It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

that is not proof of funding, just ranting and rheotric. I know he is capable of this and does it daily. But did he fund them? where, how much, when?

Obama made allot of promises but I dont expect him to do anything though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by curedby432

First off if you watch the video, you see that Iranians agree that religion and politics should not be mixed.

If that's true, and it's not just a propaganda piece, why don't they do something about that, and get the religion out of their government? No, seriously. I don't much care what kind of government they have, but if that is what they truly want, why don't they do it?

they send us their love!

I don't want their love. I'd settle for their cooperation.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The UN atomic agency said Wednesday that “intensive efforts” by its team visiting Iran on the way forward failed, and that they were denied access to a key military site.

politicons.net...

Iran has performed actions with their nuclear program that have violated the NPT / IAEA requirements / guidelines.

they couldn't go into a MILITARY site.

they could go into the nuclear sites.

They have not violated anything. It never said anywhere in NPT that they had to reveal all state secrets.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by seabag

that is not proof of funding, just ranting and rheotric. I know he is capable of this and does it daily. But did he fund them? where, how much, when?

Obama made allot of promises but I dont expect him to do anything though.

Are you seriously trying to say that Iran DOESN’T fund Hezbollah and Hamas??

Come on now…as if the Supreme Leader himself saying it isn’t enough.

Hezbollah has also received Iranian-supplied weaponry, including 11,500 missiles already in place in southern Lebanon. 3,000 Hezbollah militants have undergone training in Iran, which included guerrilla warfare, firing missiles and rocket artillery, operating unmanned drones, marine warfare, and conventional war operations.[18]

Mahmoud Ali Suleiman, the Hezbollah operative captured in August 2006 by the IDF for his role in the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid on July 12, admitted during his interrogation that he received weapons-training and religious instruction in Iran. He told his interrogators that he rode in a civilian car to Damascus, from where he flew to Iran. Other than the Russian-made Katyusha, Hezbollah's reported artillery cache is entirely Iranian-made.

Quick Wiki
edit on 25-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

the 2009 elections were a sham because the real elected president was a reformist and wanted to do just that.,

it's what the people want. They will eventually succeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

they give them weapons...ok....

that is not funding but rather weapon sales.

we sold weapons to Iran to fund the contras, and that was legal.

the money is the real issue.

weapons kill your enemies too.

you cant get weapons if you dont have money.

It is estimated that yearly, over 1.5 trillion dollars are spent on military expenditures worldwide (2.7% of World GDP).[1

en.wikipedia.org...

WASHINGTON - A grand jury in Philadelphia indicted four men Tuesday for an alleged plot to support the Lebanon-based terror group Hezbollah through illegal schemes, including buying the group more than a thousand machine guns.

askville.amazon.com...

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: more

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

the 2009 elections were a sham because the real elected president was a reformist and wanted to do just that.,

it's what the people want. They will eventually succeed.

What you say is true and Obama should have helped them when they asked for US help. Do you realize how much harder it will be for them to remove the regime once their ‘leaders’ have nukes? Besides, I believe the ‘leaders’ want to spark a war with Israel and the west to solidify their power and rally their people around Iranian patriotism. These guys aren’t stupid…they know the people get behind their country and leaders during time of war, especially war against two countries they’ve been conditioned to HATE!

Call me an arrogant American but I just don’t think we can afford to wait for this to happen naturally. Iran should not be allowed to acquire nukes…they are too fanatical IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

it's a good thing our CIA says they are not trying to make them. They could buy them like any one could on the black market.

But then again, that would make the whole world our potential enemy.

this thread is conditioning us to hate them.
edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

Minister Stresses Iran's Respect for All Religious Minorities

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Minister Seyed Mohammad Hosseini underlined the Islamic Republic's respect and support for the rights of all religious minorities living in Iran.

Hosseini referred to the rights of religious minorities in Iran, and added that in Iran, the religious minorities have representatives at the parliament.

He further underlined that commonalties of different religions should be identified and introduced.

Hosseini made the remarks in a meeting with followers of monotheist religions in Tehran on Saturday night, stressing that the amicable and cordial relations among the followers of monotheistic religions in Islamic Iran is one of the honors of the sacred Islamic Republic.

In relevant remarks in 2010, Vice-Speaker of the Iranian Parliament Mohammad Hassan Aboutorabi Fard had also reiterated the Islamic Republic's respect for religious minorities, and said that minorities in Iran enjoy the same rights that Muslims have even in legislating laws for the country.

"Representatives of the religious minorities enjoy equal rights with other lawmakers in the Islamic Consultative Assembly (parliament) in Iran," Aboutorabi Fard said in a meeting here in Tehran at the time with the Patriarch Cardinal of the Chaldean and Assyrian Catholic Church of Iraq.

He said that based on Islamic guidelines, all religious minorities in Iran are free to observe their religious duties, and they also enjoy the right to choose their own favorite MPs from among their own religious brethrens.

english.farsnews.com...

that inlcudes Jews.

You keep listening to what they say, and I'll keep watching what they do, and I think we may be able to arrive at some sort of conclusion between the two - even if they are at odds with one another.

link   
Double post.

Second line says "oops!"

edit on 2012/2/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

they give them weapons...ok....

that is not funding but rather weapon sales.

SAME ARTICLE I sourced…

The funding of Hezbollah partly occurs through donations. Lebanese Shias often make zakat contributions directly after prayers, leaving change in the two-handed Hezbollah collection tins.

Also Hezbollah receives financial and political assistance, as well as weapons and training, from the Islamic Republic of Iran.

The US estimates that Iran was giving Hezbollah about $60–$100 million per year in financial assistance but that assistance declined as other funding was secured, primarily from South America.

Some estimates of Iran's aid are as high as $200-million annually.

wiki
edit on 25-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

by they, you mean the regime fighting for its survival over the Iranian dissident movement.

again, not my tax dollars or our militaries problem

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Some people have fallen victims of confusing Iran with Shia. They try to
imply that Shia were persians who hated Arabs and that is why they oppose
Umar and some other companions.

Iran is a country and Shia is a belief, they are two different entities!
Many people are Shia but they are NOT Iranian. There are Shia in Iraq,
Hijaz (Arabian Peninsula), Syria, Lebanon, and all of them are Arabs. In
addition to that, there are Shia in Pakistan, India, Africa, America, and
all of them are neither Arabs nor Persians.

More over all of the 12 Imams of Shia are Arabs, from Quraish and from Bani
Hashim. If Persians were prejudice and hated Arabs, as some people claim,
they would have chosen Salman al-Farsi as their Imam since he was a great
companion of the Prophet, and respected by both Shi'its and Sunnits.

www.al-islam.org...

Hezbollah[1] (Arabic: حزب الله‎ ḥizbu-llāh(i), literally "Party of God") is a Shi'a Muslim militant group and political party based in Lebanon.[2][3][4] It receives financial and political support from Iran and Syria, and its paramilitary wing is regarded as a resistance movement throughout much of the Arab and Muslim worlds.[2] The United States, the Netherlands,[5] the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Israel classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization, in whole or in part.[6]

Hezbollah first emerged in response to the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon, during the Lebanese civil war.

Hezbollah, which started with only a small militia, has grown to an organization with seats in the Lebanese government, a radio and a satellite television-station, and programs for social development.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

so Israel made Hezbollah really.

I they had not invaded Lebanon, Iran would not be funding them I guess. But I see your point. They do give them money in the form of donations. I wonder if that goes to weapons exclusively or if it goes to the displaced Lebanese.

Due to its tightly regulated financial system and the highest gold reserve in the Middle East, Lebanese banks largely avoided the financial crisis of 2007–2010. In 2009, despite a global recession, Lebanon enjoyed 9% economic growth and hosted the largest number of tourists in its history; however, by 2011, economic growth had slowed to below average for the region.[14]

Lebanon is known for its unique efforts in the Middle East to guarantee civil rights and freedom to its citizens, ranking first in the Middle East and 26th worldwide (out of 66 countries) in the The World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011.[15]
en.wikipedia.org...

Over 900,000 refugees are being catered for by many organizations and volunteers. Yet there is still a serious shortage of clothing and hygiene, especially for the children.

These refugees left their homes with nothing except what they were wearing. Three weeks have passed while they are in schools where only minimum hygiene is available. Children as well as adults need a change of clothes. But before that they need a HOT BATH. Schools are not equipped with bathrooms, they only have toilets and wash basins and no hot water. SPNL intends, starting immediately, to install portable bathrooms in the schools where the displaced are being housed temporarily. Temporarily, in certain cases, could be several months!!

donatetolebanon.blogspot.com...

Lebanon opens bank account for donations to equip army Lebanon's army uses US equipment, such as these M-60 tanks Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Israel and Lebanon avoid wider conflict
Lebanon rejects US aid with ties
Clashes on Israeli side, UN says

Lebanon's defence minister says the country has opened a bank account to receive donations to buy weapons for its poorly-equipped army.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

by they, you mean the regime fighting for its survival over the Iranian dissident movement.

again, not my tax dollars or our militaries problem

Yes, the Iranian Government. "They". "They" claim religious tolerance, and also tolerantly execute apostates from Islam.

Yup. that "they".

You're right - what they do inside their own borders is not our military's problem. I wasn't saying it was. I was saying that it's duplicitous to claim one thing and do the opposite.

I'm glad you think such people should have nukes. I do too, if they really want them - as long as those nukes stay within their own borders, too.

Because if they don't it becomes a military problem in a hell of a hurry. Not much time to wind up to speed when missiles start flying.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
From the bit of research I just did, I see that fast-neutron reactors require at least 20% enrichment of the U.

From my research I am not seeing that type of rector being used / considered for use by Iran.

Iranian Nuclear program and Nuclear facilities in Iran
Nuclear program of Iran
Beakdown of plants and type of plant.

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
Also worth noting that naval reactors use around 40-45% enrichment...I have a friend in the Norfolk shipyards, he refuels these suckers.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

Iran does not have any naval vessels that are nuclear powered. The other issue I was pointing out that even if they did, they cannot divert resources from the civilian program to pursue military applications.

My argument is based on the evidence present from all sources, which is Iran is attempting to justify / play off some of the questionable (and targeted by the IAEA) applications under the guise of research.

If Iran wants the world to believe them, that their program is only peaceful, then why the continual break of treaty requirements? One would think if the program is peaceful, and in order to show up the west and the US / Israel, that they would gladly show the IAEA the info to resolve the outstanding issues / concerns.

Why continually tell the IEAE that they want visits and meetings with inspectors to resolve all outstanding issues, sending a letter stating they would meet with no preconditions, only to get the inspectors there and stonewall them? Hell even the IAEA inspectors were confused because they met with the Iranian IAEA point of contact, who they are in constant contact with all the time? He was not able to resolve the outstanding issue, which was the reason for the trip to Tehran and a supposed meeting with senior Iranians who could answer / resolve the issues.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I never said they should have nukes.

If anything we should make them illegal to everyone.

but hey since our CIA says they are not building them, I feel better about just focusing on our own problems and not trying to police the world.

if they were illegal for EVERYONE, then I would be right there with you saying they can't have them either.

Its also a good thing that most people in Iran want democracy,

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
internet hang up dbl posts from refresh

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join