It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA to Give Monsanto’s New GMO Crops Special ‘Speed Approval’!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

You´ve been sold out again America!
With recent studies and articles all pointing out the dangers of GMO foods, awareness is at an all time high.

well.

If you thought Monsanto’s lack of testing on their current GMO crops was bad before, prepare to now be blown away by the latest statement by the USDA.

Despite links to organ damage and mutated insects, the USDA says that it is changing the rules so that genetically modified seed companies like Monsanto will get ‘speedier regulatory reviews’.

With the faster reviews, there will be even less time spent on evaluating the potential dangers. Why? Because Monsanto is losing sales with longer approval terms.

Again a perfect example of how corporate interests (money) dictate policy.
It's your FOOD, BODY and HEALTH that is talked about here.

Side-effects are not important, Monsanto is losing bussines can't you see!!??

Steve Censky, chief executive officer of the American Soybean Association, states it quite plainly.

This is a move to help Monsanto and other biotechnology giants squash competition and make profits. After all, who cares about public health? 'It is a concern from a competition standpoint,' Censky said in a telephone interview.

The changes are expected to take full effect in March when they’re published in the Federal Register. The USDA’s goal is to cut the approval time for GMO crops in half in order to speedily implement them into the global food supply. The current USDA process takes longer than they would like due to ‘public interest, legal challenges, and the challenges associated with the advent of national organic food standards‘ says USDA deputy administrator Michael Gregoire.

So people, those eyes finally open?

Is the USDA working for the United States consumer, or is it working for Monsanto?

Monsa nto is Satan in Disguise

RELATED THREADS:

Millions of Pounds of TOXIC POISION to flood US Farmland

The World According To Monsanto

300.000 organic farmers sue Monsanto in federal court

When are we going to eradicate the cancer that is Monsanto?
edit on 23-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ETA:

If they're talking about the crops i think they're talking about...
it's VERY bad news.

these new crops are Dioxin resistant!

but you are NOT.

groundwater pollution, polluted soils, poisoned birds.

pfff

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here and there, I feel like I have been doing my part to inform people. It is not much, but it is something. I will find some anti-Monsato pics and print them into little 3x3 pictures. Then, on my next trip to the grocery I will place the pics randomly in the produce section, and specifically on the corn. Not sure if it is having an affect or not, so who knows.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

but can you believe it?

with all the uproar and concerns lately...

instead of better and more thorough studies they SPEED UP the approvel proces?

backwards or what?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why should Monsanto have it any harder than the FDA?
I was out sick two days this week. I counted no less than 10 different drugs that had a lawsuit against them for deaths, permanent injury. You've seen those commercials.

As long as they are killing and maiming people the government is all for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes, I agree. You would think that when the 300,000 strong lawsuit was filed, it would at least curtail Monsantos plan somewhat until the case was settled. At least raise the question that there could actually be some merit to the complaints against him. It is beyond me why Monsanto is not told that during the proceedings, he will be placed into the holding pattern until all is resolved.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Any American concerned about the Monsanto/GMO issue might want to look at this 2012 California GMO Labeling Ballot Initiative... there are also other initiatives out there for other STATE ballot measures.

California is poised to be the first state with mandatory GMO labeling laws through the 2012 California Ballot Initiative process.
Polls show support to get this initiative on the ballot & voted in. Over 80% of those polled supported mandatory labeling.
A win for the California Initiative would be a huge blow to biotech and a huge victory for food activists.
The Right To Know
They need as much support as they can get because Monsanto and their minions have billions invested in GMOs and they are willing to spend millions to defeat this initiative.
California is the 8th largest economy in the world. Labeling laws in CA will effect packaging and ingredient decisions nation-wide.

organicconsumersfund.org...

In 2007, Barack Obama promised to label GMO foods if elected.... WE ARE STILL WAITING..here's a link to him making that promise .....

action.fooddemocracynow.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

naaaa Monsanto will just push their panadora's box of disaster onto us that much harder now there's more awareness of their food, chemicals and shady bully boy tatics... got to make as much money as they can while the sun is still shining so to speak..also if they can pollute huge swathes of farmland then only their crop seeds will grow .. how many Farmers can go fallow for a year or two ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

omg I was watching the outer limits last night and what was about?Can you guess?GMO corn and how it causes tumors in humans,of couse at the end they burned the crops and all was well.
I've heard that the ptb put these contriversial subjects in movies and television but didn't realize it until yesterday it was called "seeds of destuction"

back on topic,my son my husband and myself have experienced allergic reations due to chemicals in our foods,I'm doing everything I can to keep our food clean but it's becoming impossible to keep up with.These corporations need to be stopped one way or the other,and until the rest of the nation wakes up to the fact that they are purposely poisoning our food supply they will go on to finish the job.

Do something to help the cause,write your senators and congressmen fight the fight until the end we have
the right to clean unadulterated food and water.Lets make Monsanto a horrible distant memory

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
wow, no surprise here. GMO's will go down in history as one of mankind's worst nightmares, when it's all said and done.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Given that one of their former lawyer's is now a Supreme Court Justice and many other of their people are in high positions in the USDA, FDA, ect. this should not be a surprise to anyone.

Monsanto agenda is dangerous to the human race.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Any American concerned about the Monsanto/GMO issue might want to look at this 2012 California GMO Labeling Ballot Initiative... there are also other initiatives out there for other STATE ballot measures.

Yeah this is what i meant by awareness.

I believe Vermont was the first to start an initiative to label GMO food.

In 2007, Barack Obama promised to label GMO foods if elected.... WE ARE STILL WAITING..here's a link to him making that promise .....

Well he promised to close Guantanamo Bay.
He promised that the first thing he'd as president is to get the troops home. (you can take that to the bank)
He als promised change you can believe in! (and still a believer??)

but lets not focus on barry, he's not worth it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Monsanto certainly is the most evil company on the planet. In my mind there is no doubt about it. I can understand your frustration in the fact that people are just not waking up to the fact that GM foods (and Monsanto) are harmful to humans and the environment, it's a frustration I share.

But how Monsanto can have this kind of effect on policy making becomes quite clear when you take a look at who in the Government also works on the side of Monsanto. No matter your politics, you have to admit that having the likes of Hilary Clinton, Secretary of State (soon possibly the head of the World Bank?) on your side is a HUGE feather in one's cap especially considering the connection is through Clinton's law firm which is Monsanto's legal counsel on record. A quick look through the list provided in the link above shows USDA connections as well as FDA connections. Another that bares watching on that list is Carol Tucker Foreman, former Asst. Secretary of the Dept. of Agriculture, organic supporter (at one time) and now personal lobbyist for Monsanto as well as sitting on DuPonts biotech advisory panel, another GMO company.

So, to read the information in your OP does not suprise me really and infact I think we can look for more such moves to be made in the near future. However, it does make me so mad I could spit nails and just makes me even more committed to do everything in my power to see they are stopped at every turn.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I can understand your frustration in the fact that people are just not waking up to the fact that GM foods (and Monsanto) are harmful to humans and the environment, it's a frustration I share.

well it´s not frustration with the people not waking up, it´s frustration that this is all allowed to happen.

without proper research, without labeling GMO food as such, without responsibility.

and on the part that they have a lot of people in ´high places´.

certainly true.

it shows by the fact that they can get away with the things they´ve gotten away with so far.

slowly but surely awareness is gaining momentum.

join