It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Why are you concerned about Israel! What is it in YOU that makes you so loyal to another country?

And more then that. Iran has no nuke, isn't making one, period.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Don't lump true vets in with the likes of those guys. Chances are either they were either a POG or wannabes that have no clue what bullets and bombs do to human flesh. Those of us that really do are not so quick to advocate the vanquishing of yet more innocent civilians. Did you know that in the first year of the Iraqi occupation, there were over 100 000 Iraqis killed, but only 76 Americans. Seems kinda disproportionate doesn't it? Anyone who as been on the ground where the metal meets the meat repeatedly rarely spout crap like this. You know who the most pro-military guy I know is? Some guy that has changed tires for a living since he was 12 years old, yet has a picture of (*gasp*) a soldier with their face covered up on his Facebook profile and has all these military quotes scribbled in there. Presumably he wants people to think that soldier is him, but I digress. The most hardcore military fanboys have little to no military experience to back up their claims. That is why they are so quick to advocate this disgusting double standard that plagues the world now. We are not nearly as brainwashed as you think on the enlisted side, but on the officer side, different story altogether.
edit on 24/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rekkie

You wouldn't know about it. You don't know that there is an easy antidote for that tear gas! No one would of ever thought about it!

I don"t speak for the South African 32nd Battalion.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Probably because someone paid him to be. Why else would someone not even consider that the fairy tale version of events might not be true. I constantly doubt myself and have no problem making it known that I am far from infallible. But this guy reeks of fish, if you catch my drift. Hint: I smell a paid troll, or just someone who enjoys deceiving people, either way, not good.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I most certainly think Iran is after nukes! I think the possibility of one getting snuck into Israel is real! I simply ask what can be done with Russia by Irans side? You can bomb all day but you cannot occupy! They will just dig deeper and Irans nuclear ambitions will be realized in a state of war! Besides the possibility of open war with Russia and the very real possibility of war upon our shores what can be done?

Please, dont think Russia would cower when it comes to their security. The warning is clear and has already sparked a military buildup there! If Russia ends up on the losing end of an open war, China is obligated and this is not fairy tale but the way it very clearly is! America cannot weather a war like that, and cannot risk it!

Dont think Russia stands with Iran? It is the only reason we are not on the ground right now!
www.israelnationalnews.com...

edit on 24-2-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So....as you put it....these countries want to risk all-out nuclear war and possibly an extinction-scale event to destroy little old Israel? I hate to break it to you, but nobody is that stupid. Nobody would risk the destruction of their own country to destroy a little hemorrhoid on our global bunghole like Israel. I don't care how bad they want it. They have to realise that the money is on the side of Israel and money is the only thing that will decide the outcome of a large conflict. Let's face it, those thousands of nuclear warheads that they never really admitted to having had to have been pretty expensive eh? Now imagine all of the money that Iran had to put in to their program just to get their foot in the door as Israel was up to no good the whole time, assassinating scientists and blowing up reactors that were never that efficient in the first place. Just look at all the bottlenecks put in place against Iran, one of the few nations that owns its own currency, while the rest of the superpowers were allowed to do as they please. It's sickening, really. I can't believe you actually think Iran is a threat to you. They may be a threat to Israel, but only because that's the bed that Israel made, yet refuses to sleep in. And anyways, as far as I'm concerned, Israel deserves whatever backlash they receive for the disgusting crimes that the leadership have committed. I really feel sorry for Israeli citizens that can't even escape though. If you think Israel is all hunkydorie, than I dare you to ask an actual Israeli what they think of their leadership. They probably won't tell you out of fear of reprisal.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think it sucks iran is playing this game with us right now they are acting shady but then saying THE WESTERN POWERS ARE ACUSING US OF MAKING NUKES f that noise they need a reality check let israel slap the taste oout of there mouth and then do the big brother thing tell china and russia well i dont know what to say there but you know

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

All the more reason to leave well enough alone, as far as I'm concerned. People just jump to thinking that Iranians are evil and were always evil and B is just B, without realising that you can't get to B without going through A first. People don't even care what caused this wave of anti-americanism, just that it exists. They don't look at the fact that that the States propped up the nastiest of dictatorships (the Shah), and then overthrew him when he grew tired of the west's crap, replacing him with yet another scumbag, with the support of Israel, of course. And we wonder why they might dislike us just a little bit. If someone constantly jammed their thumb up my bung while I was trying to go about my business, I'd be pretty ticked off too. Wouldn't you?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Why are you concerned about Israel! What is it in YOU that makes you so loyal to another country?

And more then that. Iran has no nuke, isn't making one, period.

i believe it is all about the persecution of the jews with most people. i'm horrified when i see those starving bodies just piled up. there were proud persecuters, proud of the things they were doing so the blame seemed so obvious. the allies lead the people into believing the nazis were completely and totally defeated... yet many nazi concepts survive very much to this day and we've got nazi's within our own government.

no good hearted person would conceive of letting that persecution continue, so they want to make amends and thereby stand up for the state of israel... but as you can see, Israel is doing real jews much more harm than good. this was never to make up for what happened to them, obviously.... but it sure can be a convincing tactic.

taking advantage of the conscience of people who just want what's right and to solve the problem.

they played a hell of a card when they persecuted the jews that way.
Hitler is this century's satan and if you really want to demonize someone, associate them with a nazi whether there is anything to substantiate it or not. Some people can be very closely tied in with nazi's whereas some things are just so completely ridiculous and confusing it isn't funny.

example??.... people keep trying to associate aliens with nazis... on the history channel, on the internet. Of course there is no shred of proof... and then they present us with a mural in one of the busiest places... the murals in the colorado airport that look like a zeta reticullan in a nazi uniform.

Oh.

Ok.

had no idea those were aliens flying those nazi planes.

Th psychological warmongers love playing that card... because it held over so well for decades.

it doesn't matter who doesn't like war, ww2 is one that most people won't argue with. most agree we were fighting a "real evil"... yet i don't think we fully understand the depth of evil. we just think hitler must have been a madman, well sure he was but he certainly didn't do this alone.

it's the new satan and the persecuted people decade after decade that pulls at the heart strings.

putting a stop to it was right, but we need to understand it for what it is just a little better.

oh, how proud they are of this tactic. It's like their ace... it works.

...but it can't work forever. too many people beginning to realize things.
edit on 24-2-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by seabag

It's mindsets like yours, that quite honestly....scare me. As long as you have a long enough stick to hit, beat down those you fear....you are all for the first strike stance.

What if you didn't have that long stick of 1,000s of faceless Troops. What if you had to use your own hands to strike out. Would you feel the same?

Des

This, this here sums up the OP and his mindset clearly.

We call them chickenhawks Des, they love to loudly beat the drum, but no, you won't dare find them on the frontlines.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They aren't playing by the rules, because they come straight out of the oppressor's handbook (from their perspective) They see that the game is rigged and they are not very happy about it. Think about it. How would you feel if your country was constantly kept under the jackboot, and you had to play by someone else's ridiculous and hypocritical rules just because they said so. You'd be pretty ticked off too. As a matter of fact, you'd probably flip out. Try to see it from the eyes of the people. Let's face it, people who are attracted to positions of power are usually mediocre at best. I'm sure even you can agree with that, however, wars usually do not really affect the lives of the leaders, but it is the populace that bears the brunt of the hate that we were told was intended for their leadership, cause he's so evil right
.So evil that we've gotta rain frag down on babies and women just to show them who's boss.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

edit on 24-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I really don't care how the dialogue is playing out and who is buddying up with who. I only care about the innocent who are going to be killed as a result of our need to control everything. I could care less if Russia wants to back up Iran other than if that means that someone is gonna come and put me out of my misery, than hell yeah, I'm all for it. Other than that, I don't really care. Sadly enough I care more about what happens to them over there than what happens to me here. Isn't that sad? But I digress....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Sounds like something some sly silo bravo with an agenda would say lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

"The leaders of Iran continue to spew propaganda to the people of Iran and anyone who will listen."

I disagree with you for one reason- just because crazy leaders say things doesn't mean the everyday people who hear that crap necessarily believe in it. And what's more- does that make them viable targets for our UAV's? no

has it occurred to you that it's likely *regular* Iranians don't give a hoot about what's going on in Israel, and that they have their own problems to worry about? kinda like here? kinda like everywhere? just because there are crazy people in their country that want to rattle a sabre (who's done that lately in the US?) doesn't mean civilians that have no connection with said rhetoric deserve to die for that reason.

leaders will always try to shift the blame to someone other than themselves- anyone watch the debate Wednesday night? just one example.

is it that surprising that Iranian politicians tend to blame others? the way politicians in our own country blame others for our situation?

*think*

edit on 24/2/2012 by WellMaybe2007 because: forgot to add that even tho Iranian "leaders" say these things- is it worth killing *civilians*? no

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And again with you putting words in my mouth. I basically spelled out my life story for you (against my better judgement) which absolutely confirms that I have no interest in any more bloodshed whatsoever and you still go back to the whole "But you said they should have em right? So that means that you're a baaaaad baaaaad maaaan." Grow the hell up. Seriously. I grow tired of your games. You keep trying to pull this highschool-grade bullsh t on me and you wonder why I think you're a joke? You're pathetic. To spell it out for you again: I in no way advocate the proliferation or useage of tactical nuclear weapons, but doubly so reject any legislation, mandates, or declarations of intent that would lead to their useage, especially when, in all likelihood, they only want nukes because they are a small country who feels threatened by the West. Like I said, you can tell the same lie a thousand times, but it never gets any more true. Somehow I get the feeling that you didn't receive that memo......hmmmm.....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Someday war will visit our shores, but we do not have to chase after it! America seems more like a Fascist state than a free democracy to me and that is a greater threat than Hitler ever posed!

When we pick the wrong fight which would be Russia and out of obligation to Russia China, then we are done just as Hitler was done! Iran will have her nukes. We can bomb all day but they will just dig deeper and try harder. We cannot occupy Iran! If we could we would already be on the ground!

Iran should not realize her nuclear ambitions in a state of war!

Don’t think Russia stands with Iran?
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Russia has already begun a military buildup!

Could you imagine waking in a war zone or seeing America fall? We must pick our fights carefully, and make sure our friends do the same!

We have an obligation to safe guard those 15 million in Israel, but we have a greater obligation to safe guard the 300 million we have at home!
edit on 24-2-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why is this banner in English if its in Iran? I don't get that.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Am I anywhere in this heated argument? Am I just being ignored?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I've been thinking the same thing. Funny you should point that out. Almost like someone wanted us to see it....funny how that works out eh? All you have to do is print out a banner and pay a whole bunch of people to put it up and stand around and look like they're doing something meaningful and presto chango! Instant false legitimacy for the Imperialists. I've seen similar things happen during the OWS protests, where other groups (presumably paid) come out to make it look like they're part of the movement but are only there to discredit it. It's quite brilliant actually. But not brilliant enough that a few of us wouldn't catch on to it. Too bad it is a very insignificant few.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join