It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's for dinner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay, I'm trying to get some ideas to make dinner tonight. Not really a good cook but I do try.
I have to cater to Discordia and Febris.

I don't know if I want boneless chicken with buttermilk biscuit dough and bacon, ground beef and tacos, or turkey.. Oh decisions, decisions.

So, what's your idea Betty Crockers?

Thanks

Least I'm starting to feel better and I gave whatever I had to Febris.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Have you given this site a try?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Nope. Never heard of it. But, I'll give it try and see what's on there.

Hope it's not too difficult.

Thank you
edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Tacos. Ground beef tacos, with tomatoes, cheese and lots of salsa. In crunchy tortillas.
I wish I had lettuce. If it was summertime, I could just go outside and substitute dandelion greens.....

I was thinking of whole wheat pasta, with cut up tomatoes, garlic, basil, and cheddar cheese, until you gave me the taco idea. That sounds better now.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Tonight i'm putting together a giant salad for everyone. Including sauteed chicken, hard boiled eggs, kalmata olives and croutons. Not hard to make at all.

I really want to make bouillabaisse again. Basically its a seafood stew but goddamn is it amazing. Especially when you make a french bread spicy roux.

I'm thinking of making for lunch some stuffed mini sweet peppers with some home made hummus.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh, I'm coming to your houses for dinner, so I don't have to cook.

Those sound good.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm probably going to make a yummy stir fry out of ramen noodles.
Basically, you boil the noodles with veggies then strain them. Put them back in the pan with about a tablespoon of vegetable oil then add the flavor packet. Stir until the flavor is uniform then let it fry a bit. It's sehr yummy

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why is it when I've just started a diet people want to talk about food? I'm starving for something juicy, savoury and fattening, ON A BIG PLATE. Ah, the suffering.

edit on 23-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Red beans & rice...

To make them right you need to think ahead....so this doesn't help you for tonight.

1: Get a ham bone. You probably will have to order one in advance at a butcher or Honeybaked ham sells them.
2: Mail order some andouille. Good andouille simply isn't available in TX where I live.
3: The small red kidney beans are the ones to use. They'll get plenty creamy. Soak a 1lb bag overnight and drain before cooking.

Now on to cooking

Finely dice a medium onion, 2 celery stalks, and a small green bell pepper (I prefer to use 1/2 green and red) in 1/4c vegetable oil until tender. Add 5 or so cloves of chopped garlic and sautee a minute longer. Season with salt and pepper while cooking

Slice the andouille into 1/2 rings and add to the veggies. Sautee until the fat starts to render out.

Now add in the soaked and drained beans, ham bone, and enough water to cover by about an inch.

Bring to a simmer and add a couple of bay leaves, black pepper, a pinch of thyme, and a little cayenne. Go easy on the seasonings for now.

Simmer for a couple of hours and add water as needed.

When the beans start to get tender stop adding water and adjust the seasonings to your liking. The beans will get creamy as the water evaporates.

Serve with plain long grain rice. 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water, 1 tsp salt, and 1Tbls butter. Bring to a simmer in a sauce pan, cover and turn the heat down low and steam for 17 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave covered for 5 additional minutes. Remove lid and let sit for a couple of additional minutes and then fluff with a fork.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
She talked me into Sonic. So much for cooking.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
well I see you already went to Sonic
but here's my 2 pennies anyway: Now if you're gonna do the tacos....
fry up your own shells. I make mine out of the flour ( flour , whole grain, aramanth)tortillas... soooooo much tastier than corn in my most humble opinion. I don't give a flip about traditional, so i make sure that i have a sauteed blend of green onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms (here's where you add the jalapenos if you like it hot) that you can just spoon into your shell. Add some lettuce/spinach/cilantro blend , some tomatoes and a nice sharp cheddar cheese, a good fresh salsa. Oh and some boiled black beans. oh my......
edit on 24-2-2012 by missvicky because: cuz I'm freakin dislexci!

edit on 24-2-2012 by missvicky because: cuz i'm pr3akim bisexual!

edit on 24-2-2012 by missvicky because: cuz i'm tyr3d ov pivin raisins!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

simple..if your a crap cook... then make a salad.

I am making a pear and walnut salad for dinner tonight....
with bread that I can dip in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Stroganoff with bread and Thin Mint cookie cake with chocolate thin mint frosting

Yes a recipe for the cake will follow!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not sure about tonight yet but last night I was a tad pickled (intoxicated) so I took the easy way out and made a sandwich.

I made a crab salad sandwich on toasted multigrain bread.
I mixed the crab with some garlic,crushed peppercorns,a drop of worcestershire and a drop of mustard.
Served with a side of shrimp.

new topics

top topics

join