It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Israel is a small country with big clout .

Iran is an ancient country with a wise clout .

Israel needs peace the most and Iranian regime knows it , uses it .

Iran is not big enough to destroy western nations .

Iran is only a long term proxy .

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
Zionists and war apologists must be erased form the face of the world

Translated: Jews and Jew-lovers must be exterminated.

Sorry. I hate word games.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Blah..Blah..Blah…. It’s all about oil and Bilderbergs.

Iran has threatened no one right? So everything in the OP said by the Iranians is BS? So all the threads pointing out Iran’s intentions are bogus?

I hope you're right but I just don't see how.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Israel should be afraid of getting nuked...by themselves and the americans..
the problem should resolve itself long befor IRAN ever gets a bomb

Israel's Declining Sperm Quality Tied to Depleted Uranium Exposure

With the latest news, Israel may soon lose the need to create and seek out enemies; with a little help from the U.S. they did this to themselves.

www.salem-news.com...
edit on 23-2-2012 by Danbones because: replaced link

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

You seem to be promoting violence by asking for leaders to be "taken care of". This kind of hate should not be tolerated on this site. Moderators should "take care of " you.

Well I don’t think having an opinion about what should happen in another country is promoting any action…after all, I don’t have a direct line to the Pentagon or BiBi’s office.

I appreciate your attempt to appeal to the mods because you disagree with me though!

Reminds me of Obama’s Chicago politics – Don’t debate your political enemies just remove them!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Danbones

Iran has threatened no one right? So everything in the OP said by the Iranians is BS? So all the threads pointing out Iran’s intentions are bogus?

Yes!
It doesn't matter how many times a lie is repeated, it's still a lie.

Have you not noticed how they've been running the exact same story about Iran for more than 5 years now?
Probably not, people's memories are terrible. I mean how do people not realize they've ran the EXACT same story more than monthly about Iran for 5 years?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I do believe sageofmonticello has spoken wisely.

You say we must stop Iran and prevent them from getting nukes & whatever else they may want to do - and I'll agree, insofar as I don't want them to do anything stupid.

But how do we stop them, even if their intent of action is confirmed (and not just desire expressed)? By embroiling ourselves in yet another war, which we can by no means afford due to:
- our existing over-extension (also including elevated troop suicide levels and other related strains),
- our already being trillions of dollars in debt with a teetering economy,
- the seemingly-obvious results as results to fuel prices (affecting us on several levels here at home)
- the obvious-to-me fact that such will almost assuredly not work out for us as well as some of our other endeavors have, given their differences in geography, size, and military capacity,
- their apparent near-alliance with & implied protection from Russia and China?

What of the resultant consequences from the Islamic world itself? If you think the US and Israel are hated targets now, what will the amplification of such action result in, especially after adding on the additional strain to what I've already mentioned above?

Incidentally, could you clarify for me why Russia, China, and the rest of the world don't seem quite so crazed with fear on this matter as we do? Is it perhaps that their perspective outside the US enables them to see our history and its current results with more clear eyes than we do, as well as having a clearer view of the likely consequences of our actions on a global scale?

And despite the statements and blustering from Iran, I have yet to see an accounting for the testimony of the actual intelligence and oversight agencies themselves, as we've discussed elsewhere. Yes, we know Iran (and most of the arab/muslim world in general) hates the political nation of Israel, but that doesn't change the fact that the experts I'm aware of, at least, continue to say Iran as a total political entity IS acting rationally and will likely continue to do so, is mainly seeking deterrent capacity as per North Korea's example if they ARE seeking nukes - which SECDEF, NIEs, IAEA and Israeli intelligence community are not even willing to commit to claiming they are, and is not en existential threat to Israel anyway.

You speak of them thumbing their noses at us, but it seems like every week I see a new news article discussing Iran's renewed calls for talks and inspections, as well as the statement yesterday by Khomeini that Iran is not now and never will pursue nuclear weapons (which to me seems honest as there is no reason he should be under the mistaken impression our politicians - in spite of their intelligence sources - here and in Israel will believe it anyway).

And as mentioned - Iran is encircled by US military assets and allies. If they choose to make the first move, or any noticeable overtures at such, I doubt Russia and China would seem so protective, and Iran likely wouldn't last long against likely responses from Israel and ourselves - if they made ANY nuclear moves, I don't doubt we'd see the sea of glass so many have spoken of in short order, and much less messy on our part than trying to go in à la Iraq/Afghanistan.

Take care, friend.
edit on 2/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

posts like this only add fire to the religious extremists like Israel and Iran., both countries would be in peace if the zealots were elliminated.

Peace in Iran??

When has Iran ever been peaceful?

I guess as an Iranian apologist you want to gloss over Iran’s PEACEFUL history!!

I do not expect those who have chosen evil to understand, but again, if they had any dignity, if they had respect for humanity, then they would not support a regime that stones women to death, a regime that rapes and tortures Iranian boys and girls to suppress their desire for freedom, a regime that chops off hands and feet in punishment for stealing, a regime that lashes Iranians as punishment for not adhering to Islamic rules and savagely attacks anyone opposing it. This is a regime that is at the helm of worldwide terrorism in which many of its officials are wanted either by Interpol or courts around the world for terrorist acts and assassinations.

OP

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's mindsets like yours, that quite honestly....scare me. As long as you have a long enough stick to hit, beat down those you fear....you are all for the first strike stance.

What if you didn't have that long stick of 1,000s of faceless Troops. What if you had to use your own hands to strike out. Would you feel the same?

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Blah..Blah..Blah…. It’s all about oil and Bilderbergs.

Seabag
your starting to get it!
yay!
edit on 23-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your basis for promoting killing is pointless, what is there to debate? The only debate I see is over the morality of inciting violence on a website. It is a debate I cannot lose.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Peace in Iran??

Is there war in Iran? No? Then shut up!

When has Iran ever been peaceful?

I guess as an Iranian apologist you want to gloss over Iran’s PEACEFUL history!!

When did Iran start a war in the, lets say, last 200 years? You don't know? None? Then shut up!

Members actively calling for war and violence should be banned.
edit on 23-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Dear sageofmonticello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate your opinion, now I just have to make sure I understand it. I want to take extra time with this because what I think you mean is a little disturbing.

It seems you are saying that whether or not Iran gives up trying to get nuclear weapons, the US will attack. And that knowing the US will attack, the only reasonable thing they can do is to get a nuclear weapon of their own. (So that they could do what? Bomb D.C.?)

The only sure way to make Iran want to use a nuclear weapon would be to invade them.
You know, that makes a massive bombing run look more attractive to some. There would be no messy, time-consuming invasion, just a lot of holes where the country used to be.

I'm certain I must be misunderstanding you in two or three places, though. So let me know where I've gone wrong.

With respect,
Charles1952

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country’s religious leadership

www.newyorker.com...

how dare they defend them selves from the glue sniffers

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I do not expect those who have chosen evil to understand, but again, if they had any dignity, if they had respect for humanity, then they would not support a regime that stones women to death, a regime that rapes and tortures Iranian boys and girls to suppress their desire for freedom, a regime that chops off hands and feet in punishment for stealing, a regime that lashes Iranians as punishment for not adhering to Islamic rules and savagely attacks anyone opposing it. This is a regime that is at the helm of worldwide terrorism in which many of its officials are wanted either by Interpol or courts around the world for terrorist acts and assassinations.

*sigh*

I don't like having to bring it up, much less even think about it, but to say playing the peacemaker on the Iran situation is having "chosen evil" falls flat in my opinion, unless one completely wants to disregard our own foibles and only see the US through rose-coloured glasses:

- why do we support a regime that tasers or beats people to death, and routinely covers up or papers over events to protect the guilty?
- a regime that has raped and tortured Iraqis, Afghanis, and sent various others to other shadowy places for even worse treatment to achieve our ends?
- a regime that has been more or less directly responsible for the deaths of up to or over two million civilians since 1990, mainly just in Iraq (as a result of direct hostilities, the indirect results of such, our following sanctions, and then another war and occupation afterwards)? I mean, seriously...estimates of at least 500K dead CHILDREN alone after the first Gulf War?
- a regime with the highest incarceration rate in the world, extremely unbalanced justice depending on station or income, and a "corrections" system that BREEDS killers and criminals instead of correcting much of anything?
- a regime that routinely participates in assassination, and is now according to its own laws willing to indefinitely detain or assassinate its own citizens, spy on them, track them, frame them, and manipulate its media to influence public opinion to achieve its own ends - as I believe it is doing in this matter just as it did with Iraq?

I could probably keep doing this for awhile as our own sins are piled up to heaven, but I really don't want to. I will not excuse Iran's faults, nor try to justify them - but I will say what you are promoting will result likely not in what you seek, but more atrocity for all, more heartbreak for all, other more direct undesired consequences - and as Christ taught, before we try to remove the specks from another's eye, we should remove the planks from our own so we can see clearly.

Grace & peace.
edit on 2/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fact is this that we do not have any proof that Iran has any nukes, the ability to create one or are actively striving for that goal.

If we took it upon ourselves to preemptively act against Iran without clear proof, we take the chance of invading a sovereign nation and killing innocent people for absolutely no reason at all, other than our own arrogant fear.

That opens the door for others to do the same against us. I know that we have a larger military, but that does not matter. What precedent are we setting for other nations since we are supposed to be the "defender of freedom" across the globe, yet if we act against Iran we no longer have a moral high-ground to stand on?

So I say we need to mind our own business, keep our arrogant noses out of the affairs of others and quite shaking in our boots like a bunch of scared sissy's! If we don't....we are bound to act out irrationally and there is a huge possibility that we could be wrong about Iran.

I'd hate to kill another million people, and be wrong.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Anyone still claiming Iran is a peaceful nation is either ignorant or dishonest IMO.

how many wars have iran been in the past 20 years?
how many wars have america been in the past 20 years?
look what happened when good ol' uncle sam invaded iraq. weapons of mass destruction?
dont think so. civillian casualties in the thousands...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Peres has told officials that the recent threats by Israel are unnecessary warmongering

www.haaretz.com...

I think that says it all. Time to close this thread.

edit on 23-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Obviously the OP cares more about Israel than the US. Iran is NO THREAT to the United States. I don't care what happens between Israel and Iran. Isarel has 300 nukes and can take care of itself. Isarel has also been caught on numerous occasions creating false flag terror and spying on its own allies so please, spare me the "iran must be stopped" propaganda.
edit on 23-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Let's cut to the chase, your thread is meaningless until you go enlist in the military.

Sending people to die for you is the most cowardly thing someone can do...

Just saying... I'm sick of the chicken hawks...
edit on 23-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join