It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

the more news I read about Iran’s intentions

This is your biggest problem. The fact that you believe the MSM to be reporting the truth of the matter.

Iran thumb their noses at our peaceful attempts at nonproliferation the more at ease I am with backing an Israeli strike to remove Iran’s weapons and regime.

That's funny. Yet you support an illegitimate nation like Israel who already HAS nuclear weapons and practices apartheid on the Palestinian people. How noble of you.

Iran openly and continuously proclaims its intentions to annihilate the Jews yet people still deny this truth:

Not true. They have never said they intend to annihilate the Jews. They said the nation of Israel must be removed not the Jews. The largest population of Jews in the middle east outside of Israel live in Iran. If what you said were true, don't you think that they would start with the population of Jews living within its boarders first?

The leaders of Iran continue to spew propaganda to the people of Iran and anyone who will listen.

The western powers would never do this though. They would never lie to their people.

The time has come for Israel to take care of these sick leaders in Iran and prevent the rise of Islamic fundamentalists.

What say you?

I say, down with Israel. Nothing but a bunch of murderous, land thieving, liars who take their orders from banking royalty. I say to you OP,.....stop thinking like a slave.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
America is not WAGING war on Iran. If America wanted to wage war with Iran,they would have done it years ago.

Too bad your claim is not based in reality nor is it compliant with the facts.

How many countries has America officially declared and waged war upon?
How many countries has America actually bombed and conducted military actions against and also occupied?

I'll defer to wikipedia on this:

The table below lists the five wars in which the United States has formally declared war against foreign nations.
en.wikipedia.org...

America isnt a perfect Country,That I will agree with you on. Our foreign polices,at times,stink,but when a Nation like Iran has Nuclear weapons,the world will be in an even more dangerous place. That is a fact. Iran should not have the Bomb. No country should,but Iran definitely shouldn't.

We agree. No nation should have the capability to tear our atoms/molecules apart.

But it is awful hard for Iran to negotiate equally at any table with anyone who does have nuclear weapons, as well as over 40 military installations.

Military installations have one use. Military actions.

And since America never declared war on Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other surrounding countries Americans occupy with military installations made for military purposes and used for military actions we can conclude that Americans have alread covertly declared war on Iran ... maybe around the time Bush included them into that "Axis of Evil" speech, ... or maybe even before that.

Remember John McCain's "Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" song?

edit on 24-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
disregard.
edit on 24-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think you hit the nail right on the head!!

Something must be done now!

edit on 25-2-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Remember John McCain's "Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" song?
reply to post by ILikeStars

Some of you act like John McCain made this up, and it was so reprehensible, yet in the 80's it was a popular PRO-America song. Vince Vance and the Valiants recorded the song parody "Bomb Iran" during the early stages of the 1979-80 hostage crisis.

The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic crisis between Iran and the United States where 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981, after a group of Islamist students and militants took over the American Embassy in Tehran in support of the Iranian Revolution.[1] President Carter called the hostages "victims of terrorism and anarchy," adding that the "United States will not yield to blackmail."

I remember it back in '79-81. Do you have any Idea how it would feel to be held hostage.I cant imagine.
I remember Do you? I bet those still alive do. How about the others that have been held? Or beheaded.
Yeah I remember, Do you?

This kinda put the Parody "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" into perspective with John McCain. He knows about being held against his will.....tell me something, how do you think you would fair in one of those cells? What if you were a woman?
What if you were a Woman held hostage by a Hard line Muslin country? Think you could do it?
What songs would come to mind after you got let go?

edit on 25-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

America is not WAGING war on Iran. If America wanted to wage war with Iran,they would have done it years ago.

Too bad your claim is not based in reality nor is it compliant with the facts.

How many countries has America officially declared and waged war upon?
How many countries has America actually bombed and conducted military actions against and also occupied?

We are fighting numerous unconstitutional wars,but none with Iran. At least,not yet.

Prove to me, we are at war with IRAN?

(spying doesnt count,everyone does that)

Dont prove to me that we are in "other countries". I already know that silly......

Deceleration of War.
Loss of life,both sides.
Troop movements.
Battle plans.
Timetable of withdraw
Etc.....

We do agree on the Nuclear thing though,and that is promising.
In all honesty,you are the only one,in this thread worth debating,cause you are not "bashing" America,but are actually bringing good dialog to the table.

I respect that.

So,other then leaving Iran alone,and we both know the United States,and those who oppose Iran from having Nuclear weapons wont,what do you think is a viable solution to this madness? One that could work,if the cards fell in place?

edit on 25-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sedona5602
reply to post by yoesse

im not beating war drums im stating facts.

some people would rather take the ostrich approach and stick their head in the sand only to get their behind wacked and with a nuke you don't get a second chance

Could this really be? what might be in the sand? :
youtu.be...
from this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cause this is what I see.

no star no flag
edit on 25-2-2012 by yoesse because: last line

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
When is the last time Iran nuked anyone?

And don't give me no Iran hangs gays BS

Well first off, Iran does hang gays so that is not BS

Iran executes three men on homosexuality charges
www.guardian.co.uk...

If they hang gays then I am sure they would use
the nuclear weapons they are producing to
kill jews, Americans, or anyone else who does
not conform to their sharia law OR they dislike.

These people stone women on adultery accusations.

I have no doubt in my mind when they are done
making the nuclear weapon they will use it..

Either way letting them have a nuclear weapon
to use is unacceptable and while I do not want
to see anyone killed, they must be stopped.
They purposefully built nuclear facilities near civilian
cities, schools, because you know how
islamic terrorist love to hide behind women and children.
Shoot from schools and Mosques.
They are 3rd world savages.
So don't give me that *when is the last time iran nuked someone* BS.
edit on 25-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

How is this any of our business? So Iran hangs gay people in their own country. Not an American problem. Here's an idea. If you're gay and you live in Iran... Don't tell nobody?
Iran is going to use their nuke that doesn't exist to kill Jews? Yes I'm sure Iran just can't wait to give Israel a reason to wipe them off the map in a matter of seconds.

I wish people would use their damn heads some times and stop drooling over the propaganda the mainstream media feeds them.
edit on 25-2-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
Do you have any Idea how it would feel to be held hostage.I cant imagine.

But of course I know what it is like to be held against my will as a hostage. I'm an American who must comply with more laws than I am naturally permitted to learn within my lifetime and which are not required learning in schools. Do you know how many laws Americans must comply with in order to be a law abiding citizen? And if you do not comply with these laws, no matter what country you live in, eventually Americans will come to your country and ensure you abide by more laws than you can live long enough to learn.

Do I know what it is like to be held hostage? I live in Illinois where we only get 75% of all our tax dollars back and spent on Illinois. Of course I know what it is like to be held hostage. Where does the other 25 cents of each dollar Illinois residents pay go? "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" 45+ military bases all around Iran capable of striking them Iran within hours. Why are these bases there? Because we are going to war with Iran, whether I like it or not. Who is paying for this war? Well, I am and my neighbors are, primarily because BILLIONS of people closer to the problem are not capable or willing to fight their own battles for themselves.

I remember Do you? I bet those still alive do. How about the others that have been held? Or beheaded.
Yeah I remember, Do you?

Careful buddy. I don't think you know me well enough to assume things that are not true.

This kinda put the Parody "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" into perspective with John McCain. He knows about being held against his will.....tell me something, how do you think you would fair in one of those cells? What if you were a woman?
What if you were a Woman held hostage by a Hard line Muslin country? Think you could do it?

Why can't the BILLIONS of other people closer to Iran do something about it rather than me and my neighbors and family who live thousands of miles away? Why are we responsible for making sure Iran complies with the laws that are so many ... hey, what are the specific number of laws that exist in America?

How many laws are there in America?

Can any child born today live long enough to learn them?

If we locked John McCain and all the other LAWMAKERS up in a nice plush hotel/resort, and did not let them out until they wrote down all the existing laws word for word from memory, do you think they would live long enough to finish the task?

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse" - Any and every judge

FACT: The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world.

Number of inmates. 1920 to 2006.[1][2] (absolute numbers) General US population grew only 2.8 times in the same period, but the number of inmates increased more than 20 times

en.wikipedia.org...

Stupid bitch should move or not go there. Men and women thousands of miles away are not obligated to go to war with an entire country because one stupid bitch went over there and broke their laws or pissed someone off by telling them how to live. Yes, I have managed to survive some austere conditions during my own 3+ years in warzones.

The Gummy Bear song, long English version.

[size=120]✌☮

edit on 25-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Deceleration of War.
Loss of life,both sides.
Troop movements.
Battle plans.
Timetable of withdraw
Etc.....

We are at war with Iran, there has been loss of life on both sides by the other side already. Troop movements have happened, those 45+ bases are not manned by people who were not moved there in preparation for more war. Battle plans exist for many countries, as do timetables, but as an American my government is not obligated to tell us the details. We are at war with Iran because psyops and propaganda are and have been in the past part of battle plans timetables. We are at war with Iran, or hundreds of thousands of troops and support staff would not be in the same timezone as they are 16 or 17 hours ahead of central time zone here thousands of miles away from Iran.

We do agree on the Nuclear thing though,and that is promising.
In all honesty,you are the only one,in this thread worth debating,cause you are not "bashing" America,but are actually bringing good dialog to the table.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm a bit tired at the moment, but respond when I can. America certainly has their fair share of social delusions and other problems that seem to effect the masses of their/our society, but there is still a lot of good to be found in Americans. We are certainly underestimated, and our potential, like those of Iran's residents and Israel's residents are also very very very underestimated, or our collective potential is greatly feared by those who have continiously and intentionally divided us and driven us to mistrust eachother and even hate eachother. Those who have genetically become accustomed to having power and authority, and the responsibilities that go with it, are going to keep the perks of that luxury/curse. And they will apparently go to many ends to retain that wealth of information.

As we share this dialogue with eachother, as well as other ATSers here in this thread, I come to understand where we agree, and the subtle things we may not see eye to eye on, as well. But, I do appreciate the dialogue and the conversation is one that I too am learning things about.

I respect that.

I try. To be honest I am a very humorous person, but this does not always translate well when typing the words here on ATS. I do overutilize humor and sometimes twisted inverted sarcasm to difuse hostilities.

There are those who have spent time in warzones and know what it is to have people around you trying to kill you 24/7, weeks and months at a time, and there are those on ATS who have passionate opinions, but have not spent one day in a warzone themselves. MSM, tv and movie entertainment are not accurate accounts of reality, imho. And, unfortunately we must rely on them for most of our information that we garner regarding the issues. Having said that, I will share with you this little factoid of mine: My senses have personally witnessed things that the main stream media (in this particular case CNN Europe) reported on that were not true. I was watching CNN Europe version when they were reporting live a battle that was going on in a city in Iraq. They showed their reporters in harms way, troops fighting street to street, and bombs and explosions going off ..... so I walked outside my tent to a hill about 20 yards away and looked out over the Euphrates at the city. There was nothing going on there whatsoever. That was the day I became aware that we are being lied to because I saw and witnessed it for myself. Do a google search about psyops agents from the military infultrating and working at CNN in the 90s, as well as other news agencies. Psyops is brainwashing, winning hearts and minds, aka propaganda. The thing about Martial law is I highly doubt they would announce it via main stream media simultaneously to hundreds of millions of people. That would be diametrically opposed to the goals and reasons for what martial law is and what it is used for.

So,other then leaving Iran alone,and we both know the United States,and those who oppose Iran from having Nuclear weapons wont,what do you think is a viable solution to this madness? One that could work,if the cards fell in place?

Brother, if I knew of an option that existed that has not been considered ... I'm not sure I'd be here on ATS right now.

I do believe I have seen part of the madness's tools causing this madness, but unfortunately it may just be a symptom of the madness, or a byproduct of it.

I'll share this:

I often wonder what variables would have to exist in order to make what we are doing morally and ethically right.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Please at least have your avatar change it's shirt before I take you seriously

Are you kidding? It's recycled hemp - how much more PC or green can he get? It's for the environment - and it's for the children!

Israel should sign it, if Iran had 300 nukes, the world would be pissed off.

"Should"?

"SHOULD"?

I think a lot of things "should" happen that aren't going to. I think the Ayatollahs in Iran "should" resign first thing tomorrow morning and step down to let the people rule. What I think "should" happen will in no way affect what actually does, or the right or wrong of what actually does.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by seabag

And yet, no one bats an eye to the illegal cache of nuclear arms Israel has...

I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning for opening this can of worms, but could you be more specific as to why you think Israel has an illegal cache of nuclear weapons?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by nenothtu

Because Iran is an NPT signatory, and Israel is not.

Iran was promised Israel would sign the NPT if they did. Iran signed it. Israel didn't.

And there you have it. Iran signed, Israel didn't. They each have different rules to abide by.

North Korea signed it, too, then later pulled out of it. If Iran is going to play with nukes, they ought to follow that lead.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

seabag you are right. Absolutely right. Seems some people dont know history, some forget.

Arabs came close to taking over the world in 1291. Real close. Some here not caring about this will say "leave them alone" and some will say "its the dog wagging the tail news propaganda" Those saying that the USA shouldn't get involved cry the loudest about Brown Labor stealing their jobs.

Well how about a race of people stealing your country? Far fetched? maybe, maybe not.
another thread but we have serious issues here in good old USA. Procreation. Americans are not multiplying. Why you ask? 30% are not working we should be having a baby boom here and it isnt happening. WHY? Why is every other country procreating and not Americans ?

"They come into our country seeking work but they dont come to live our American ways"
Think about it. Yet they procreate. And they pick up a minority vote and then they are a majority. Yet they dont live our American ways.

Our Country becomes their Country and soon they will be stoning young women and hanging young gay men and heaven forbid Blowing Israel the hell off the planet. Crusade war fought all over again with a different outcome and they did it the easy way, Having fun!!! Doing the wild thing!!!

Sound far fetched? Not in 30 years.

This problem needs to be stopped. The sooner the better. Yes we will protect Israel, but who will protect USA? Who will protect us?

Lets just cut to the chase!

edit on 25-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

1. Do you think Iran should have Nukes? If so, Why?

When is the last time Iran nuked anyone?

Perhaps a more relevant question would be when will Iran first nuke someone?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I see you are eating the Iran propoganda with an open mouth..

The only reason Iran is going to be attacked is because they want to install a central bank.. That is a fact. Do your homework and stop spreading the lies that will kill millions of innocent Iranians.....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I really hope you're being paid to post that garbage because I honestly can't believe that someone can be that ignorant. So we need to run around and wage war with the enitre Muslim world because you're afraid of Muslims? "who's going to protect us"? My God... I don't even have the words....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Why would they nuke anyone? Why would any nation nuke another one? It seems both Iran and Israel want to destroy each other, maybe nukes will be like the deterrent between the west and the soviet union. I'm pretty sure we wanted to wipe communism off the face of the map during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Perhaps a more relevant question would be when will Iran first nuke someone

I think you are a troll. You fail to address points of relevance, you fail to use logic and rational thought. You walk around facts and add no substance to any debate in which I have seen you partake.

SInce the US is the only nation in history to use such wepons I would be more concerned with them. They also used depleted uranium in Iraq and deformed babies are still being born.

Iran has not attacked a nation in over a hundred years.. The US banker owned military has been in a perpetual state of war for over fifty years.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join