It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Cool story bro. But your perspective has one flaw...

Iran isn't seeking nuclear weapons. The fear and war mongering doesn't help anybody. Already went through this with Iraq, haven't you people learned yet?

www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

But u forgot that those 45 millitary bases are also surrounded..... Who do u think Russia and China will attack first,if "you" attack Iran???

I am not talking about america making a first strike. I am talking about america stopping Iran from making any first strike that would be in motion, with the 45 bases. Quite a different conversation. I actually believe we could drop bombs all over Iran tomorrow (though i don't want that to happen) and Russia and China wouldn't do a thing but condemn it publicly.

The entire world could combine forces and would not be able to come close to the fire power of the USA. So no, Russia and China do little to strike fear into my heart, though obviously, I would like to avoid any war.
edit on 24-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I look for facts just like sherlock holmes-give me the facts that was how I was trained to observe
I

In this case the facts are archaeological-the pharaoh of egypt on a clay tablet talking about the Jews going to israel -leaving egypt as slaves and going to their home israel. remember their were no christians or moslems at that time-there were only chinese in china

check the proof

www.bibleandscience.com...

www.cbn.com...
edit on 24-2-2012 by sedona5602 because: forgot to add

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Oh, now i see! Its because the west "oppresses" Iran that they stone women, beat, rape and murder protesters, openly hang gays in the streets then have their president announce famously to the world that "iran has no gays", and so very much more. Thanks for pointing that out. I know when my boss treats me like crap at work i want to come home and beat my wife. And of course, that would be justified, right?

Jump to conclusions much? Your right I love Iran and I support everything they do because I don't want to go over there and kill them all. [/end sarcasm]

I don't think very highly of Iran. Clearly I don't agree with the way their culture does things. For you to say that me not wanting to kill another 1,000,000,000 people somehow means I support all the crap you listed is simply insane, insulting and a failure of an attempt to deflect the valid argument that Iran is no threat to anybody but themselves.

If you would like to go over to Iran and spread democracy through the barrel of a gun, be my guest. You can get on a plane tomorrow and go to town on them. Just stop trying to force me into it. We enable the Iran government to continue to exist by giving their people someone to blame for their problems. If we were to simply ignore Iran their own people would revolt and your list of grievances would be addressed by the very people you wish to be dead.
edit on 24-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you.
Israel are a bigger threat
Lots of countries have nukes and none have used them....except of course, the US.

I wish people would leave the middle-east to sort out their own issues.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The time has come for Israel to take care of these sick leaders in Iran and prevent the rise of Islamic fundamentalists.

What say you?

I say, then let ISRAEL...(i.e. not the U.S.) take whatever action they want...

As for Iran not getting nukes, they are a sovereign nation, and should be able to pursue whatever defense policy they wish. As for their intentions or rhetoric, who cares? It's like arresting someone for talking about robbing a bank before they actually do anything towards it. When they DO something, then it's a different story, but a preemptive strike against them, for what they MAY do, is creating a VERY slippery slope for International Law. Do you think you should be able to kill anyone who says you don't deserve to live? That's basically what you're saying.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have watched numerous videos of children being indoctrinated by the Islamic faith. Sickening! Teaching the children how the Jews are nothing more than a monkey race trying to take over the world. I know every culture is different as well as religions. But sending your children off to blow up a bunch of Jews doesn’t go well with me.

"Kill The Jews!" Muslim Children Memorize and Recite Antisemitic Messages on Egyptian TV Channel...

Muslim Mickey Mouse Teaches Children to Kill Jews...

Muslim Cleric Teaches Children to Hate Jews...

Also, please correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that Israel didn’t want any help from the U.S. in dealing with the Iran threat. America has its own fair share of $h!t going on in the world, Let Israel deal with Iran.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteroni

if they are not seeking nukes why will they not let the UN nuclear inspectors inspect their"peaceful nuclear program" ...what are you hiding???

what are they afraid the inspectors would find????

debka.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As for their intentions or rhetoric, who cares?

Some people who take Iran for their word.
Unless of course their word means nothing.

but a preemptive strike against them, for what they MAY do, is creating a VERY slippery slope for International Law. Do you think you should be able to kill anyone who says you don't deserve to live? That's basically what you're saying.

Fair enough....

How about this little recent headline?
Iran Warns of Pre-Emptive Action in Nuclear Dispute

LONDON — As tension grew in its nuclear dispute with the West, Iran was reported on Tuesday to have struck an increasingly bellicose tone, warning that it would take pre-emptive action against perceived foes if it felt its national interests were threatened.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Adding link to the discussion.

US Believes Iran is not trying to build a Nuclear weapon

16 Agencies agree....

Quit the fear, look upward to loving your fellow man. Believe it or not you will find we all have so much in common regardless of race, religion or political stance. Calmer heads need to prevail, open communication can solve many problems.

I have been on this site since 2004 as a lurker and joined in 2007 under my other account. Since 2004, I have seen tons of articles claiming that Iran would have a Nuke within 6 month's. So far they do not, that should tell everyone something.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by curedby432
Adding link to the discussion.

US Believes Iran is not trying to build a Nuclear weapon

16 Agencies agree....

Quit the fear, look upward to loving your fellow man. Believe it or not you will find we all have so much in common regardless of race, religion or political stance. Calmer heads need to prevail, open communication can solve many problems.

I have been on this site since 2004 as a lurker and joined in 2007 under my other account. Since 2004, I have seen tons of articles claiming that Iran would have a Nuke within 6 month's. So far they do not, that should tell everyone something.

This doesnt mean anything except that Iran hasnt started to build a weapon yet.

Dont be naive.

And since when do you get your news from the MSM? Thought everything that came out of the MSM was just lies? Except when it goes along with what you think, right?

Laugh.
edit on 24-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

more proof

www.danielpipes.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wonder if every country in the world will produce a nuke in the next ten years. If they can, they will.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Do you think you should be able to kill anyone who says you don't deserve to live? That's basically what you're saying.

If that person/s has a government and billions
of dollars from oil to actually make good
on the threat, and they are making weapons
like nuclear bombs to be able to act on that
threat YES.
Even here in America you can not threaten
to kill people, that is against the law..

How many women have been murdered by
some scum guy that said he was going to do it
the cops did nothing and he did do it, he made
good on his threat and kills her.. Loosing
the life of an innocent is not needed. So your argument
in that stanza is moot Mod.
edit on 24-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What do you call those people that never learn?
That cannot tolerate any argument?

There is something that smells like fundamentalism in these threads.
After all the questions and coutnerarguments they cannot answer in merit, they just lie low for a few days and come out with the SAME thing, the nth time in a few weeks.

And they will be told the same arguments again and will be asked the same questions.

To me they sound like a broken record.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
wah wah wahhh..."stop the zionist war mongoring, lets all live in peace and harmony and be kind to eachother, lets destroy all weopons and just be friends",

give me a break, What fantasy, sheltered world do some of you live in? Have you ever seen that twilight zone episode where aliens come to earth, and say they will destroy the planet unless we all get along and stop fighting?, What happens? I'll tell you, the nations come together and there is peace on earth, for about 5 minutes then the aliens blow the planet up after saying something like "We are looking for warrior races" not some wimpy, pathetic weak species////

Iran is a freaking joke, the last thing they want is a conflict with the US. Their military is overated and hyped up. Their entire military would be destroyed in hours.

Be careful what you wish for. Some of you are so far out there in la-la land on this site its pathetic.
edit on 24-2-2012 by SharpKnife because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by SharpKnife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

I apologize, you are just like Seabag and refuse to do your own research. First off, I CANNOT mishandle classified information. But if you actually did some research into the article you could find the info.

You need to quit being Ignorant and realize you are consumed with FEAR!

If you read my previous posts you can see what I said about the media. They all have their OWN biases, trying to fullfill their own agendas.

It is up to you to discern and research them instead of taking them at face value.

Quit trying to prove your point by trying to discredit me, I can assure you I have more than enough Foreign policy experience to understand what is happening.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
All this hyperbole about the threat of Iran. Iran is obviously no threat to the U.S. However, their independently controlled central bank presents quite a prize for The Network, as did the formerly independent central banks of the nations that went the way of Arab Spring. Israel's defense is to be maintained by Israel, let Mossad deal with the blowback from their insidious provocations & intelligence games.

I care not what happens to Israel or any other nation while there is a war on the southern border of the United States. I care not for the war propaganda & fear-mongering associated with "Arab Spring" while our southern border increasingly retreats, leaving our homeland security wide open to drug cartels, human trafficking, & hordes of undocumented people. As the FED banks launder money for the cartels & the ATF ships them automatic weapons, the ordinary Mexicans & Americans are being injured from all sides.

Wake up & see that there is a reason for the fear-mongering. Iran is half way around the world & poses no threat to anyone but Israel (non-nuclear I might add). While at home this nation collapses economically, socially, & physically. Worrying about things that need not concern you will always distract from the major issues sitting right in front of your eyes.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How about this little recent headline?
Iran Warns of Pre-Emptive Action in Nuclear Dispute

Well obviously that’s a complete fabrication!

I’ve read many times on ATS that Iran is not aggressive and only evil America uses the twisted ‘pre-emptive strike’ tactic.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Double Post...
edit on 24-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join