It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

But achieving what Obama calls a "world without nuclear weapons" means more than just talking, as earlier U.S. administrations always did, of preventing other countries from obtaining nukes. It means recognizing -- and implementing -- Washington's own obligations under the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), obligations to move towards complete nuclear disarmament. That was the NPT's deal -- countries without nuclear weapons, like Iran, agreed not to seek or make such weapons, in return for two things. First, they were promised access to nuclear power and nuclear technology for peaceful uses. Second, though too often conveniently forgotten, was the commitment by the Nuke Five - the U.S., Britain, China, France and Russia -- to get rid of their nuclear weapons. That's Article VI of the NPT.

www.tni.org...

Apart from the nuclear energy that was promised to them, it was hinted that Israel would sign and so it was really appealing to Iran. Instead, their nuclear facilities given to them were destroyed.

I have no source for where they were led to believe Israel was to sign apart from my father, and he is not yet digitized.

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Iran is a member / signatory to both, and because of that they agreed to the conditions, including inspections.

The CIA says 42 pages of your crap is enough. Go outside, get some fresh air and enjoy the hills of Langley, Virginia.

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

www.nytimes.com...

No bomb since 2003, which makes you look like a 42 page fool!

edit on 25-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by popsmayhem

Let d me understand this because they hang gays they will kill jews.

Exactly correct. The point is they are savages.
Iranian government has no
problems killing people
they find *less then human*
like gays, adulterers, and of
course Jews.
Just like Nazi Germany Hitler
hated Jews, and thought of them
as a cancer on society just as Iran.
Heres your sign. They get a nuke
there going to kill them some Jews.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

dude, come one.

savages?

that is what I am referring to. Where is the respect for your enemy?

I they are our enemy, and they are savages, then why bother with them? are they then not below us?
What threat can a bunch of "savages" pose to us?

You should be careful when describing another group of people as savages. It makes you look like a supremacist. Which makes you look like a lunatic. Which makes your argument seem like it comes from a ranting crazy person we should lock up, not listen to.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately

You should be careful when describing another group of people as savages.

No I should not, lets call the Iranian government what they are, savages.
What would someone say about
the American government
if they went around killing
gays and other *unlikeable*
types of people. They would call
them savages. The Iranian government
must be stopped from brutalizing a whole
race of humans as they brutalize gays, adulterers,
people that say bad things about allee.
Oh, and there number one unlikeable hated group Jews.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

But achieving what Obama calls a "world without nuclear weapons" means more than just talking, as earlier U.S. administrations always did, of preventing other countries from obtaining nukes.

It means recognizing -- and implementing -- Washington's own obligations under the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), obligations to move towards complete nuclear disarmament.

That was the NPT's deal -- countries without nuclear weapons, like Iran, agreed not to seek or make such weapons, in return for two things. First, they were promised access to nuclear power and nuclear technology for peaceful uses. Second, though too often conveniently forgotten, was the commitment by the Nuke Five - the U.S., Britain, China, France and Russia -- to get rid of their nuclear weapons. That's Article VI of the NPT.

Reference comment on US obligations to the NPT.
Obama administration weighs the future of America's nuclear arsenal - Feb 15th, 2012

............The White House and the Pentagon are now reviewing proposals that would reduce our stockpile by as much as 80 percent..............

Russia just announced they were increasing the size of their nuclear arsenal, yet not a peep from people / groups who are lambasting the US for having nukes.

www.tni.org...

Apart from the nuclear energy that was promised to them, it was hinted that Israel would sign and so it was really appealing to Iran. Instead, their nuclear facilities given to them were destroyed.

The US government (and the UK) have stated time and again they acknowledge Iran has a right to peaceful nuclear power. The concern is the enrichment percentage as well as Iran building secret locations as part of their civilian program.

The UN resolutions regarding Iran all have stop orders for when Iran complies and clears up the unanswered questions.

I have no source for where they were led to believe Israel was to sign apart from my father, and he is not yet digitized.

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

All the info I see from the UN / IAEA websites says nothing about Iran claiming they can go forward because Israel is not a signatory.

As a side note I found this info interesting -

Wiki - Nuclear program of Iran
Origionally reported in the Times.

Iran declares itself to be a nuclear state

On 9 February 2010 according to Government sources, Iran announced that it would produce uranium enriched to up to 20% to produce fuel for a research reactor used to produce medical radioisotopes, processing its existing stocks of 3.5% enriched uranium.[244][245]

Two days later during the celebrations in Tehran for the 31st anniversary of the 1979 Iranian Islamic revolution, the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced that Iran was now a "nuclear state."[245] IAEA officials confirmed it has enriched uranium "up to 19.8%".[246]

Responding to criticism, President Ahmadinejad said, "Why do they think that 20 per cent is such a big deal? Right now in Natanz we have the capability to enrich at over 20 per cent and at over 80 per cent, but because we don't need it, we won't do it."

He added "If we wanted to manufacture a bomb, we would announce it."[245][247] On the same day as the President's announcement, Ali Akbar Salehi, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, told Reuters that their 20% enrichment production, was going "very well," adding "There is no limit on enrichment. We can enrich up to 100% ... But we never had the intention and we do not have the intention to do so, unless we need (to)." He maintained that the 20% production was for a Tehran medical reactor, and as such would be limited to around 1.5 kg per month.[244]

edit on 25-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

then you are a dumbass for underestimating

1. their capability and the worlds diplomatic community who would disagree with you assessment of them as a people.

2. humanity in general, and the ability to reason and find solutions beyond a barbarians skill set.

3. our resolve to cut off the hard on from people like you for trying to throw us into a new dark age.

It's a good thing people like you (defeatist and pessimists) are always killing yourselves before you can reproduce. The world has moved beyond the days of Conan. Thank god, we like civilization more than you like to prove how macho you are.

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: more and fix

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Let's cut to the chase, you must be stopped from spreading fear.

Here is a glimpse of Iran for everyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's soooo cute when you run in circles like that and manage to completely avoid the question! In case you missed it - and I don't see how you could have, since you actually QUOTED it before completely avoiding it - here is the question again:

Me runnig is circles..No it is you this is you on the last page....

I'll bypass the requirement for a site tour, and settle for evidence of the illegality of it

and this is you now..

So what law have they broken to make it "illegal"?

You have been given an answer and failed to respond but I am happy to lay it out again.
UN Resolution Demanded That Israel Signs Up to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and still sofar they have refused and thus remained a nuclear outlaw.

www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk...

n June 19, 1981, the United Nations Security Council adopted a resolution which urgently called upon Israel to put its nuclear facilities under the comprehensive safeguards of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA); however, Israel never heeded the calls of the UNSC and following that resolution, no significant decision was ever made to domesticate Israel and bring its dangerous nuclear facilities under control.

www.darkgovernment.com...

Funny Iran has signed the NPT and abided by its rules and it not in violation.of international law..

www.guardian.co.uk...

It also calls on all countries which are still not signatories of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty to place all their nuclear activities under the Atomic Energy Agency's monitoring and safeguard system. Such countries are also called upon to halt all nuclear development, production and testing, and bring an end to activities towards the acquisition of nuclear weapons and their storage, in the territories under their control.

www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk...

Now in the light of that will you change you mind. I dont think so.. But the facts are the facts....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Iran is under no obligation to allow inspections there are other countries that do not allow inspections. Neither have they enriched uranium to a point where they can make a nuclear weapon. They are not in contradiction of international law or the treaties they have signed.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

While it may be hard for you to understand the reason why the conversation always shifts to Israel is because Israel is the cause of the problems. They are the ones screaming they are building the bomb and want to wipe us off the face of the earth. And even though our own CIA says they aren't try to build one we are about to go to war over Israel. So how do you think you can have a discussion about going to war with Iran and Israel no be brought into it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by curedby432
Let's cut to the chase, you must be stopped from spreading fear.

Here is a glimpse of Iran for everyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The issue resides with the actions of the Iranian government / military and not with the people of Iran.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

1. their capability and the worlds diplomatic community who would disagree.

They would disagree that
killing gay people is savage?
Like Iran is doing, killing undesirables, gays, jews, ect..
I think someone needs to take their medication.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Exactly correct. The point is they are savages. Iranian government has no problems killing people they find *less then human*

You want to bomb them because they are savages.. My of recent ATS has gone down hill...

OK answer me this question big guy... How many people has the US killed in the last two decades for economic gain and how many illegal wars has it started.

Then ask yourself the same question for Iran killed.

You are making a strong case for the destruction of your own country.. Really if you are going to debate adleast have some spine..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Iran is under no obligation to allow inspections there are other countries that do not allow inspections. Neither have they enriched uranium to a point where they can make a nuclear weapon. They are not in contradiction of international law or the treaties they have signed.

Yes, it is -

Actually yes it does - Treaty obligations require a signatory to disclose all locations that are part of the nuclear program and allow inspections to ensure compliance of security and safety guidelines as well as to ensure resources are not diverted from civilian to military programs.

United Nations - Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)

Article III

1. Each non-nuclear-weapon State Party to the Treaty undertakes to accept safeguards, as set forth in an agreement to be negotiated and concluded with the International Atomic Energy Agency in accordance with the Statute of the International Atomic Energy Agency and the Agency’s safeguards system, for the exclusive purpose of verification of the fulfilment of its obligations assumed under this Treaty with a view to preventing diversion of nuclear energy from peaceful uses to nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices. Procedures for the safeguards required by this Article shall be followed with respect to source or special fissionable material whether it is being produced, processed or used in any principal nuclear facility or is outside any such facility. The safeguards required by this Article shall be applied on all source or special fissionable material in all peaceful nuclear activities within the territory of such State, under its jurisdiction, or carried out under its control anywhere.

Click link for the remainder of treaty obligations.

Its a good read, and lays out whats required for a nation who is a member / signatory to the IAEA / NPT. Just reading the requirements of the NPT alone very clearly show where Iran is in breech.

IAEA membership requirements - Article XII

A quick snapshot -

ARTICLE XII: Agency safeguards

A. With respect to any Agency project, or other arrangement where the Agency is requested by the parties concerned to apply safeguards, the Agency shall have the following rights and responsibilities to the extent relevant to the project or arrangement:

1. To examine the design of specialized equipment and facilities, including nuclear reactors, and to approve it only from the view- point of assuring that it will not further any military purpose, that it complies with applicable health and safety standards, and that it will permit effective application of the safeguards provided for in this article;

2. To require the observance of any health and safety measures prescribed by the Agency;

3. To require the maintenance and production of operating records to assist in ensuring accountability for source and special fissionable materials used or produced in the project or arrangement;

4. To call for and receive progress reports;

Click link for remainder of obligations

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think you are a troll. You fail to address points of relevance, you fail to use logic and rational thought. You walk around facts and add no substance to any debate in which I have seen you partake.

Easy to say such things. How about some specific examples of something I've "failed to address".

Heck, I've even adressed your "troll" accusation!

SInce the US is the only nation in history to use such wepons I would be more concerned with them. They also used depleted uranium in Iraq and deformed babies are still being born.

There is a first time for everything. There was a "before" to US nuke usage, beyond which the US had never used nuclear weapons. Same for Iran. There is a first time for everything, and that first time is pretty damned devastating.

Depleted uranium is quite a lot less than worrying to me. It doesn't bother me to breath the stuff. people hear the word "uranium" and freak out. They completely miss the word "depleted".

Iran has not attacked a nation in over a hundred years.. The US banker owned military has been in a perpetual state of war for over fifty years.

The US has not used nukes in over 60 years. So what was your point again? It seems to me that you have either a very loose or very tight definition of "attack", one evidently tailored to suit your agenda.

There's that "banker owned" fantasy rearing it's ugly head again. It seems your idea of "perpetual" as in "perpetual war" is also fairly narrowly tailored to suit an agenda. I'm around 50, and for the vast bulk of that time, the US has NOT been in a state of war. For most of us, "perpetual" means ongoing and constant. What definition are you using? or are you perhaps using a different definition of "war" for the US than the one you are using for Iran?

Nice propaganda pic, by the way. WHO was it you were accusing of "spreading lies and propaganda" again?

edit on 2012/2/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

they don't kill Jews.

we still kill gays all over our country (USA) and are not savage, though we have retards like everyone else.

and the one calling for the "death of savages" needs medication. Or what is your solution? not kill them, okay, then we are back to diplomacy and letting them solve their own problems.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

While it may be hard for you to understand the reason why the conversation always shifts to Israel is because Israel is the cause of the problems. They are the ones screaming they are building the bomb and want to wipe us off the face of the earth. And even though our own CIA says they aren't try to build one we are about to go to war over Israel. So how do you think you can have a discussion about going to war with Iran and Israel no be brought into it.

Iran is the one stating they want to wipe Israel off the map. The Ayatollah just stated Israel must be cut out like a cancer.

Lets use another comparison that people like.

How many countries has Israel invaded compared to her surrounding neighbors? In all the armed conflicts Israel has been a part of, it has been in defense, not offense.

Israel has a legitimate argument with regards to Iran. Israel / US / UK, when talking about Iran, have never stated the plan is to invade / occupy or wipe them off the earth. When they speak, its referencing the nuclear program and nothing more.

The same cannot be said for Iran's language towards Israel.

Once again, Israel is not a signatory to the treaty where Iran is. Maybe Iran should spend less time bitching about Israel and the world view on their nuke program, and maybe just withdraw from those treaties instead.

There is NO comparison between Iran's program and Israels, simply because Israel never signed the NPT where as Iran did. Iran agreed to the terms of the NPT / IAEA.

Respectfully this is not a difficult concept - You would like to see Israel punished when in fact Israel is not violating any agreement / laws with their programs. At the same time people are trying to excuse Iran's actions when they are in fact in violation of the treaty.

Iran wants Israel held to a standard that Iran refuses to comply with themselves.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

ummm, they never said that. It was a misquote.

they want the political ideology of ZIONISM wiped from the pages of history. You can't bomb that. It's a concept.

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: fix

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join