It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bad Joke: The Society Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

reply to post by 1beerplease

I love to make people laugh. For that moment when you are laughing, that one moment, you are closer to Love and Unity. I love providing that experience for everyone.

Coconut hat? You must have an interesting sense of humor.

Don't let this thread poison your views of the world. There's seeing the truth of the matter, then reading past the truth and seeing what isn't there to be seen. Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us. Be careful not to drown in the implications of what I have revealed here.

You are sounding more and more like you are high on drugs....

So because you cannot understand my point of view, you choose to ridicule it?

That is an immature allegation. If this is how our discussion will proceed, I don't care to continue it.
edit on CThursdaypm353520f20America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

With your statement, not mine, you said..

Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us.

It sounds like you are schizophrenic right now. Most drug addicts do get this disease. They become paranoid living in life and they accuse people of bad things. Their heads are also high in the clouds like yours and often think in terms of conspiracy rather than just kicking their own ass to work hard in life.

You sound like you have waaaay too much time on your hands. So, either get a job and straighten your life around, or continue on your quantum path to failure.

Nuff said, I'm done with your thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

hey i just finished my 12 hour shift to the big nasty corporation i work for.... gimmie a break!! i try and take the positive route in every situation.

questioning my existence is the only thing that gets me high

So this is going to be a round of trolling, I take it?

You're going to ridicule this thread?

Anyone who wishes to ridicule this thread for the sake of ridiculing, move on and make no comment. Your posts serve no legitimate purpose here. We fight ignorance, we do not encourage it.

With that out of the way, let's make room for more ATSers to add their contributions to the stack.

Btw, you haven't made any really argued your original post OP. You haven't backed anything up with facts except slap a few counter-arguments. This is your thread, but it is a bad one at that.

Trolling? Get real OP, that's a weak statement. Making fun of this thread? No, making fun of your statements for not making ANY sense.

12 hour shift, nasty corporation? Go find another job then.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Kudos to you my friend!!!

I say to the bad "joke":
Money does not come with virtue nor greed.

All this blame on society and the tools (money) society uses, but you never hear the blame go back to the individual...

You provide a service or a product, I gladly pay you because I see there is value in your service or product. I pay you with the money I earned by utilizing "my" mind either by mastering a skill and offering it as a service or product, either employed or as an employer. It truly is a beautiful transaction when based only on value.

Its the individual who decides to use the tool (money) for something other than measuring true value. Value is in what you described, the "spirit" and I add, its what's behind my hours of labor, and the many hours testing out "my" idea, selling the idea or creating a business plan to make a butt load of money, to employ value that each and every one of us can provide to "society".

Nah, it's not a bad joke... Its misunderstood, that's all.

Namaste
Phir Milenge!!

edit on 23-2-2012 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sometimes I like to imagine a system in this world where there were no victims, no downtrodden, no impoverished and no hardships. Obviously, this seems unrealistic to some but I am almost sure with the collective will this is not only possible, but easy. Imagine if there was no capitalism, no governance systems (I'm better than you and your kids systems) and no hurt egos (war, violence). It seems like if every mind in the world were rational and caring, there wouldn't be too many problems, except the fun ones of choosing your love life.

Good thread, but please do try to lighten up on the pessimism, it's an emotion and it can pass.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

ok, that bottom part of the post was along the lines of spirituality
as in we all perceive different and in the true conscious there is no right or wrong, it is what you want it to be and only you know what that means.
i make mistakes all the time in life and at work
am wrong heaps of times!! but if someone tells me how to act spiritually than thats when they take your freewill.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

i apoligise star child i mean no dis-respect towards you or this thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Your math comes out to a hundred and fourteen percent.

Besides that, you have a grim, narrow view of society partner. You describe the life of businessmen as if it applies to us all. And by the way, most people who find there way into business and get as big as you described, they actually make quite a few great achievements. Have you never heard of Henry Ford, or Thomas Edison? Even the great Nikola Tesla (my only hero, I should mention) chased money like any other human being, even if he never really held onto it, spending near everything on his work. That was his choice though, to spend his gains on attempts to better mankind's plight, for it was joy and we all have every right to pursue our own happiness.

It just so happens that not every human being has the same idea of happiness. Indeed, many of us are content to lead a simple life, taking our joy from our families and fleeting worldly possessions, but I see no problem here. Sure, these people won't have much leisure time to experience the full wonders of the world, or to improve their minds much if they are constantly chasing the dollar, but maybe they don't want to. That is fine, because to some of us nature is bland, to others the mind is a simple faculty only to be utilized sparingly. This is individualism, and so far as I am concerned, it is good.

The only real problem I see with the economical side of society these days - here in the good ole US of A, that is - is that it has become near impossible to support a family with the wages from a forty hour week if you make anything near minimum wage. This is why we are a slave to the dollar, because the minimum wage isn't actually tied to the cost of living.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

hey i just finished my 12 hour shift to the big nasty corporation i work for.... gimmie a break!! i try and take the positive route in every situation.

questioning my existence is the only thing that gets me high

So this is going to be a round of trolling, I take it?

You're going to ridicule this thread?

Anyone who wishes to ridicule this thread for the sake of ridiculing, move on and make no comment. Your posts serve no legitimate purpose here. We fight ignorance, we do not encourage it.

With that out of the way, let's make room for more ATSers to add their contributions to the stack.

Btw, you haven't made any really argued your original post OP. You haven't backed anything up with facts except slap a few counter-arguments. This is your thread, but it is a bad one at that.

Trolling? Get real OP, that's a weak statement. Making fun of this thread? No, making fun of your statements for not making ANY sense.

12 hour shift, nasty corporation? Go find another job then.

hey im not whinging about my job or anything!! you's questioned why i laughed at coconut hat and i am just overworked and tired thought it was funny....again im not whinging about my job

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by 1beerplease

I love to make people laugh. For that moment when you are laughing, that one moment, you are closer to Love and Unity. I love providing that experience for everyone.

Coconut hat? You must have an interesting sense of humor.

Don't let this thread poison your views of the world. There's seeing the truth of the matter, then reading past the truth and seeing what isn't there to be seen. Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us. Be careful not to drown in the implications of what I have revealed here.

You are sounding more and more like you are high on drugs....

So because you cannot understand my point of view, you choose to ridicule it?

That is an immature allegation. If this is how our discussion will proceed, I don't care to continue it.
edit on CThursdaypm353520f20America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

With your statement, not mine, you said..

Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us.

It sounds like you are schizophrenic right now. Most drug addicts do get this disease. They become paranoid living in life and they accuse people of bad things. Their heads are also high in the clouds like yours and often think in terms of conspiracy rather than just kicking their own ass to work hard in life.

You sound like you have waaaay too much time on your hands. So, either get a job and straighten your life around, or continue on your quantum path to failure.

Nuff said, I'm done with your thread.

You are calling me a drug addict. That is not proper behavior in this forum. Be glad you are leaving, because your ignorance shines through your attempts at righteousness.

Also, life is rarely as easy as you make it sound. There is so much more to life than your pitiful little rut in the world.

You are a tiny, inconsequential speck in in the solar system. Now think of the galaxy, and then the known universe. You are nothing. Yet you pretend your labors mean something to the world.

Wake up.
edit on CThursdaypm383802f02America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

The only real problem I see with the economical side of society these days

If you would be kind enough to point out a side of life that isn't affected by the economy, I would gladly hear it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

as in we all perceive different and in the true conscious there is no right or wrong, it is what you want it to be and only you know what that means.
am wrong heaps of times!! but if someone tells me how to act spiritually than thats when they take your freewill.

When someone tells you to say "Take the dog outside for a walk" and you say, "Walk the dog" you basically did the same thing, but you did it in a different way, an easier way. But for someone who isn't familiar with the undertones and overtones and semantics and implications and delicacies and finer points of language, this will be a hard phrase to translate. What we think it means will not always be what it ACTUALLY means. This is just an example.

Easier and simpler is not always better. I agree, forced spirituality, or manipulated spirituality, is worth nothing. But sometimes, we think we are spiritual, and we've really only begun to walk that path, or see that picture. We overestimate our awareness, and think we've gone far enough, when we've barely covered three feet.

Along the lines of this point you have raised, that is my message.
edit on CThursdaypm161609f09America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

When someone tells you to say "Take the dog outside for a walk" and you say, "Walk the dog" you basically did the same thing, but you did it in a different way, an easier way. But for someone who isn't familiar with the undertones and overtones and semantics and implications and delicacies and finer points of language, this will be a hard phrase to translate. What we think it means will not always be what it ACTUALLY means. This is just an example.

Easier and simpler is not always better. I agree, forced spirituality, or manipulated spirituality, is worth nothing. But sometimes, we think we are spiritual, and we've really only begun to walk that path, or see that picture. We overestimate our awareness, and think we've gone far enough, when we've barely covered three feet.

Along the lines of this point you have raised, that is my message.
edit on CThursdaypm161609f09America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

my friend, everyone has all the 'time' in the creation of everything to walk down every path there is, to choose every choice there is, do everything they want and quench every desire they have ever pondered. there is no 'rush' to find who you are and where you belong as long as you live the best and most happiest life you can than in the end, it doesn't matter as you will have another 'chance' to fulfill everything you missed in your previous life.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The spiritual side, so long as you are strong enough not to lot the spirit to be beat upon by the worries of the physical world. Also, you could live out you entire material existence without any use for money, so long as you were willing to work harder for your sustenance and at times do with less. Living off the land isn't an impossibility in this day age, its just that most people choose the comfort of society. Also, I suppose money wouldn't really be on your mind if you were living off the land, so it is wholly possible to live out every facet of your life (spiritual, physical and mental) without the economy ever really creeping into any of them.

Indeed, there are people out there who live like this, and many more who live in a way quite similar but not fully independent of economical influence. The thing is, a majority of us (all humans) seem to prefer the cushion of society, even it does mean we have to worry about collecting enough little green tickets to buy the prizes. And besides, is society in itself not a prize? To be apart of something bigger than yourself and know that you have done your part, however small, in any great changes your society brings about? And sure, not all changes a society brings about are good, and some societies grow down right rotten, but so long as the citizenry continues to do its duty and hold that society in check by forcing small and large revolutions now and again, then a society only grows stronger.

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that SOCIETY is not bad, even though some societies are. And further more, Western, Capitalist society (for that is what you described in the OP, if I am not mistaken) is not bad either, just broken at the moment. It is up to us, the citizens, to fix the problems and tweak the system we already have in place, not abandon it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I enjoyed your thoughts. Is money the root of all evils? Or, is the Love of Money the root of all evils? Money is a tool and that is were it needs to stay....it should not be given the power that it has been given.

In the future, money will not be the focal point...wealth will be in ideas and art, nature, beauty and grace. People will work on things that promote the benefit of all and that will bring them "wealth" as I have defined above.

Think about it...we are evolving....as all things do...the only thing that is constant...is CHANGE. We are technologically moving at a pace that is expotential...there are patents waiting in the wings, however they cannot be released until we have evolved as humans into a kinder, gentler race. We are on that path.

Once these inventions are released...that relieves a large amount of people from the everyday working. What are they to do???? Hmmm, let's see what would you do? I would exercise, yoga, paint, write poetry, learn a skill to heal others, enjoy family and friends. Learn to create a wholeness...a holistic lifestyle...that is the FUTURE.

Money like I said, takes a back seat...it is but only a tool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join