It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by METACOMET

Stop please your killing me, LMAO...you would not pass phycological exam for the Marine's...if drafted you'd be cut in boot camp and discharged with a prescription of Paxil...dont worry "metro sexual's need not apply"...

No it will be grunts like me that do the fighting, like real men have done for thousands of years...the hunters, the providers and the protectors...

So again do not fear METACOMET, no gun will be pointed at your head, you will still be able to live your life the way you want, after all there is an easy solution to your dilemma... --> TURN OFF THE TV AND DISCONNECT THE INTERNET...goto outside and enjoy life, your problem solved...

Assumptions are often incorrect and yours is no exception. Perhaps the difference in our approach is that I'm using logic and you, emotions. I have researched the subject to find my own truth, compiled a list of facts and then through logic and reasoning came to an answer that suits me. Although I do understand that it is much easier to be emotional than logical.

I am peaceably inclined to a certain extent. So you have me there...I cannot fathom an instance when I would willing give myself to the same kind of tyrannical, maniacal machination which our Forefathers specifically warned us against. I would never make a good "grunt" as you say. Because what is a "grunt"? Is a grunt a man at all? Is there any free exercise whatever of judgment or of the moral sense? Is a grunt simply a small movable fort and gun, at the service of some unscrupulous man in power, on a level with wood and earth and stone, a manufactured wooden toy soldier?

No it will be grunts like me that do the fighting, like real men have done for thousands of years...the hunters, the providers and the protectors...

If men were born to be forced, why has every man a conscience, then? Real men fight not with their bodies but with their conscience also. I believe that we constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops. We are men first and subject long afterward; the only obligation is to do at any time what we believe to be right and do our best not to lend ourselves to the wrongs which we condemn.

These armies with their false purpose, independent of the interests of the people, forcing perpetual debts and taxes; these are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. I will not murder at the whims and desires of the elite who are just trying to enforce more efficient control. I will not murder at the whims and desires of the elite who are just trying to enforce more efficient control.

Perhaps if more of our fellow Americans shed the knee jerk, emotional feedback loop for a moment and used reasoning and facts, more of us would come to the logical conclusion and realize this to be true. The aim of this war is not to fullfill romantic ideas like liberating free nations and free men. It's not about keeping you safe from terror. The aim of these wars is to consolidate power;.. and the ultimate goal is a global seat of governance. Tyranny.

I condemn these aggressions because I know where this road leads....and it's not because I'm a "metro sexual".

Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear – kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor – with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it. – General Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Allied Commander, 5 Star General of the U.S. Army

edit on 24-2-2012 by METACOMET because: qt

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only problem I see with this is how.

How do you stop a country from doing what it wants? Sure, you can invade, bomb them to kingdom come if you want - but unless you plan on housing troops in Iran forever - if they want nukes, eventually they are going to get them.

Personally, let the middle east take care of it.

kix

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
no I know, I am getting warned and stuff, and while I am laughing like I haven't in a while I´ll stop. It was absolutely necessary though. This stuff is just insane. Either you "grow a pair" and drone away, or you are anti American.....ridiculous

This entire subject is nonsense. There is no new evidence.

this is all Hearsay and nonsense. I am still not convinced Iran has to be stopped from getting nuclear power. The list I posted originally has more threats than them. under the same logic anyone could produce a nuke.

about that guy, Iran has had many Iraqi´s infiltrate their legal system. look to the ex head of the judiciary system who had to step down. He was a raving lunatic too, Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi

He is also a site owner of Fars news.....you know that one source everyone likes to quote when bashing on Muslims. He is probably on a US payroll for psyops. If you didn't know this, they are the ones who misquoted the Iranian president saying "off the map" and they speak Persian.

edit on 24-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

Agree 100%.

Now let s make an exercise:

Suppose that you have a large territory near a big river, and you have antimissile batteries, guns, long range cannons and dinamite, also you are respected on the city because you are forceful and have tons of money to make things happen your way, on top of that you have lots a allies that like you and are quite powerful by themselves.
You have a big mouth neighbor with small territory, not much money and just one canon that he has produced himself and if used can obliterate 1% of your territory, your weapons can obliterate SEVERAL times the 100% of his territory. He talks that he hates one of your allies, and even if that one is powerful enough to defend itself you:

1) let him brag about and waste resources on that, and do nothing about it and just let him know that if he attacks you or one of your allies, he will be destroyed.
2) Waste you time, resource and money trying to make him stop using the said weapons?
3) Go bankrupt because you are using too much money time and resources, by trying to silence this big mouth?

Even the Russians and China are afraid of the USA on a war because of the nuclear power of the USA war machine... why would not Iran?

Crazy world isn't it?

BTW USA has chosen option 3.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Let Zionists worship their beloved AntiChrist state. They think what they're doing is right, what a dangerous mentality!

edit on 24-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Doing what they think is right in the name of the devil yes

Wonder why Jesus was killed by jews
and now they have took Israel to kill him again when he return

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Also, I don't buy into the story that they only want nuclear power to generate electricity, sure, that might be part of it - but they also want the military nukes as well. I also do not buy into the propaganda that Iran is just a hard come by country being picked on by the states, there are several reasons one should be fearful of a nuclear capable Iran.

End result, things are not so cut and dry....but to me this is mute, we all pretty much know that a war with Iran is almost a certainty.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

End result, things are not so cut and dry....but to me this is mute, we all pretty much know that a war with Iran is almost a certainty.

yeah, but while I am here anyways, I will do my damndest to try and stop it. Victory is not the motivation. Truth is.

I can think of no better way to spend my free time. I work hard and spend any time I can with my loved ones. After that though, I speak the truth as I have come to see it.

I don't need to win, but I do need to try.

edit on 24-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I got a better idea. How about we mind our own business? I know, nobody thought of that.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dude, you are quoting an ex-CIA agent. How are you to even know he is "ex" at all. How are you to know if this whole website you are linking to is meant for the very same propaganda.

Keep in mind, he is the one with the bias and he is the gate keeper of information for you. He is the speaker of Persian translating the words for you and I. Also, the way his quote ends at "jurisprudence" and then he takes it upon himself to continue the sentence with the words kill the Jews and annihilate Israel.

Have you ever been a translator? I have, it's not a matter of so-and-so said XY and Z in Persian (or whatever language), so I just write XY and Z in English (or whatever other language). There are options...yes, options is a very good word. You have any number of ways you could put XY and Z in whole or in part into the target (second) language. Again, until I learn Persian for myself or someone I personally know who is a qualified interpreter or translator can tell me, I am going to see propagandistic rhetoric at face value. Do I think they are friendly with Israel? No...does Israel give them a reason to be? ...also, No.

Also, you show me a picture, but I do not know who has such a banner and in front of what building it is hung. It's totally out of context and meaningless to me. Who hung it, joe schmoe or the Ayatollah himself??? I wasn't there and there is no caption.

Also, wouldn't nuking Jerusalem be almost on par with nuking Mecca, from a religious stand point?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Iran openly and continuously proclaims its intentions to annihilate the Jews yet people still deny this truth:

Just read the words of Alireza Forghani, a former Iranian governor and close ally of the regime.

In the name of Allah Iran must attack Israel...

What say you?
edit on 23-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Let's cut to the chase, your post is misleading.

Iran has its own Jews and they are not trying to annihilate the Jews of the world, they are trying to annihilate Israel.

Big difference.

If the God the Israelis claim to worship is on their side, they should have nothing to worry about. However, if they are using his name in vain to do evil, then he will cause their enemies to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

FYI, their God made this clear to them through all of the Bible's Old Testament. If they don't obey him, they can't stay on his land, that's always been the covenant. They used the Bible and God to claim right to the land after thousands of years so they are going to have to answer to Him if they break his covenant, clearly it's his land and his rules..

I really don't see the problem.

edit on 24-2-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Religion is a sickness. Islam is rabies.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think the original poster of this thread SHOULD STOP IRAN and also take his or her sons and daughters along to the fight. Leave the non sheeple who don't buy into this propaganda alone to live life in peace.

oh and by the way can someone explain to me how Israel is going to be wiped of the map when they have hundreds of nukes. Can someone explain to me how anyone can destroy them, knowing that they have all these nukes. And if Iran had a nuke and used it they wouldn't last long because the rest o the world would use nukes on them Once you take a moment to realize this then panic that WE MUST STOP THEM NOW kinda fades away in to the depths of propaganda that it ooozed up from.

edit on 24-2-2012 by musashi9 because: adding

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Our peaceful attempts?

Are you #ing serious?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Iran openly and continuously proclaims its intentions to annihilate the Jews yet people still deny this truth:

Forgive me for playing "devils advocate" here, or the opposite of that depending upon your personal opinion making processes, but....

Israel openly and covertly continuously proclaims its intentions to convert, manipulate, and/or control the inhabitants of Earth yet people still deny this truth.

Be back later.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by seabag

In my opinion Iran has been stopped. We have them surrounded by 45 military bases. Any offensive move they make against another nation will be stopped before it starts.

On the other hand we do create quite a lot of incentive for Iran to act crazy and feel threatened. Let me ask you this, if you were Iran and the largest military might in the world had been threatening you with destruction for over 30 years, would you want to get a nuke for your country to help ensure your survival and the survival of your country?

Just my thoughts.

Preci9sely. Bush Jr.'s "axis of evil" comment wasn't very helpful in the least. Iran has been goaded TO aquire nukes, that's the sad irony. As to the OP, looks like a bloodthirsty warmongerer to me, using whatever justification to let those bombs fly.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree with you 100%! Iran, needs to be dealt with. That regime, doesn't need nukes period. I feel the same about Pakistan. They don't, need them either. With all the talk coming out of Iran. Not to mention, the history the US has with that Country. Who, in their right minds, Would back a nuclear Iran? For Military or energy purposes. Sure Israel and the US have been doing their fair share of saber rattling too. But I, as a leader, would stand my ground against all the saber rattling/threats. Coming from Iran.Towards Israel and the US.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is a maniac, puppet. Who, well IMHO is a religious freak! Along with all his upper henchmen. Amid escalating sanctions against Iran and constant talk of war, it's helpful to understand who is calling the shots in that country. Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the only man who decides if Iran reaches a deal on its nuclear program. The U.S. is trying to convince him through sanctions and diplomatic pressure. Which, I think, will only escalate the issues there. and lead to war. Which is what Israel and the US obviously want. At this point, I do too. Lets get it over with. I am a vet, from our first invasion of Iraq, with poppa Bush. I know, all to well what its like to go to war. I have two younger brothers in Afghanistan now. So, I know what it's like to worry.

The United States, has been taking alot of heat as of late. What with, the banks and wall street bailouts. While most of us, are barley getting by. And the Conspiracy of 9-11.Which I believe there is one. Also we have alot of people tired of the US being the world police, If you will. I myself am tired of all the things I mentioned.I'm not a supporter of Israel either and all the money we send them. The US needs to stop all of The out of control spending. With a President, That I feel has a lackadaisical attitude towards everything going on in the world. a Government that I feel, has let It's citizens down. BUT! We, still have to deal with the problems at hand. Iran, is one of them. sanctions aren't working , or going over to well. Because, It falls in the money category. Telling other banks and companies not to do business with Iran, Slows the gears of BIG business. Mainly oil. and Iran threatening to close The Strait of Hormuz is not good.

It is the only sea passage to the open ocean for large areas of the petroleum-exporting business. The Persian Gulf, Is one of the world's most strategically important choke points. Around 20% of the world's oil, which is about 35% of seaborne traded oil, passes through there daily. Source . So IMHO we cant have that or a Nuclear Iran. We need to let Israel strike. Do their thing. I think, Israel is perfectly capable of strategic airstrikes. Like they did in 1981 against Iraq's French built, Nuclear facility's. Where they flew over Saudi territory to do so. With F-15 interceptors and F-16 fighter bombers to destroy the Osirak reactor 18 miles south of Baghdad. The fighter pilots barley has enough fuel to get there and back home. So, they fueled up to the max.Lucky to get their F-15's and F- 16's off the ground for flight. They jettisoned their wing tanks over Saudi territory, as well. So I know they can attack with out to much trouble. especially, if Saudi cooperates with the whole plan. I suspect they will.

Having China and Russia on board would be nice. I think IMHO Russia, will be. To a point. China, is another question. But I don't think, China not giving a blessing will change the course that Israel and the US are taking.

S&F
edit on 24-2-2012 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree. Who are the US to tell any other soverign country what they can and can't do.

We need to remember who has used Nukes and who has used them in the past...

It is very hypocritical to say Iran can't have them because they "might" use them when only one country, the so called "world police" are the only country to use them.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VerityPhantom
Well if you want Iran stopped so bad go enlist and take em' out yourself! I've said it once and I'll say it again. I won't pick up arms unless they're flooding over our borders, I want to war with NO country unless necessary.

These idiots rather send their sons and daughters, or enlisters from the ghetto to fight this war. It's all a game of modern warfare to them.

I personally have some family who are registered in the war machine that we call "democratic liberation" and am puzzled that so many people just don't get it. I try to avoid threads like this lately, but this thread is just such a gem that I just can't stay away

I even put aside a few minutes just so I could post this response, as unimportant as it may be.

My fellow ATS members with a head on their shoulders are holding it down pretty damn well, so you may not see me on here until tomorrow. I usually get intoxicated and act like a moron on Fridays when I post on here so I will tip my glass to the good people of the world who see ALL human beings on an even level, and try to stay away from this foolishness and not get any penalties.

All this "we gotta bomb them before they get us" garbage is utterly RETARDED.

Wake up people!

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VerityPhantom
Well if you want Iran stopped so bad go enlist and take em' out yourself! I've said it once and I'll say it again. I won't pick up arms unless they're flooding over our borders, I want to war with NO country unless necessary.

Admirable in a naive sort of way..

Your arms won't be able to stop an inbound ballistic missile...
A civilian naval vessel loaded down with explosive / nukes entering San Francisco bay..
A brief case that, when exposed to a rad detector, would sound like the beepers of a crack dealer reunion.

I get what your saying, but there comes a time where we have to say what you are building in your backyard, which can be snuck into our backyard, is very much our business.

Some times conventional wisdom doesn't work as intended.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Let's cut to the chase ... if anyone is going to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear power, it should be Saudi Arabia. It's not our job to police up every rouge nutter country on the planet. Let Iran's neighbors take care of Iran. The Saudis have the manpower, the money, and they are living right next door.

Nuff' said

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Peaceful Iran ???
You should read this.

"Wherever Iran interferes, it announces it in a very straightforward manner. For instance, we interfered in confrontations against Israel, which resulted in the (Lebanese) victory in the 33-day war and (Palestinians' victory in) the 22-day (Gaza) war," Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing millions of Friday Prayers worshippers on Tehran University Campus today.

"In future too, we will support and help everyone who opposes the Zionist regime," the Leader underscored”

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13387915

The OP of that thread is an Iranian who had no problem with his leaders openly admitting to Iran's military interventions, and that is before we even start mentioning their other proxies and military / terrorist interventions, like Hamas, Islamic Jihad and sleeper cells around the world.

I can't wait for Iran's apologists to explain this.

On the first quote America does the same thing give aid to the native people to help fight hostile invaders. And seeing what the "settlers" have been doing they fall into that category.

Israel also funds terrorist cells so why are they complaining about Iran doing the same thing?

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join