It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by rebellender

So the fact that America developed nuclear weapons and introduced them to the world has absolutely no connection with the present times and the amount of countries America has either toppled or helped topple in the past 10 years?

People who ignore history haven't learned anything from it.

The spread of nuclear weopons in a massive scale started when it reached the Islamic world, Pkistan where Abdul_Qadeer_Khan started his nuclear smuggling network, wich made nuclear facilities appear like mushrooms after the rain, around the world.

Great Idea...lets let a bunch of Religious fanatics, who talk openly about Bringing the 12th Imam by starting the "war of all wars" where their "holly" mehedi will come after the wolrd is destroyed...at least you would have your pathetic politicly correct blind twisted way of thinking to be proud of.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 24-2-2012 by Sintabon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Starred you. Nice post.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
The problem is IAEA inspectors are not allowed in Irans "hidden" "peaceful" Nuclear facility.

The IAEA aren't allowed into area 51 either. At least according to the deputy commander at Nellis AFB back in 2006. That's who I heard it from.

But that has NOTHING to do with Iran,and the current crisis. You should start a thread on that,instead of deflecting in this one.

I would happily love to hear about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with most of that. However for me ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Iran says they want to wipe Israel from the face of the planet. So what, they are not going to do it.

America, Israel's bitch and body guard, the strong arm of the United Nations, has in fact attacked more countries and participated in more military actions than they even permit their own people to be informed about.

It's difficult for me to blame the underinformed about being unable to make any informed decisions. (no this isn't directed at you rebellender, just commentary on the American public and their inept media)

Having spent more than 44 months in warzones myself it becomes easy to identify which ATSers have not spent one day in a warzone by their comments.

I've got some house cleaning to do for company coming to stay this weekend. I'll be back later.

peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Too many people are making excuses for Iran.

We're sending a message to those who want nukes that they can build em and can also attack Israel through proxy means. They can do all that and nobody will stop them. The best that'll happen are some impotent sanctions. We should instead not allow Iran to run this show.

I don't believe these sanctions are helping at all. Left alone, it would be a total failure. Too many nations take peace for granted. They're not willing to fight. Fortunately, I think there're wiser people in power that'll step in and prevent this from getting worse - and thus reduce the costs of this war.

If the law has no bite then it's useless. That's what's going on right now. Iran is exploiting the situation. They're delaying and using this time to accelerate their nuke program. We need to enforce the law. If we sit back and wait then it'll be too late. Iran is giving us clear signals that it has no intention of reversing.
edit on 24-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Who had nuclear weapons first?

Iran?

America?

Israel?

Who used them first?

The West, or the Middle East?

Who has had them but hasn't used them?

Israel maybe?

there is no win for Israel to use them, but its only my opinion Nukes have guaranteed Israel is a nation today

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The only point I was trying to make there is we cannot and should not wage war and kill people and justify killing people and waging war on them for the same exact things we do.

You can't do that.

We can.

period, and end of converstation. That is what this seems like to me. Media? Don't trust them, honestly, they are lying to us. Propaganda. It's happened before, it will happen again. And Psyops are good at what they do.

Here is an example of psyops. This 15 year old girl is a daughter of a high ranking Kuwaiti royal member. Her story is fake, a lie, not true. These things never happened to her, and this is one thing that helped enrage the western societies and helped get public support for the first gulf war.

Again, this girl never saw what she said she saw, nor is her story real, nor is she who she says she is.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Iran says they want to wipe Israel from the face of the planet. So what, they are not going to do it.

America, Israel's bitch and body guard, the strong arm of the United Nations, has in fact attacked more countries and participated in more military actions than they even permit their own people to be informed about.

It's difficult for me to blame the underinformed about being unable to make any informed decisions. (no this isn't directed at you rebellender, just commentary on the American public and their inept media)

Having spent more than 44 months in warzones myself it becomes easy to identify which ATSers have not spent one day in a warzone by their comments.

I've got some house cleaning to do for company coming to stay this weekend. I'll be back later.

peace.

Oh realy they are not going to do it...not that you realy care... living far away from the area, in europe or the U.S letting Israeli cevilians woman children babys blow up and be appart of your theoretical experiment (whyle it happend to them during the oslo peace proccess and 2000 Isaeli cevilians blew on busses no one seemed to care),...if it does happen you would still be drinking your coolaid..watching tv, they can't afford to.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Good.
Israel hasn't acted against Iran.

So there we have it.

Case closed.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Theres NO win for ANY Nation to use Nuclear Weapons,unless your nation is a Theocratic based one,and Prophecy and scripture dictate your every move.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The bottom line is if Iran and the entire middle east gets into a nuclear arms race confrontation it will be even far worse than war with Iran.Iran seems crazy enough to not realy care.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Good.
Israel hasn't acted against Iran.

So there we have it.

Case closed.

Google search for "Israel bombs Iran" = About 1,750,000 results

Googl e search for "Iran bombs Israel" = About 140,000,000 results, but many of these hits are not actually stories or reports of when Iran actually bombed Israel.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

cannot argue with that a bit.....
I truly hope there is no launch
if there is, what ever higher power one prays to, save us all

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Recently Iran's Supreme leader couldn't keep his yap shut...
english.farsnews.com...

"Wherever Iran interferes, it announces it in a very straightforward manner. For instance, we interfered in confrontations against Israel, which resulted in the (Lebanese) victory in the 33-day war and (Palestinians' victory in) the 22-day (Gaza) war," Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing millions of Friday Prayers worshippers on Tehran University Campus today.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

be very careful where the info on these videos come from.
Some of it has bigger implications than the original ploy
I find the stuff from this guy Ed pretty far fetched with his allegations

Back to Iran
edit on 24-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

The only point I was trying to make there is we cannot and should not wage war and kill people and justify killing people and waging war on them for the same exact things we do.

You can't do that.

We can.

period, and end of converstation.

America is not WAGING war on Iran. If America wanted to wage war with Iran,they would have done it years ago.

America isnt a perfect Country,That I will agree with you on. Our foreign polices,at times,stink,but when a Nation like Iran has Nuclear weapons,the world will be in an even more dangerous place. That is a fact. Iran should not have the Bomb. No country should,but Iran definitely shouldn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

First, you say:

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Let's cut to the chase, your thread is meaningless until you go enlist in the military.

Sending people to die for you is the most cowardly thing someone can do...

Just saying... I'm sick of the chicken hawks...

But then you say:

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Going in the military is stupid IMO. The military wages war for the banksters.

War is the failure of humanity. I refuse to be part of it.

The government thinks you're dumb animals and hate your guts. Test vaccines on you and make you breathe DU. So yeah let's enlist!

If everyone refused to enlist there would be no wars.

Are you routinely in the habit of berating others for "cowardice" for doing what you yourself are scared spitless to do?

At least his opinion carries some weight, per your first quote enshrined above. He has met your own criteria. Yours, on the other hand, does not, per your second quote posted above. You have failed to meet your own criteria.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

First you say Actions speak louder than words. Then you post links to Google Searches.
Meanwhile Israel still has not attacked Iran.

I hope your weekend plans go well

PEACE

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
Lets cut to the chase, Iran is zero threat to the US. They're as much of a threat as Iraq was, none.

That's a pretty shortsighted argument. I can remember when Afghanistan was "no threat to the United States." Except for England, one could use that argument about...get ready for it...every country with whom we've ever been at odds.

I still don't like Iran...but we can't hold other countries back just because it's in our interests. Not even for safety. If/when they acquire nuclear technology, and if/when they use a nuclear weapon against us...THEN we can feel free to bomb them completely out of existence. That, I won't have a problem with at all.

They're just doing what we did 70 years (or whatever) ago. Yeah, they're lunatics...but their lunacy does not justify our government clearly overstepping its authority, period.

I just don't believe in "preemptive strikes." To me, that's terrorism.

Oh, and by the way...Iraq shot at us first. That wasn't a preemptive deal, macaronicaesar. Stop listening to the media talking points, and start listening to those of us who were shot at, by Iraqis, while in Kuwait.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The USA is more of a threat, they have used 2 nukes already.
Also why can the USA have nukes but other nations can not?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join