hmm this is a deep question to process, yes. 1 would remain in reality no matter how bad it smelled or felt though. Thing is the descision would be more clear if there was awarness of entering the matrix to escape the dulls or if unaware you were placed in matrix. As opposed to being aware you are free and there is evol around you.

I like this Starchild23, very deep. Like if right now humans were in deep space asleep on a craft constructed say 300 years from now with AI to induce the DREAMS until a new physical world is found.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As I said...many possible answers. The scenarios are limitless, making the answers limitless.

Very careful consideration is advisable in this thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Incarceration in heaven definitly! Good feelings and positivity are much more desired than being 'free' in a hellish world.

To that end, are you really free when outlaws are prepared to take your life for a mobile they see you using? To me that sounds more like incarceration in a world with 4 larger [perhaps infinite?] dimensions. Freedom to create what you like while trapped in a small heaven is more like real freedom.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

I feel where your comming from but then if the dream goes sour and you begin to see the glitches in the program are you really free (remember the strength of your mind will make your reality)? Thing is the read energy from this OP is like a cosmic psyops or blk ops psyops and it gives off the energy of careful what you post indeed for you may exit or enter the matrix.. -enervised- Atleast in reality you KNOW WHATS REALLY GOING ON AND YOU MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO CHANGE THINGS AFTER YOU ADJUST TO THE HATERZ present?! Yes Fear of the unknown can come into play when considering my input but it is what it is. Worst case your placed into a dream state with your ETERNAL energies STILL RUNNING ON AUTO PILOT and something sinister feeds off of you as you produce certain feelings experienced within dream state, so 1 wouldnt appreciate parasitic feeding off of me due to me being physically sleep. Its a ruff call, its like do you chose startrek WHERE YOU know NOW YOUR NOT ALONE AND OTHERS DONT LIKE YOU to support the sleep and wake up or remain sleep and hopefully are protected in flesh spirit and conscious..

NAMASTE*******
edit on 2/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Well, personaly, having suffered alot in my existence, and having learned to deal with it has brought me alot in my life. There is always equilibrium everywhere, balance in existence. I'd choose freedom, and hell and suffering because it's what I know.

Peace and much Love to all

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Freedom vs. security eh? I like both. I'd alternate at first and try to combine the best of both situations. I don't like false dichotomies and tend to rebel against them. I usually choose balance over polarity because I don't want to limit my experience. If the time context was infinity (being forever stuck with my choice), I would absolutely rebel against the choice in the OP.

PS. I don't like it when the title of the thread doesn't give an idea of what it's about. I almost didn't click. I'm not trying to be rude, I offer this info for future reference in case anyone else may have passed on this thread due to the title (or lack thereof).

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Perhaps there is no choice really.
And you are just describing the human condition.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Would you choose to be in a prison where you're trapped in your mind, but your mind has created, or perhaps been induced to create, a room where you can live as you like, no laws of physics or anything, but the room retains the same cubic dimensions at all times?
Or would you choose to live in the real world, where you are not imprisoned, but there are outlaws and bandits everywhere, gunfire all the time, and a general state of disorder everywhere you look? Freedom in hell, or incarceration in heaven?
Would you choose an illusion of ignorance, or the freedom of reality's hellish world?

My personal belief is that this physical universe can be fully manipulated so that nothing... absolutely nothing that we can conceive, is impossible. All we have to do is to harness control/manipulation of energy and so too, matter.

Trapped... as you say, in one's own mind, nothing would be impossible but lacking the knowledge and ability to manipulate the the basics of our so-called reality, nothing is impossible still.

Of course, the concept of such ability is most often associated with being god... and finding ourselves no longer short of the ability to conceptualize such a being as more than myth, there's no reason why our species might not someday realize this as within reach.

But now to offer you a straight forward reply... I think I would take the inner world.

PS (edit) - S&F for walking out into thin air and considering what most of us think of as impossible.

edit on 23-2-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by redoubt because: addendum, correction

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Suffering and hell is ignorance of the true principle. Once the light of truth is perceived internally the matrix is no longer a prison.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Can you manifest anything in your secure square? I may like the solitaire...because I like that now...away from the crowds...I like to read...there is sooooooo much information to read and learn about. The only thing is that I would want someone to discuss it with....So I would require in my box...knowledge and someone to discuss it with. Also...can you astral project and travel that way from your mind(box)....if so...then I'm in.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

ur question reveal an issue that must be clarified,

everyone seem to always make the confusion between free will and choice, while they are opposite

when u choose then ur freedom end itself, while free will is exclusively the true sense of freedom being constant so it will be from its constancy matter of fact

the only true choice is to choose to b true, bc truth is any and all so never a choice, then it means to stay same as u r without making any move which by concept of it kills wat u r

then if else wat u call hellish freedom or heaven prison move towards u, it is that else becoming objective and not u

by staying u same, that objective freedom will mean to force u which in truth will kill it
and objective positive will mean to negate the positive present u r which will kill it too in truth

and since only truth is, then u might expect to see truth life at the end coming to take away those dirt

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That is very deep and difficult to answer, but I think I'd rather stay in the "real world". Yes, lots of bad stuff happening to good people all the time, lots of injustice and pain, but this is a place where we can learn and grow. I love the feeling I get when I learn about something and start reading, researching and experiencing it more and more, going deeper and discovering lots of other interesting stuff during the process.
A "heaven room" sounds like a good idea at first, but I think that somewhere along the way it would get pretty boring, to the point it would turn into some kind of personal hell.
So, that's it. Another serving of real world for me, please.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ever since our ancestors used stones an sticks as tools, We have been creating our own majic boxed to escape the hell of real lfe existance,We tamed an utilised fire to escape the cold an keep the mosters that would eat us an children at bay. We kileed animals to fill our bellys an wore ther furs an skins to keep us warm. All our exsistance we have striven for things to transport us from natures realitys ,Music theatre religion litriture Radio Tvs I Pads or pods or whatever ther called computers the internet mind altering substances ect ect ect,I think we are all ready in this majik box of wich you speak.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

u sound like a true man, this is rare from what man is a fancy in meaning free chickens possible moves so it can never be true when never was

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

u sound like a true man, this is rare from what man is a fancy in meaning free chickens possible moves so it can never be true when never was

LOL...chickens are never true....or is that man...I forget!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

LOL...chickens are never true....or is that man...I forget!

chickens are free perspective of objective absolute true facts, so chickens are what mean to be a man

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Sorry, I couldn't understand your sentence...could you clarify?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
Sorry, I couldn't understand your sentence...could you clarify?

yes sure i can but i dont know if clarity means is the same sense then urs

when truth is objective perspective then free senses are present result around to witness it but as true too but different so free from the fact perceived

conscious is what act and move in forcing itself to respect what it suppose to do then, if u perceive truth objective then u know that u must do the same even if u know too that u r relatively free from that way of being true since u came after, but u know that u must at least realize objectively same thing for truth conception that cant b but all and any is true first

so we have those men figures that allegate being conscious while they are not

they go to state that women are their mothers who are never free nor conscious while them never act conscious nor move in concept even

so men in concept of its creators are the chicken in meaning being superior to absolute beings allegating its fact to truth only, while they are inferior to those subjectively being and also they are never the least true reality they pretend knowing being true

why free perspective make perceivers chickens

bc as i was meaning to be conscious u must be conscious of truth as a reality u realize u alone, in acting wholy as being true in concept of truth right, this noone so no awareness want to do, i guess that is why animals and gods are the same in truth, chickens

there is a risk to move as true there that no awareness take while only conscious so true conscious do

so they as all prefer to wait where truth would justify them on the same spot and tell then how to act constant, it wont b true so who is gonna play true existence, well the nonchickens and chickens will get down enjoying the rest to eat as ones pleasing themselves of

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
Incarceration in heaven definitly! Good feelings and positivity are much more desired than being 'free' in a hellish world.

To that end, are you really free when outlaws are prepared to take your life for a mobile they see you using? To me that sounds more like incarceration in a world with 4 larger [perhaps infinite?] dimensions. Freedom to create what you like while trapped in a small heaven is more like real freedom.

Thank you for your answer. But is the illusion worth being imprisoned in your mind, whereas you could make a real, physical difference out in the world? I think that a world in trouble, a world without a hero, is a monumental opportunity to stand up and make your mark.

But that's just my thought.

Thanks again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join