It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by nenothtu

AGAIN, I will ask "what on Earth makes you think Israel has an illegal nuclear arsenal?

[Mohamed ElBaradei, former director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency] may make American and Israeli elites uncomfortable. But it is not a violation of the NPT or any other legal obligation that the Islamic Republic has undertaken. While the NPT prohibits non-nuclear-weapon states from building atomic bombs, developing a nuclear weapons capability is, in Baradei’s words, “kosher” under the NPT, see here. It is certainly not a justification—strategically, legally, or morally—for armed aggression against Iran.

Israel, of course, hasn't signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and its refusal to come clean about its nuclear-weapons program is exponentially more duplicitous than whatever Iran has hidden about its nuclear-weapons work. To those states that have signed the NPT, Israel's program is undeniably illegal. As reported by the Washington Post in 2005, former Iranian president Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani presented the view of Iran as an NPT signatory (fancy word for signer).

www.fpif.org...

Now the difference is. Isreal has them and Iran is being accused of trying to develop them.... and just like Iraq if it is invaded none will be found..

It's soooo cute when you run in circles like that and manage to completely avoid the question! In case you missed it - and I don't see how you could have, since you actually QUOTED it before completely avoiding it - here is the question again:

AGAIN, I will ask "what on Earth makes you think Israel has an illegal nuclear arsenal?

So what law have they broken to make it "illegal"?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Perhaps the IAEA, the US, the UN, and others should not ask to inspect any suspected Iran Nuclear works until they have asked to inspect Israel's nuclear works. Then, if Israel refuses to allow inspections then all the same rhetoric on bombing needs to apply toward them equally. imho

Isreal's not signing the NPT makes it all the more important to inspect their nuclear works. That need has been in effect since the JFK administration.

The IAEA, UN, etc. can get a guided tour from Vanunu, the Israel's nuclear bomb whistleblower. Israel has primarily plutonium based nukes, as that is what Dimona makes.

If Israel didn't have a nuclear arsenal, then the others would likely not even think of acquiring such an expensive weapon.

In the mean time, if any Arab state does get some nukes then they can learn all about MAD, like the US and Russia, like Pakistan and India, and others. Then find out that having nukes is a pain, because the first one to kill by the sword will die by the sword of nuclear annihilation.

The US knows the rules and Syria and Iran are under Russian and Chinese protection. If anyone wants to violate that protection, one can find a number of US ships sitting on the bottom, a number of oil tankers sitting on the bottom and no more oil imports coming past the Straights. Not to mention the US will take hits on the power grid from EMP and things won't be working in the US as it reverts back to the dark ages. imho

Then the US can start over and see if they can get things right the next time and not fall for a faked up religion that hates everything except itself and whose basic design is to have the Christians kill the Islams. imho

edit on 25-2-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Time to meet the real Satans

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

yes but we are lions, and Iran and all the ME are a bunch of worms.

You know what though, the lions seem like monkeys, and the worms seem like idiots.

I would like to be part of the rest of the world. Normal people who are credited with actually advancing the human race beyond the Hitlers roaring like lions(grunting monkeys), or the worms trying to make others fight their battles(Israel)

The rest are the normal people that have balanced the world into the modern society we currently enjoy.
Go us!

don't be a monkey or an idiot. Think.

Iran is no more a threat than Pakistan, yet they have not ended the world.

Muslim hate = retarded people acting like scared monkeys

Iran hate = concerned people acting like retards

Retards = everyone taking this situation beyond the bankers interests it is really about.

don't be a dumbass monkey. Muslims might not be your friends but they are certainly not your enemies. World conquest? Yeah right, go back to the comic books, at least there you get nice cartoons to go along with that BS.

Nukes, yeah they suck. Until they are illegal for EVERYONE, we can't bitch.

The same logic being used to say Iran will use them can be applied to everyone from Japan to Mexico.

dumbass crapola.
edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Are you sure they live there with no problems? Really?

They are a minority in Iran but they are still there and not being wiped up. Now if the Iranians wanted to wipe the Jews from the earth... Would they not start in their own back yard....

You type a lot without saying much...

We have minorities in the US, too, and we haven't wiped them out. Are you saying that they have "no problems" because they haven't been wiped out?

Would you like to speak to one to assess that argument?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

So your happy to apply international law to Iran but not to Israel. Double standards again in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't think he was saying there is not a problem there as well. Iran is just not killing them like it was going out of style the way people would like to see them do so as to justify another illegal war.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

So your happy to apply international law to Iran but not to Israel. Double standards again in my opinion.

No, he applied international law to both. Their obligations are different under international law, because of what they have agreed to. International law doesn't work like national law does. There is no overall Parliament to pass laws, there are only treaties and agreements.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately

I don't think he was saying there is not a problem there as well. Iran is just not killing them like it was going out of style the way people would like to see them do so as to justify another illegal war.

I understand that, but disagree that the only thing that rises to the level of "problem" is being killed. Personally, being killed doesn't even top my list of potential problems. Living in dhimmitude is way up on it, though.

Now, think about this: you have two populations of martians living in your neighborhood. One is living in your back yard under your law, and the other has set up it's own independent enclave, and declared itself free of YOUR laws, preferring instead to live under it's own law, rather than under your thumb. You want both martian communities to answer to your law. Which one are you going to bother about it - the community you have already subjugated, or the one that has declared independence from you?

In other words, where is the profit in subjugating the subjugated?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I guess the question would be, what Martian is in my back yard really?

If both are, then I need to reconsider if I am actually on mars and not in my backyard. In which case I am the alien and need to listen to them being as I am really the minority and should follow the laws of everyone on mars.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

We shall destroy the world for our ally, the superior race!
Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

Sieg Heil!

Sieg Heil!

Sieg Heil!

etc etc etc .....

This reminds me of when I lived in the USA as a child and had to stand up every single morning an sing the star spangled banner, and pledge allegiance. They even made me do the hand signals, I barely spoke a word of English, and had no association to your rewritten history, other than my father who had more skills than most of you had to protect your skies.

America outsources its atmosphere detection...I bet you didn't know that.

Even the Nazis didn't outsource their air force.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Its posted time and time and time again, yet people still refuse to learn.

What part of Israel not being a member / signatory to the IAEA / NPT are people just not comprehending / understanding? Because Israel is not a member, they are not subject to inspections.

Iran is a member / signatory to both, and because of that they agreed to the conditions, including inspections.

I find it sad that you guys continually attack Israel, yet say nothing about Pakistan, India, N. Korea, who are doing the exact same thing as Israel.

Or is that ignored because those countries aren't Jewish? After reading post and post, thats the impression you and others are trying to make.

Again Israel has absolutely nothing to do with Iran's obligations to the treaties / IAEA.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If it reminds you of America, you are implying those pictures you posted were present, If it occurs in the US, how about you find the pictures that show US military personnel doing what you claimed.

Ironically enough the pictures you posted show actions taking places in countries you are defending.

Care to clarify?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Iran only signed because they were promised Israel would. They never did. That is lying. Yet they still upheld their end of the bargain and didn't withdraw from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

actually that was a common salute among many non- Nazi groups. The Nazis just became associated with it along with symbols like the swastika, an ancient symbol since before the great flood.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Why would they nuke anyone? Why would any nation nuke another one? It seems both Iran and Israel want to destroy each other, maybe nukes will be like the deterrent between the west and the soviet union. I'm pretty sure we wanted to wipe communism off the face of the map during the cold war.

We did do a fair job of severely truncating communism during the Cold war - we took down the major players on the opposition team, several smaller players then fell under their own weight, and what we didn't take down underwent a transformation. It was all done without a single mushroom cloud.

I don't know that Iran would nuke anyone, and I don't know that they wouldn't. No one knows, until they get that nuke. They've done some less than rational things in the past, but there is just no way to know if they would be less than rational with a nuke until they get one.

Personally, I would work this problem a bit differently than is currently being done. First, I wouldn't wait any longer for them to withdraw from the NPT. They've had ample time to do that already. I'd pull the NPT away from THEM, rather than waiting for them to pull away from it any longer. Then I would ring Iran with ABMs, and tell them to build whatever they want, since I jerked the NPT out from under them. They would no longer be obligated by it. As soon as they launched a nuke, I'd then use the ABMs to shoot it down over Iran. No reason for anyone else to have to deal with THEIR fallout. Let them handle it.

I don't have issues with Iran having nukes, I have issues with Iran breaking the trust.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Israel were kicked out of the UN tomorrow morning. it wouldn't bother me, for that matter, if the US were kicked out within an hour of that. The gutless wonders we have in DC seem unable to move themselves to get out of it while the getting is good, so the next best solution is for the UN to kick us out. The UN is the single most useless bit of fluff I've ever had the misfortune to witness, and I might even be moved to dance if our association with it were brought to an end by whatever means available.

The entire world, in my opinion, is in some serious need of reorganization.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I agree but not entirely.

We prolonged the stale mate and on the side line used economic warfare to destroy communism. I respect that for the sheer intellect that was needed. Cunning, intelligence, and sleight of hand.

I despise the outright and dangerous wars being fought by their replacements. The world was better off with its cold war warriors. The new breed are dumbasses.

I wonder why their school won the tactics show and tell. They didn't contribute to anything except the headaches the rest had to clean up.

edit on 25-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I guess the question would be, what Martian is in my back yard really?

If both are, then I need to reconsider if I am actually on mars and not in my backyard. In which case I am the alien and need to listen to them being as I am really the minority and should follow the laws of everyone on mars.

Unless your back yard is on Mars, that's nothing to worry about. if you're interested, I have a patch of Martian land that I'm not doing anything with - it's just kind of sitting there, being cold and dusty. if you'd like to discuss taking it off my hands at a reasonable price, we can talk. Shoot me a U2U if your interested.

Otherwise, if your back yard is on Earth - and I presume, but can't prove, that is your current location - then the Martians are in the minority.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Iran only signed because they were promised Israel would. They never did. That is lying. Yet they still upheld their end of the bargain and didn't withdraw from it.

Actually no, that never occurred. Please provide the source where you received that information. Israel has never signed the NPT, where as Iran has.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

actually that was a common salute among many non- Nazi groups. The Nazis just became associated with it along with symbols like the swastika, an ancient symbol since before the great flood.

I know, and its nice to see some others are familiar with that part of history as well. My point though was his comparison. He stated it reminded him of living in the states, yet at no point did he provide any photo evidence to support the claim.

Instead he shows Arab military personnel giving that salute.

If he had issues with it in the US, why is he ok with it in that part of the world?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

To be honest, the "Cold" War got pretty doggone hot at times, but it was usually a "proxy war". Both "us" and "them" were trying to win hearts and minds of proxy nations to our side, and letting them duke it out amongst themselves. There were only a few occasions where the major players went in hot, and only two where they went in hot in a big way - that would be Vietnam and Afghanistan.

You're right, the end result came about because of economic and psychological warfare more so than any of the little guerrilla brushfire wars popping up in third party countries, because those areas are where communism and the like are weakest. Their economies always leave them vulnerable, and the psychological operations grow out of that. When in a war, covert or not, one attacks the weak points of the opposition, and those were theirs.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join