It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut to the Chase - Iran Must Be Stopped

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you want war, grab a gun and go make some war.

As for me? I won't. I refuse to support or play an active role in taking another person's life, regardless of whether or not they're "evil."

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'm not too sure, but I do know that there's a reason why they are called Jarheads and it's not because of the shape of their high and tight haircut lol. Once you get out of the Marines, I hear they give you your brains back. But not all of it, no you can't have fully functional killers walking the streets, now can ya.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Where did you get that picture from? Kebab house maybe?

Where did you get your speech from? Fabricated maybe?

I have just one question..

What has Iran ever done to anybody on this site? We on ATS are international so... What has Iran ever done to you?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by seabag

I hate to break it to you, but you suffer from the same problems that you claim that everyone that disagrees with you has. The plain truth is this: Nothing posted on this site is 100% verifiable unless you have either alot of AeroPlan miles or millions of dollars tucked away somewhere. Get used to it. You're just scared to death that you might be wrong, I bet, eh Pogey?

There's something to be said about occasionally putting yourself through an intensely terrifying experience. I won't get into all the details but afterward i decided that if a person does not see something with their own eyes, how can they warrant anyone including themselves or others.... to take a life based on things so unverified? What exactly is unsubstantiated proof in the eyes of the CIA?

How can all this war be substantiated. I feel for the people with blood on their hands because that is their soul right there. Killing a part of yourself for some other man's reason you can't fully be certain of.

If you have to stop a murderer in the process of killing someone, you have upheld the standard that killing is bad. within yourself, within your society.... you have stopped a murderer within.

You kill innocent people and you kill innocence within yourself, within your society.

Your actions uphold your beliefs and when you blindly kill because you are simply told to by another man and you have not seen the reason with your own eyes, that is what you are constructing yourself and all of society to be and if someone turns the table on you, where is the justice that will save you?

Destroyed, right alongside innocence and integrity within one's own self.

An unjust parasitic slave system of blind murderers is what is left.

link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

While you're at it, please explain just how my son has any choice in being dragged into what many people believe would be WWIII.

Back in the day they would call
those cowards draft dodgers..

Choice, fight for your country that your family lives in,
or be a pathetic little worm and go hide in Canada..

WW3, Like russia and china is going to give
up all their money and power over Iran...
HAHAHA They are milking Iran for the oil.
There will be no ww3 just a non-nuclear Iran.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Only one thing is certain and that is that Iran will use them if pushed! They already have a bomb! You dont run refineries that size for years on end without any result!

Israel even admits it!
www.reuters.com...

It is Iran we are talking about and I would put money on a bomb already beeing deployed in Israel and maybe even America. Its not like we would know with our wide open borders.

There is only one reason why we are not in Iran right now.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Israel can attack but they cannot occupy, and a Nuclear Iran is still going to be a reality. It will take a fight with a super power to stop it! Is the possibility of war upon our shores worth it?
edit on 23-2-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by zatara

The most imporatnt thing for "us" to do is not to lose our heads.

Is taking action 'losing our heads' in your opinion? 

It would be nice if some ninja turtle seal team could bring Iran back to their nuclear square one overnight. But then it will be a matter of time before everything will be as it is now.

I believe we've been working on that for a decade...it has only slowed Iran down.  

A permanent solution must come from within Iran. From what I understand there is a majority of people who recognise the absurdity of what the Iranian leaders do and want. This majority want peace, stabillity and an other day to look forward to.

That would be terrific and I think you're right. I believe Obama should have helped these people when they asked. However, we are near the point of no return. No country that has acquired nuclear weapons has ever abandoned them. Iran surely won't be the first. 

Thanks for the reply. 
edit on 23-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

I am glad to see that so many people appreciated my reply on your OP.

To answer your first question...., everybody should keep his head on his shoulders in this matter, action or no action.

Your second remark is a little more difficult to reply on....You said, "it has only slowed Iran down". Is it not what I said..?

Your thurd,... yes we are both right.

edit on 23/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

It seems strange to me that the ones who cry for war with Iran the loudest in this thread tend to have very militant looking avatars and quotes from military figures...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by sonnny1

Only one thing is certain and that is that Iran will use them if pushed! They already have a bomb! You dont run refineries that size for years on end without any result!

Israel even admits it!
www.reuters.com...

Until the world knows for certain,its still up in the air.
I dont know if Iran will use them,but being a Theocratic based Government,it would be hard not to see them mix prophecy,with divine right,and not use them. For those who say they should have them,they are just plain crazy.
No country should have Nuclear bombs............

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I honestly don't care whether or not Iran has nukes. See, that's the problem with people like you, they're either with you or against you. You paint me like I want WWIII to happen, but you couldn't be farther from the truth. If you really have the experience that you claim to have, than why are you so quick to send someone's son or daughter off to an even worse experience than yours. Cause that's their duty? That's bullsh t and you know it. Maybe you can't admit it, or maybe you actually believe what you say, it doesn't matter. What does matter is human life, and if we stopped threatening them, there would be no problem. My stance is do what thou wilt. Live and let live. If you can't do that, than I feel sorry for you man. Also, your narrative has POG written all over it. Don't think I didn't notice it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

M.A.D is the best deterant ever! Do you know what that means? There is no stopping Iran with Russia by her side and it is that simple. America will not risk open war with Russia, period! Israel may well attack, but it will not deter them and will just set the stage for the use of their nukes!

You seek the destruction of Israel my man! Are you by chance a Christian? Do you seek to usher in your saviors return by seeing Israel destroyed?

It is not made up or something. Just because you didnt see it Faux News does not mean it is BS. This is just one of thousand of articles. You should read it and take to heart what it means! A nuclear Iran is already a reality!
www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I believe you need to quit living in fear my fellow brother, try living your life with love. I spent many hours explaining and showing the older generation of my family the truth... Follow the money....

The problem with many of the older generation (and this is based off my family) is that they believe whatever they hear on the news. They refuse to research and I mean deeply research subjects and they take news articles at face value. When they hear a viewpoint that is not close to theirs they refuse to research it. Ignorance...

Luckily, I woke my whole family up! :-) at first they were angry, but now they are actively helping be the change!

One thing I have learned living in many countries is that every news channel has their own bias added in and you begin to see the propaganda from each country trying to fullfill their own agendas.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The funny thing is you say that noone should have nuclear arms, and yet you go to bat repeatedly and spout the propaganda of the holder of the largest stockpile of nuclear warheads in the bloody world. Enough fissile material to send the world to hell many times over. You need to reevaluate your stance, as it is clearly biased as hell and based in fantasy. Come back down to earth with the rest of us. Your ubermensch schtick reeks of insecurity.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'm not too sure, but I do know that there's a reason why they are called Jarheads and it's not because of the shape of their high and tight haircut lol. Once you get out of the Marines, I hear they give you your brains back. But not all of it, no you can't have fully functional killers walking the streets, now can ya.

HAHAHA

Alright, Ladies, I’m going to bed. I’ll give you guys some time to throw some personal attacks at me and let you absorb some content from the OP - Maybe something will sink in!

I appreciate the responses…even though I disagree with some of you. Be sure to tip the OP on your way out!!

Until tomorrow!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

You have family that served, but one thing I learned about people is they say they understand, but unless you learn of war with your own eyes, you will never understand, plain and simple. It's just not physically or mentally possible to imagine what goes on in times of war. That argument is null. I really don't care what your daddy told you about war, I guarantee you the truth is 1000 times worse.

Cut your "Ive been through hell" stick..... You wouldn't survive,where I was raised,let alone deal with the crap I suffered,so get off your soapbox.

Ive seen people die,Ive seen murders,Ive seen more then the average marine in combat.Thats a fact.

Regardless,You want Iran to have Nukes,because you believe that will be a deterrent. YOU ARE WRONG. Wrong to want them having those weapons.Wrong thinking that they will just hold back,and not use them. They are a theocratic regime. A regime that places its existence in God,and bases ALL decisions by it. So if prophecy dictates using these weapons,to bring on their 12 Iman,do you REALLY believe they wont use them?

Please...............
edit on 23-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Gee, those evil Muslims are so deluded by their hatred of Israel that they would commit suicide by nuking them?
Please explain how it was that Russia, lead by savages who put MILLIONS of their own citizens to death, never dropped a bomb on us?

Please tell me from your battle hardened perspective just what drives a group men to just as certainly incinerate their enemy as guaranteeing the death of their families.

The age of world wars is over. Humanity has crossed a threshold recognizing the futility. Destroying Iran would solve nothing. Any number of other countries would be forced to nuke Israel.

The only people this war would serve are the Khazarian cult of satanists masquerading as Jews whose belief it is that if the preconditions of Armageddon are arranged, if the stage is set according to prophecy, the Messaih will arrive at the last minute and lay waste to the armies of the world stacked up on Israel's border.

How insane is that?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The both start out green turn yellow and die in bunches!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just because a nation hates us, does not give us the constitutional right to invade them. Lets do the math. This is why Ron Paul is the only person worth running the country. He thinks about the national security interest. Where is the threat? Not that I sit in on, nor does anyone else in the thread sit in on Intelligence briefings, but you cannot use pictures, and news articles to present the case for invading a country, that is just ludicrous.

It is absolutely war propaganda. Someone else argued with me that war is inevitable (I think it was Annee), However this country can avoid it. Look at the Geographic location of the united states. We are not going to get invaded people. Focus on border control, and national defense, not national offense. Support allies if they ask for it. Work on public diplomatic solutions, not covert assassinations.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I honestly don't care whether or not Iran has nukes.

I do. Anyone with half a brain would care.

You paint me like I want WWIII to happen.

You painted that picture clearly,I didn't have to help you.

If you really have the experience that you claim to have, than why are you so quick to send someone's son or daughter off to an even worse experience than yours.

Who said I was sending ANYONE?

bullsh t and you know it.

A summery of your post.........

and if we stopped threatening them, there would be no problem.

I am not threatening them. The problem still exists.........

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

America needs men like Ron Paul! We need real leaders or we are lost! America more closely resembles a Fascist system than a free democracy!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

This guy is no more battle hardened than my sister. Nobody with any real hard service under their belts would wear their affiliations on their sleeve like that. If I ever posted my "credentials" like that, in my opinion, I would be doing a disservice to my friends that didn't make it back. This guy has rear echelon written all over him. The ones that stay in the rear with the gear always go head over heals for that moto "Get some!!!!" bullsh t, but those who repeatedly venture into where the metal meets the meat have a decidedly different perspective. Repeated heavy incoming has a way of rearranging one's priorities and watching innocents die for nothing has an even higher cost on ones psyche. This guy is quite obviously so full of it, he's got brown stains under his ears.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join