It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by nenothtu

So you are suggesting that if Iran withdraws from the NPT then the problem ends since they will no longer be a party to that treaty? So this is all over a contractual conflict?

The "problem" will not have ended, but the illegality of it will have.

You suggest that Iran is not wrong to develop nuclear weapons or to refuse international inspectors. Rather it is wrong ONLY because it signed that paper? Everything would be honkey dorey if it wasn't for a signature on a paper somewhere?

Exactly. If they've not agreed to do or not do something, then they cannot have broken their agreement. Where I come from, if someone can't be trusted to keep their word, they can't be trusted, period.

Are you totally mad?

No, I'm pretty mellow. I've nothing to be angry over at the moment.

Or is it that this is the only argument you can present that does not leave Iran looking like it might be behaving exactly like Israel?

It's not a matter of what it "looks like", it's a matter of what is. Israel is complying with it's promise, Iran is not. Therefore, Iran does not "look like" it's behaving like Israel.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

es we will protect Israel, but who will protect USA? Who will protect us?

I have seen it all now.. What a poor me attitude. So not being satisfied with two illegal wars and between 1-2 million civilian deaths. All based on lies.

You now want to start a third war because you are scared of muslims and because nearly 1000 years ago you think they nearly took over the world..

4 real! lol
edit on 25-2-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Israel, North Korea, Pakistan and India are the only countries not to sign up to the NPT. Not a great club to be in.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

garbage?
think again and just a little more clear.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Exactly. If they've not agreed to do or not do something, then they cannot have broken their agreement. Where I come from, if someone can't be trusted to keep their word, they can't be trusted, period.

Stop trolling and address issues..

Its sounds like you are talking about Isreal they have an illegal nuclear arsenal. Do you think we should bomb them..?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It's not a matter of what it "looks like", it's a matter of what is. Israel is complying with it's promise, Iran is not. Therefore, Iran does not "look like" it's behaving like Israel.

Incorrect.. Israel is complicit in breaking more international laws in the middle east than any other nation. You post is garbage. Israel has an illegal enriched uranium weapons program. That is fact. There are no facts that Iran has one... Stop spreading lies and propaganda.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

If they hang gays then I am sure they would use the nuclear weapons they are producing to kill jews, Americans, or anyone else who does not conform to their sharia law OR they dislike.

Edit yourself.. Your logic is flawed..... Let d me understan this because they hang gays they will kill jews. IN the US they electricute retards. Does that mean that the US will kill jews too....?
edit on 25-2-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
40 pages...

I guess when spring comes around birds do their tweeting and chickenhawks do their warmongering.
edit on 25-2-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Israel, North Korea, Pakistan and India are the only countries not to sign up to the NPT. Not a great club to be in.

I won't comment on whether it's a good club to be in or not - it's not my club. I will say, however, that those countries were bright enough not to paint themselves into a corner.

There's probably a lesson in strategy and options in there some where.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Iran says they want to wipe Israel from the face of the planet.

Quotes like that are often taken out of context. They have a problem with the regime not the people. Jews live with no problems in Iran.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Stop trolling and address issues..

Its sounds like you are talking about Isreal they have an illegal nuclear arsenal. Do you think we should bomb them..?

I addressed it - with a legal argument no less. I can't help it if you've got nothing to come back with other than to suggest that I live under a bridge and eat goats and children.

I do eat goats, by the way, so you may have an argument there.

AGAIN, I will ask "what on Earth makes you think Israel has an illegal nuclear arsenal?"

Why would I think we should bomb Israel? They've not violated the NPT.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I won't comment on whether it's a good club to be in or not - it's not my club. I will say, however, that those countries were bright enough not to paint themselves into a corner. There's probably a lesson in strategy and options in there some where.

Regardless that does not mean we are legally allowed to bomb them. Or would prefer Iran was bombed illegally lie Iraq and Afganistan. Remember the Nuremberg trials. Once day the US will no longer have the biggest stick and when that happens all those complicit in war crimes from the common solider to high ranking government will be held accountable for their actions.

You might as well be trying to defend the actions of Nazi germany..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Incorrect.. Israel is complicit in breaking more international laws in the middle east than any other nation. You post is garbage. Israel has an illegal enriched uranium weapons program. That is fact. There are no facts that Iran has one... Stop spreading lies and propaganda.

Show me the money. I want some evidence of this alleged "illegal enriched uranium weapons program. If you can't provide it, then we know EXACTLY who is really spreading garbage, lies and propaganda.

Now THERE is a fact for ya!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

reply to post by ILikeStars

Iran says they want to wipe Israel from the face of the planet.

... They have a problem with the regime not the people.

That goes without saying, now doesn't it? They would prefer an Islamic regime in Israel. Of course they don't want to wipe the land itself off the map - where would they keep all those poor, beleaguered Palestinians? Arab countries sure as hell don't want to host them! Just ask Jordan what happens when they do.

Jews live with no problems in Iran.

Are you sure they live there with no problems?

Really?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

What evidence would be sufficient for you? I take it media reports will be considered biased, so apart from actually taking you to the sites, I doubt any evidence would satisfy you.

After the BBC aired this documentary, all their journalists were banned from Israel and the BBC was shunned when Netanyahu visited the UK.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

AGAIN, I will ask "what on Earth makes you think Israel has an illegal nuclear arsenal?

[Mohamed ElBaradei, former director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency] may make American and Israeli elites uncomfortable. But it is not a violation of the NPT or any other legal obligation that the Islamic Republic has undertaken. While the NPT prohibits non-nuclear-weapon states from building atomic bombs, developing a nuclear weapons capability is, in Baradei’s words, “kosher” under the NPT, see here. It is certainly not a justification—strategically, legally, or morally—for armed aggression against Iran.

Israel, of course, hasn't signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and its refusal to come clean about its nuclear-weapons program is exponentially more duplicitous than whatever Iran has hidden about its nuclear-weapons work. To those states that have signed the NPT, Israel's program is undeniably illegal. As reported by the Washington Post in 2005, former Iranian president Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani presented the view of Iran as an NPT signatory (fancy word for signer).

www.fpif.org...

Now the difference is. Isreal has them and Iran is being accused of trying to develop them.... and just like Iraq if it is invaded none will be found..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I won't comment on whether it's a good club to be in or not - it's not my club. I will say, however, that those countries were bright enough not to paint themselves into a corner. There's probably a lesson in strategy and options in there some where.

Regardless that does not mean we are legally allowed to bomb them.

And whaddaya know - we haven't bombed them! How 'bout that?

It DOES mean, however, that there are avenues of approach, one of which is a [legal bombing.

You might as well be trying to defend the actions of Nazi germany..

Meh. I've been called worse.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Are you sure they live there with no problems? Really?

They are a minority in Iran but they are still there and not being wiped up. Now if the Iranians wanted to wipe the Jews from the earth... Would they not start in their own back yard....

You type a lot without saying much...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

What evidence would be sufficient for you? I take it media reports will be considered biased, so apart from actually taking you to the sites, I doubt any evidence would satisfy you.

After the BBC aired this documentary, all their journalists were banned from Israel and the BBC was shunned when Netanyahu visited the UK.

I'll bypass the requirement for a site tour, and settle for evidence of the illegality of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What you and purplemar are not seeing is the Nuclear weapons programs in Israel, India, Pakistan and North Korea are not illegal.

What makes those programs "illegal" is when the nations join the IAEA / NPT and accept / ratify the various agreements they entail. Because Iran is a member / signatory to both, they agreed to certain conditions, namely not producing / creating the ability to build nuclear weapons.

If people remember The US / UN and other countries were all over N. Korea over their program, until the withdrew. We are engaged with North Korea to resolve that issue, however N. Korea does not ave to accept. You will also notice there was no bellicosity towards bombing N. Korean nuclear sites which is because they are not bound by the treaties.

Iran claims their program is peaceful / civilian only and thats perfectly ok. The issue comes in with dual purpose applications, and the largest issue was the uranium enrichment being over whats required for civilian programs. Because Iran is part of the IAEA / NPT, they agreed to certain obligations. Iran is ignoring some of those obligations, which means they are violating parts of the agreements they signed.

If Iran were to withdraw from those agreements, there would be no legal standing to take action against Iran's program since they are no longer bound by the agreements / treaty / IAEA requirements.

Trying to compare Israeli programs to the Iranian one is like comparing apples to the force from star wars. There is no double standard with Israel on this issue (actually Israel, Pakistan, India, N. Korea) simply because they are not violating anything.

I fail to see Iran's / posters in these forums position and comparison. If Iran is that concerned about Israelis nuke program, then why doesn't Iran just withdraw and be on par with Israel, India, Pakistan and North Korea? If they did that, and the west still goes after them, then you would have the evidence of Iran being targeted for reasons other than their nuke program.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join