It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

you cannot bomb a concept. You can bomb a Mc Donald's.
unless we have developed a bomb that can target the ether.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Minister Stresses Iran's Respect for All Religious Minorities

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Culture and Islamic Guidance Minister Seyed Mohammad Hosseini underlined the Islamic Republic's respect and support for the rights of all religious minorities living in Iran.

Hosseini referred to the rights of religious minorities in Iran, and added that in Iran, the religious minorities have representatives at the parliament.

He further underlined that commonalties of different religions should be identified and introduced.

Hosseini made the remarks in a meeting with followers of monotheist religions in Tehran on Saturday night, stressing that the amicable and cordial relations among the followers of monotheistic religions in Islamic Iran is one of the honors of the sacred Islamic Republic.

In relevant remarks in 2010, Vice-Speaker of the Iranian Parliament Mohammad Hassan Aboutorabi Fard had also reiterated the Islamic Republic's respect for religious minorities, and said that minorities in Iran enjoy the same rights that Muslims have even in legislating laws for the country.

"Representatives of the religious minorities enjoy equal rights with other lawmakers in the Islamic Consultative Assembly (parliament) in Iran," Aboutorabi Fard said in a meeting here in Tehran at the time with the Patriarch Cardinal of the Chaldean and Assyrian Catholic Church of Iraq.

He said that based on Islamic guidelines, all religious minorities in Iran are free to observe their religious duties, and they also enjoy the right to choose their own favorite MPs from among their own religious brethrens.

english.farsnews.com...

that inlcudes Jews.
edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately

If the world wants to have a double standard with Iran, then yes. It would make future NPT signees able to do what they want though. It would make the entire thing useless and mute. That would be awful.

Again you single out Israel while ignoring the "double standard" for North Korea, India and Pakistan.

Its not a double standard when a country is not part of the treaty. Iran's recourse would be to stop whining and withdraw from the treaty if they want nukes. Attempting to force Israel to comply with a treaty they are not a signatory to makes as much sense as Iran making that demand while they themselves ignore their own treaty obligations.

I dont know how else to get this through your heads..

Not a signatory = not part of the agreement = not required to comply with treaty obligations = because they are not a part of the treaty.

It would be the equivalent of using the International Criminal Court - Rome section, to go after Iran. Iran has not ratified that portion of he treaty and therefore is not bound by it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by curedby432

I am not sure where your confusion is coming in, but we are of the same mindset on most of the stuff you are arguing with me about.

As I stated the issue is with the Iranian government, not her people. I thought we should have sent aid to opposition groups in the 2009 elections.

So again im not sure why your coming at me in the manner you are when we are saying the same thing.

so it is that Iran´s issue is with Israel's government and not her people.

I agree with you by the way. We should have made a move WITH the world diplomatic community. We didn't because then they could do the same on our elections.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

not misspoken , misquoted again.

Iran will help anyone willing to “cut out the cancer” of Israel, its Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Friday.

“The Zionist regime is a cancerous tumor and it will be removed,” said Khamenei.

www.boldreport.com...

it changes the message huh. Zionism, not Israel. Remove FROM Israel, not remove Israel. Nothing to do with Jews, but rather Israel´s regime.

'The Zionist Regime' is a term used to refer to Israel. Iran does not recognise Israel as a country but as an "entity" occupying land owned by the Palestinians.

Therefore the removal of the 'Zionist Regime' does not equate to removing a 'Zionist' government from Israel (because there is no Israel as far as they are concerned) but removing Israel entirely and returning the land to Palestinian ownership.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here Jingos, listen to the lyrics, if your attention span lasts 4 minutes...

It's about to happen all over again, while you cheer it on ATS... pathetic fools.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

but then, they could not have signed, developed all sorts of nuclear technology and that would be that. They want the peaceful purposes for the energy. They probably would just say they want nukes if they wanted to make them. They aren't shy.

so the issue is they "might" violate the treaty by making weapons. When if they didn't sign, there would be no issue.

got it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

no it is NOT a term used to mean Israel. Israel is a term used to refer to Israel.
your expert OPINION is not valid here.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by curedby432

Originally posted by curedby432
Let's cut to the chase, you must be stopped from spreading fear.

Here is a glimpse of Iran for everyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The issue resides with the actions of the Iranian government / military and not with the people of Iran.

So, do you believe in a democracy or theocracy?

I am confused by your statement.

So your issue resides with a government that is a theocracy?

Actually Iran considers itself an Islamic Republic, not a Theocracy.

The issues with Iran revolve around the Iranian government and its actions on their nuclear program. Their actions when it comes to how they treat their people and foreigners in their country. Its how their government claims moral superiority while ignoring Iranian Penal laws for Sharia law, even though there are non Muslims in Iran.

Props though for trying to get me to step on the land mine by suggesting my issue is with Islam (I do have issues with extremist Islam being they defile the religion by claiming it says they are ok to kill indiscriminately).

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

reply to post by curedby432

I am not sure where your confusion is coming in

Ok got ya, sorry for the confusion on my end.

The US should be pushing our values on Israel as much as Iran.

By that I mean that since Iran and Israel are both theocratic governments, we should be pushing our knowledge from our government that separation of government and religion is necessary in order to form a better society.

One is not better than the other and Israel should be treated just like Iran since they run on same Type of government as Iran.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Again you single out Israel while ignoring the "double standard" for North Korea, India and Pakistan.

And you are still ignoring that fact for the fifth time now!

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

www.nytimes.com...

So much for your credibility. You ask for sources and when you get one you ignore it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here...

Some more wise words.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Fars News Agency (FNA) is Iran's leading independent news agency

english.farsnews.com...

That is like saying the daily news is owned by the US government and they speak for the country in an official capacity.

In order to be a media outlet in Iran, it must be approved by their Interior Ministry. They have the power and have used it to force articles removed / changed etc that doesn't paint the Iranian government in a good light, as was the case when IRIB reported Ahmadinejad comments about wiping Israel off the map.

The first article on their site has that exact statement, wipe of the map. It was removed and replaced with the one people like to cite now.

When the White House suggested to other media outlets to cut Foxnews out of covering the White House, MSNBC, their most vocal open, called the White House out on it and said absolutely not.

If the President of the US tells Foxnews to close down, they can ignore it since its against the law.
In Iran, it doesn't matter if the reporting is legal, once the government says no, thats it.

Back to the Iranian nuke issue since we have went way off course.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Erm, let's backtrack here. Yes, Iran is a theocracy. Ask any scholar.

An Islamic state is a state that has adopted Islam, specifically Sharia, as its foundations for political institutions, or laws, exclusively, and has implemented the Islamic ruling system khilafah (Arabic: خلافة), and is therefore a theocracy.

Source

edit on 25-2-2012 by curedby432 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by curedby432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

you cannot bomb a concept. You can bomb a Mc Donald's.
unless we have developed a bomb that can target the ether.

You can bomb the Knesset, just as the White House, Congress, The Hague and the Iranian Parliament building.

All locations that contain a "concept". The only way to remove those concepts is through elections or by violent force, which is what Iran is advocating.

To attack the Zionist Regime, Iran must target the Israeli Government. They must wipe it out because if they did not, then Zionism is still present. The only way to do that goes beyond the Zionist government.

Also you ignored my question.

If Iran were able to wipe out the Israeli Zionist Regime, do you think they, Hamas and Hezbullah would just sit idly by and allow Israelis to hold new elections?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What do you consider your own hometown?

I pity the bastard who gets pulled over by you reading an Iran thread on ATS on laptop.

You disgust me jackboot thug.

LOL @ U bro.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

no it is NOT a term used to mean Israel. Israel is a term used to refer to Israel.

Israel is a term used to refer to Israel by those who recognise Israel. Iran does not, it views Israel as an "entity" occupying Palestinian land.

your expert OPINION is not valid here.

What you mean to say is that inconvenient facts are not welcome here.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Also you ignored my question.

And you ignored this fact AGAIN (6th time)

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Yet the Iranian judicial system sentenced a Christian Pastor to death for refusing to recant his faith. The Iranian government is tying to hide that by stating the charges are for criminal activity. The problem with that is the Iranian Supreme Court released their ruling, which specifically deals with apostasy, not criminal activity.

Also, Nazi Germany passed laws to "protect Jews" by placing them into ghettos.

As you guys have pointed out to me, and me back to you, just because on paper the law looks normal, doesn't mean its followed or even used.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

no what I mean to say is don't make isht up. The people in question are not referring to the validity of the state of Israel, but ZIONISM. stop lying to us.

Israel, ISHRAEL, is what they call that geographic area....

Zionism, is just that, Zionism, a political ideology.

unless that is inconvenient to your war effort.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join