It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Only need one sentence to defeat your entire arguement.

The USS Liberty.

Maybe that’s all it takes in your mind but that doesn’t take away from the atrocities committed by Iran against its own people on a daily bases, or its failure to adhere to the NPT, or its continuous provocations, or its relentless proxy wars against US and Israel, or its plans to attack Israel preemptively, or its plans for world wide caliphate, or its funding of terrorists, etc, etc.

Besides, you’re always talking about America sticking its nose into the business of other countries, right? So why do you think that you can speak up against Israel for taking care of its own business? Why is it any of your concern?
edit on 27-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why do you support Iran having nukes? Do you feel the world will be a safer place? Why do you care if Israel attacks Iran? Rather than calling me names why don’t you give us all some real reasons for your point of view? What a concept!!

Yes...I for one believe that the world would be a far safer place if we showed respect for international law, the Nuclear Arms Nonproliferation Treaty, and the sovereign rights of nations to govern themselves within their own borders, and simply let Iran pursue their nuclear program.

Conversely, I think the world will be a far more DANGEROUS place if we continue our support for the rogue nation of Israel who (unlike Iran) is ACTUALLY in violation of international law by occupying the West Bank and continue a set of military, diplomatic, and economic strategies specifically designed to keep the Middle East in a perpetual state of chaos and/or beneath the thumb of our own puppet dictators which we install.

Remember...Iran was a free-market, religiously secular, DEMOCRACY until 1953 when our CIA overthrew the government and installed a brutal dictator. However...even then...the whole "death to America" thing didn't really start up until we armed, funded, and trained their arch-nemesis Iraq into a 10 yr war and ALSO ARMED AND FUNDED BOTH SIDES of the Iranian Revolution...thus ensuring that any result would most assuredly be more bloody, divisive, and horrific than it would have otherwise been.

Furthermore... "allowing" them to develop their own nukes will probably make them less likely to try buying the thousands of "lost" and "missing" soviet-era nukes via clandestine organizations and terror cells. Aside from the fact that the Soviet technology was 2nd rate to begin with...the fact that it has not been properly maintained in 20 years only makes it more likely to inadvertently launch or detonate.

What I want to know is...why aren't we APPLAUDING the fact that Iran is doing this OUT IN THE OPEN??? They don't HAVE to. Russia and all those black market nukes are right next door.

Personally, I see the Iranians willingness to not hide their as being enormously positive and diplomatic.

Again...I'm no fan of Iran. But I'm even less of a fan of the United States acting like the "Slingblade" of the world when we have failed miserably in every major armed conflict of the last 67 years.

Morality, ethics and politics aside...we are a nation of fat, stupid, and lazy fools who are incompetent to the core. Why would we want a war of ANY kind under those conditions?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
let's cut to the chase - America must be stopped in telling other countries what they can or cannot do. I'm beginning to believe my country is the number one exporter of terrorism....Just ask Iraq, Afghanistan, every other country we've invaded....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyprian
let's cut to the chase - America must be stopped in telling other countries what they can or cannot do. I'm beginning to believe my country is the number one exporter of terrorism....Just ask Iraq, Afghanistan, every other country we've invaded....

feel free to run for office
that would be assuming a LEADERSHIP role, otherwise just follow or get out of the way.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Incorrect. Anybody who "just follows orders" and as a result knowingly and willfully participates in the organized annihilation of the human species is just about the worst kind of scum I can think of...right on a par with child molesters and serial killers.

Tell that to Iran. Since many of you believe Iran is so innocent and peaceful would any of you care to tackle these??

Good luck!

Iran's Grand Ayatollahs - 'Earth Belongs to Muslims and the End is Near

'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor – DEATH

Global Caliphate Conference 2012 - March 10, Vosendorf Austria

Iran moves from "Destroy Israel!" to "Destroy all the Jews!"

The more extremist garbage that comes out, the harder its going to be for the tools who support Iran to keep up the charade.

You bet!

1. "Grand Ayatollah"- Yes. Religion of any kind is madness and lunacy. I guess the CIA shouldn't have been so quick to overthrow the humane, non-islamic, religiously tolerant, free-market, Iranian government in 1953.

2. "Israel off the map"- Sounds good to me. They are a rogue state in violation of international law and countless attempts at peaceful resolution to return the West Bank back to who the United Nations recognizes as the lawful owners...the Palestinians. Worse...they are Zionist religious kooks every bit as brutal, irrational, dangerous as a Muslim or Christian religious kook.

3. "Pastor Execution"- I agree. I find using religion as a means to justify an execution to be every bit as barbaric as the practice of executing minors and the mentally retarded in Texas. Indeed, it's ALMOST as sick and twisted as an entire society turning a blind eye towards the institutionally sanctioned homosexual raping of little boys in the Catholic Church for hundreds of years. This is EXACTLY the reason I support completely secular governments across all cultures and countries.

4. "Austria to become a Muslim state"- OK...does this mean that we ought to stop peddling western culture in the Middle East...or is that "different"? Why would we be surprised at this? Once again...proving that "faith in a God of some sort" is the most dangerous thing of all.

5. "Genocide of Jews"- Genocide is never justified. That goes for Jews AND Native Americans. However...ignorant hill-folk stoned on religious zealotry are rarely rational. Given the United States long traditions of genocidal practices I cannot be one to throw stones, so to speak....except reiterate once again that RELIGION IS THE BANE OF MANKIND'S EXISTENCE. The sooner we eradicate these tribal superstitions from playing a role in politics, economics, and international affairs...the better off we will all be.

...so what's your point?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Besides, you’re always talking about America sticking its nose into the business of other countries, right? So why do you think that you can speak up against Israel for taking care of its own business? Why is it any of your concern?

You may have a bug up your rear cleansing chute about Iran, But you are not stupid.
Answer this one question truthfully please.

If Israel did not want Iran attacked, Would the US be there at the moment?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Only need one sentence to defeat your entire arguement.

The USS Liberty.

Maybe that’s all it takes in your mind but that doesn’t take away from the atrocities committed by Iran against its own people on a daily bases, or its failure to adhere to the NPT, or its continuous provocations, or its relentless proxy wars against US and Israel, or its plans to attack Israel preemptively, or its plans for world wide caliphate, or its funding of terrorists, etc, etc.

Correct. It is wrong of us to concern ourselves with Israel. They have made their bed...now let them lie in it. I say throw them to the wolves.

However...you are seriously misinformed about the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. The reason Iran is so ticked is specifically BECAUSE they are IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AND ALL NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFERATION TREATIES!!!

I suppose...if they were thumbing their nose at international law I might feel different. However, FACT is that they are fully permitted to enrich uranium and have a nuclear plant.

Stop watching so much Fox News.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyprian

Don't think for a minute that there aren't numerous countries around the planet that would love to destroy America. Those powers are at work right now and I firmly believe that Americans who talk like you would probably stand by and let it happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by Kyprian

feel free to run for office
that would be assuming a LEADERSHIP role, otherwise just follow or get out of the way.

Wait...you feel that politicians are LEADERS?!?!

Weeeeiiiird. I never thought of it that way.

Parasites? Sure. Criminals? You bet. Sociopaths? Most of them. LEADERS?!?! Wow...that's a possibility I've never considered.

Let me get back to you on that one.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To the people who suggest that Israel and or other countries should commit war crimes on Iran, please also consider this:

There are not any reasonable indications which implies that Iran works on a nuclear bomb. And if they really own a nuclear bomb one day, they would be at least pretty safe from war criminals.

watch and read the following, maybe it can change your mind:
'US believes Iran not trying to build nuclear bomb'
'CIA feeds us bad info on Iran nukes' - IAEA ex-head
Would You Support an Iran War If …
'CIA feeds us bad info on Iran nukes' - IAEA ex-head
US Iran Policy in 'Lockstep' with Israel?: President Obama Risks Becoming a Major-League War Criminal

Iranian people have in their country not less freedom than we have. If you think that they are mostly exploited or enslaved by their government, by religion, by banks or corporations your wrong.

Should Israel and USA really commit war crimes against Iranians like these

Tehran Persian Nights
Streets of Iran: Iranian Beauty
PERSIAN LIFE STYLE (TEHRAN,IRAN)
www.worldbybus.at...
www.worldbybus.at... (if you don't understand German, you can still see via the pictures that their culture is mostly a peaceful one or use google translate)
edit on 27-2-2012 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Um, no, I have the RIGHT to disagree with the blatantly terroristic actions my countray has taken. Unless, of course, you feel that bombing a country back to the stone age on the say so of a known cokehead is is right and proper..oh, forgot, can't say that about Georgie Boy....pity, would love to see his ass brought up on war crimes charges, myself.

And btw..get back in line.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I can't speak for that guy...but I know I would certainly stand by and let it happen.

Mostly because I think that killing people is wrong...and it's even worse to blindly follow orders to do so.

Maybe if we stopped installing dictators in oil-rich countries for the benefit of our corporate overlords we wouldn't have these problems, huh?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

You do elect each one of them and also get to vote each one of them out of office. Wow why is this a new concept. 200 and how many years now?

edit on 27-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Don't think for a minute that there aren't numerous countries around the planet that would love to destroy America.

My friend, please, you sound Silly writing sentences like that.

No one wants to destroy the US, You can exhale.

What is wanted is for the US to Get their noses out of other countries business.

They shouldn't throw stones, as the US is a entire country of Glass Houses.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

and why shoud america do it let the middle east handle its own prpoblems

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyprian

Unless, of course, you feel that bombing a country back to the stone age on the say so of a known cokehead i

I just dont get your post, who is the Cokehead? who has been bombed back to the stone age?

but in the video I posted I showed real cowards trying to blow up good men and women, If you are an American, some of them you know.

If you are trying to make this a republican / democrat thing, well thats small thought doncha think. After all Barry said "Afghanistan is My War"

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

We pretty much went to Afghanistan and Iraq on the say so of George Bush...who used to drink himself stupid and do copious amounts of coke - to the point where he was even implicated ina coke bust a number of years back. I'm not making this a Republicrat/Demican thing, I'm making it a "wwe are at war because Howdy Doody said so" thing.

This war is wrong, we are invaders (unless all Iraqi 13 year olds are Al Qaeda operatives) and it ultimately boils down to the sheer arrogant thinking that WE can and will dictate to other countries.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Don't think for a minute that there aren't numerous countries around the planet that would love to destroy America.

My friend, please, you sound Silly writing sentences like that.

No one wants to destroy the US, You can exhale.

What is wanted is for the US to Get their noses out of other countries business.

They shouldn't throw stones, as the US is a entire country of Glass Houses.

I agree. I don't want the US to be "destroyed"....but I also don't really feel like it's worth "fighting for" either.

Seriously. We imprison a higher percentage of our population that China does. The Patriot Act seriously undermined civil liberties...the NDAA finished the job. If you assemble peacefully you will be hit by tear gas and pepper spray. We are getting ready to put more drones in the air in the States than we have in Afghanistan.

What's the point? Why is America so great?

Don't get me wrong...I would have given life and limb without hesitation for The Old Republic...what we USED to have. But this fascist hellscape? Who in their right mind would go "fight for their country" when that same country will not even take care of those wounded in combat or uphold the Constitution? So you can come home to a nice, shiny, surveillance drone over your neighborhood while your public schools rot?

I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You weren't born yet. OK I got it. Let me guess, your heroes are Sean Hannity, Bill O'Riley, and who ever else FOX can dig up from under a rock. You worship brave men like G. W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfled.
War is easy for you, you understand it, you have seen it on TV. If the real world ever breaks through your happy little "let's go to war to make the world a better place" day dream someone's gonna have to change your nappy.
Take you bottle and go to bed, dream of your chickenhawk war heroes, I aint got time for ya kid.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyprian

News flash there Buckerooo!!! Afghan is Barry's war So will Iran be. And if so it will be the United States Interest

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join