It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by seabag
Iran openly and continuously proclaims its intentions to annihilate the Jews yet people still deny this truth:

Forgive me for playing "devils advocate" here, or the opposite of that depending upon your personal opinion making processes, but....

Israel openly and covertly continuously proclaims its intentions to convert, manipulate, and/or control the inhabitants of Earth yet people still deny this truth.

Be back later.

LOL!!!!...does it get any shallower or embarrassingly Idiotic as this comment here?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by VerityPhantom
Well if you want Iran stopped so bad go enlist and take em' out yourself! I've said it once and I'll say it again. I won't pick up arms unless they're flooding over our borders, I want to war with NO country unless necessary.

Admirable in a naive sort of way..

Your arms won't be able to stop an inbound ballistic missile...
A civilian naval vessel loaded down with explosive / nukes entering San Francisco bay..
A brief case that, when exposed to a rad detector, would sound like the beepers of a crack dealer reunion.

I get what your saying, but there comes a time where we have to say what you are building in your backyard, which can be snuck into our backyard, is very much our business.

Some times conventional wisdom doesn't work as intended.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Fearmonger much? If the IAEA inspectors didn't think it was worth looking for anything seeing how all they did was ask questions. So why is Israel still pushing they are trying to build the bomb?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Fearmonger much? If the IAEA inspectors didn't think it was worth looking for anything seeing how all they did was ask questions. So why is Israel still pushing they are trying to build the bomb?

The problem is IAEA inspectors are not allowed in Irans "hidden" "peaceful" Nuclear facility.
They signed the NPT. WHY have a hidden facility ?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
America is an empire like any other empire they look to get what they want by any means necessary but the only difference here is america is promoted as the force or good and spreading democracy when it isn't even and democracy itself.How many countries has the USA invaded since WW2? 66 countries have been bombed or invaded.How many have died? I am betting quite a bit since Iraq alone was a million.
American only picks on defenseless countries.Like George Carlin said when is the last time they attacked a white country just Germany.So if you are living in a brown country look the hell out.
Libya gave up its nuke program and Qaddafi became a punching bag for the USA.India and Pakistan are pretty much on the same line as Iran and they have nukes.It is also the reason they dont touch North Korea because of nukes. With Iran being squeezed and surrounded and being sanctioned as well they are playing it smart with what they have. They are trying to goad Iran into a first strike so they dont have to deal with China and Russia. It is going to be quite the chess match because we all know America wants all the oil and to dominate the whole region. This is what all empires do take and take until one day they are can no longer do it and then someone takes them..History repeating itself over and over again. Then there are those with no allegiance to any country and are just playing the game to get a profit and play both sides

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Both sides are too arrogant to see they are not behaving in a way that will prevent future wars. Both sides are wrong on all matters.

First let's take Iran. There is much concern with the current administration because the leader is an individual who sees the Muslim world as a victim in this world. He most likely feels like he was sent from God to help the Muslim people fight against Israel and its allies. In his eyes, the west is after him and all his people. They want him to bow down, if you will.

This will compel him to push back when Israel and its allies try to impose their will on him and his country. This may be the reason why he feels he needs to act tough in the eyes of the world. Personally, I don't blame him. If my country was constantly being tampered with by other nations I would want to push back as well. He seen how North Korea became untouchable after they attained a nuke and now he may want to go the same direction.

Now the US and its allies. You can't argue that America hasn't had its hands on many nations. There is lots of evidence of that. If I was a Muslim I would feel that America and Israel are after all Muslims due to the countries they attack. ie. Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran (toppling of the regime), Libya, and etc. This is disguised as peace missions when many know that they aren't after peace.

America has the CIA operating in many countries, Iran included. The US tries to impose their will and the will of the UN and NATO on countries that want no part of that alliance. If you don't comply then there are ways of dealing with you and your country.

Deceiving the people to rise up. If you are a banana republic then they will put false ads against bananas and topple your country. Assassinations. Wars. All these are tools that are running in the background to nations that oppose the industrialized world.

I am not defending Iran, at all. I think they should allow the nuclear inspectors to do their jobs, but I am not a fan of what the US is doing either. They allow Israel to be the dominant power in that region and Iran does not want them to hold all that power.

I think the leaders should jump in the cage and duke it out. God knows it won't be their children going off and fighting a war that could have easily been averted.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
reply to post by seabag

That regime, doesn't need nukes period.

Neither do Republicans, Democrats, Christians, or Jews.

But apparently....

GOD = Government Of Dollars.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
America is an empire like any other empire they look to get what they want by any means necessary but the only difference here is america is promoted as the force or good and spreading democracy when it isn't even and democracy itself.

Let me say first off your post deserves more stars.

No, America is not free, nor is it a democracy in the traditional sense of the word.

Lawmakers make laws.

LOGIC = Lawmakers make laws.
No, they are not required learning in schools.
Lawmakers make laws.
No, no child born today is going to live long enough to learn the number of mandatory expectations they must comply with and conform to.
Lawmakers make laws.
No, if we locked all the lawmakers up and did not let them out until they wrote down all the existing laws word for word they would not live long enough to complete the task.
Lawmakers make laws.
No, you do not know the number of existing laws.
Not even the internet or Google knows the number of laws that exist.
Lawmakers make laws.

And if you don't like it they will come to your town or city and bomb the crap out of it so you too can have this glorious thing called Freedom!!!!

USA!!!! USA!!! USA!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
reply to post by seabag

That regime, doesn't need nukes period.

Neither do Republicans, Democrats, Christians, or Jews.

But apparently....

GOD = Government Of Dollars.

Fine have it your way one each 5.56 or 7.62 nato round at a time and take 12 yrs to do it. Can we put your name on the new Bill? or just sign it GOD

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
WHY have a hidden facility ?

How many does America have? How many secret facilities did America have before Iran had even one?

edit on 24-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag I just have one question for you: Assuming Iran DID develop a nuclear weapon, what makes you think they'd be suicidal enough to use it on Israel? Don't you think they are smart enough to at least realize they'd be nuked into oblivion in a matter of hours?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sintabon3

LOL!!!!...does it get any shallower or embarrassingly Idiotic as this comment here?

Who had nuclear weapons first?

Iran?

America?

Israel?

Who used them first?

The West, or the Middle East?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Fine have it your way one each 5.56 or 7.62 nato round at a time and take 12 yrs to do it. Can we put your name on the new Bill? or just sign it GOD

Can you elaborate as to what you are talking about? I don't follow.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

It doesnt matter, who had what first.
Issue is Iran and the times.
ADDED CONTENT:
This No Nuke push. I hate nukes idealism.
Look at what it did for India and Pakistan
Dont like Nukes, then have a war that lasts generations!!!

The issue here is the world perception that Iran wants to remove Israel from the Map...I dont like Zionism all the way back to Moses but I cant go to war with Christians and Jews over it.

Key Words here are: World Perception, Iran, Genocide
edit on 24-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

WHY have a hidden facility ?

How many does America have? How many secret facilities did America have before Iran had even one?

edit on 24-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

Dont know off hand.....

Personally,I dont want ANY Country having Nuclear weapons. There is No excuse for ANY nation to try and produce them.

Also,it was a different time and place,when America and the Soviet Union were building up to MAD. Guess some countries want to be part of the club,even now. Thats sad.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Israel openly and covertly continuously proclaims its intentions to convert, manipulate, and/or control the inhabitants of Earth yet people still deny this truth.

Be back later.

Would that STILL make it right for Iran to do the same ?

Two wrongs dont make a right..........Least thats what I have heard all my life.......

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You should read the latest IAEA press releases before trying to drag Israel into this. Or is this going to be one of those when the UN / IAEA / NPT supports Iran they are fine, and when the UN / IAEA / NPT finds non compliance its nothing but western propaganda because the UN / IAEA / NPT is run by Mossad / CIA? The reason I ask is because the non factual excuse is used for Hamas / Hezbullah, so in order to not attract attention for using the same tired excuse for multiple issues, you might want to find a new angle.

The IAEA left Iran because Iranian official's stonewalled them. They did not resolve any issues / address them like they said they would do.

They again blocked IAEA inspectors from one of their military facilities declared to the IAEA as being part of their program.

Questions remain: Iran blocks nuclear experts from key site - The UN nuclear watchdog agency left after two days of talks failed despite 'intensive efforts.' It will report on Iran's program in days.

Key questions about Iran's nuclear program remain unresolved despite two days of talks with UN experts in Tehran about possible weapons efforts.

Requests by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to visit a military base at Parchin were denied, and the team failed to agree on framework to resolve questions about Iran's alleged nuclear weapons-related work.

"It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin during the first or second meetings," IAEA Director-General Yukiya Amano said. "We engaged in a constructive spirit, but no agreement was reached."

As rhetoric has soared about possible Israeli or American military strikes against Iran – and biting sanctions have targeted Iran's oil exports and central bank – the IAEA issued an uncharacteristically blunt statement, presaging the likely tone of its next quarterly report on Iran, which is due within days.

People need to stop trying to shift he conversation away from Iran to Israel. As has been stated time and time and time and time again, Iran is more than welcome to withdraw from the IAEA / NPT and go the route Israel did.

Absent that Israel is not a signatory and therefore not obligated to the treaties. North Korea withdrew from the UN bodies as well to push their nuclear program forward.

No amount of whining about Israel is going to fix the issue in Iran.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

So the fact that America developed nuclear weapons and introduced them to the world has absolutely no connection with the present times and the amount of countries America has either toppled or helped topple in the past 10 years?

People who ignore history haven't learned anything from it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The problem is IAEA inspectors are not allowed in Irans "hidden" "peaceful" Nuclear facility.

The IAEA aren't allowed into area 51 either. At least according to the deputy commander at Nellis AFB back in 2006. That's who I heard it from.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Who had nuclear weapons first?

Iran?

America?

Israel?

Who used them first?

The West, or the Middle East?

Who has had them but hasn't used them?

Israel maybe?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

So the fact that America developed nuclear weapons and introduced them to the world has absolutely no connection with the present times and the amount of countries America has either toppled or helped topple in the past 10 years?

People who ignore history haven't learned anything from it.

WOW really!!!

Japan and Germany had nothing to do with the creation of Nuclear Weapons
Has nothing to do with the peace between India and Pakistan
Has nothing to do with the Peace between USA and Communist Russia

Tell me all about US Military ventures some other day this is about Iran and the continued threat to remove a Race of people from the planet

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join