It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, France, UK, Turkey, Italy prepare for military intervention in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

US, France, UK, Turkey, Italy prepare for military intervention in Syria

debka.com

Despite public denials, military preparations for intervention in the horrendous Syrian crisis are quietly afoot in Washington, Paris, Rome, London and Ankara. President Barack Obama is poised for a final decision after the Pentagon submits operational plans for protecting Syrian rebels and beleaguered populations from the brutal assaults of Bashar Assad’s army
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama: Israel undecided on attack against Iran
Israel: Iran's nuclear arms program is complete, its missiles can reach US
Iran threatens Israel, U.S. over scientist killing
Iranian supreme leader blames U.S., Israel for scientist's death

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It was just a mather of time .. but Turkey and Italy ??
What about Saudi Arabia, Canada, Israel and a few more ??

I agree it took longer then Libya
The reason for that is : Russia and China are against any actions..
Somebody is still scared of them for sure
it has complicated things a little bit to impose any fly zone in Syria.

This process is also underway in allied capitals which joined the US in the Libyan operation that ended Muammar Qaddafi’s rule in August, 2011. They are waiting for a White House decision before going forward.

Does China and Russia know about this thread -->
The Snake Behind the Arab Spring

If yes .. they will NEVER let anyone invade Syria and/or Iran

Like China said .. they are ready to risk a WW3 to defend Syria

Things are getting extremelly ugly ..
hard to know the exact truth on whats going on

UN do like to know .. or they would not condemn the Assad regime in such mather

'Highest levels' in Syria gave nod to rights abuses, U.N. says

(CNN) -- "Widespread, systematic and gross human rights violations" amounting to crimes against humanity in Syria have been conducted with the "apparent knowledge and consent" of the country's "highest levels," a U.N. commission said Thursday.

U.N. bodies probing the crimes should identify perpetrators and hold them accountable, the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic said, stressing that "urgent, inclusive political dialogue" is needed to end the crisis.

"The government has manifestly failed in its responsibility to protect the population," the report said. "Anti-government armed groups have also committed abuses, although not comparable in scale and organization with those carried out by the state."

The commission said it has documented "crimes against humanity and other gross violations."

I know only one thing .. the war with Syria and Iran is inevitable ..
but what will be the outcomes is a mystery to me and many

Is Russia and China really want to risk a total annihilation with the US and Israel to protect 2 of their biggest ally in Iran and Syria .. i think yes ...or they wouldnt be vetoing all the time and warning the US not to intervene in Syria and Iran

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's what French says:

"Damascus owes us an answer"; French Foreign Minister Juppe says France holds Syria responsible for Remi Ochlik death

Remi Ochlik is the French journalist that died yesterday under Syria's army bombing...

There is no doubt that the tone goes up between France and Syria...

S&F for something that we should follow closely, as Syria is playing a dangerous game here.

edit on 23-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Here's what French says:

"Damascus owes us an answer"; French Foreign Minister Juppe says France holds Syria responsible for Remi Ochlik death

Remi Ochlik is the French journalist that died yesterday under Syria's army bombing...

There is no doubt that the tone goes up between France and Syria...

The 2 journalists killed will open the Pandora Box

but what really happened .. were they really killed by the assad troops ?
the media is controlled and the ones owning the media can create any news to favor them

There has been some people with an agenda
the same ones that destroyed and killed many in the WTC with a controlled demolition
killing 2 more so they can benefit from their death .. they have done that a lot
its the best colateral damage they can get to boost their advantage on Syria

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They need it at this point in my opinion. Media reporters are being killed, injured and these "medical profesionals" are trying to help them but they simply do not have the supplies to do so. Places like Homs are turning into dust holes.

Something needs to be done here and quick. Just my opinion though.

Heres another link to the Syria crisis.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

In Libya Russia and China remained playing 'good boys' till the very end. Will they remain the 'idiots' this time around too? It would be a massive blow to their interests and national security if Syria and Iran see a regime change and come under the western control. R+C should use force to thwart any arms supplies to rebels in Syria or Iran. At the very least they should provide intelligence and spec ops support to intercept these supplies and undo the western attempts to create civil war.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its Debka...i wouldnt believe it. They have reported an imminent fly zone over Syria for the last 4 months and nothing has happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
They need it at this point in my opinion. Media reporters are being killed, injured and these "medical profesionals" are trying to help them but they simply do not have the supplies to do so. Places like Homs are turning into dust holes.

Something needs to be done here and quick. Just my opinion though.

Heres another link to the Syria crisis.

-SAP-

Yes !

The only solution i can think to avoid any big regional war or WW3 :

WTH is Russia and China are waiting for ...
if they dont want any intervention from NATO / US
they should place THEIR troops in Syria and monitor the situation THEMSELF

So i give a thumb down to Russia and China for their INACTION

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I cant see how this could possibly end well?

Shouldnt the Arab nations be handling this matter instead of once again western nations running to the rescue?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

...and then do what when NATO comes? Blast them to hell and hightwater? ......I doubt it.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Its impossible that they didnt think of that before
Is there any reasons for that ?

Maybe they wait for the US to move in
BEFORE THEY DO

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah it's debka but the elite wants to take out Syria before Iran... and they want to take out Iran before the US election... so time is running short.

So it might be true.

And yeah if Russia-China really wants to stop the whole thing, they need to put military hardware there...

Russia is basically the only one who can do so without being blamed because they've got a base in Tartus.

What will be a must watch is the aftermath of the Russian election... big riots across the country might paralyze Russia and be used as a ``perfect moment`` for NATO to strike Syria while Putin is stranded at home.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I imagine "Syria" is tacked onto a binder in a big office full of other binders labeled with other countries, and when the time comes they just go grab the binder, open to page 1, point to the first sentence, and repeat to themselves, heres what the book says to do.
edit on 23-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah it's debka but the elite wants to take out Syria before Iran... and they want to take out Iran before the US election... so time is running short.

So it might be true.

Its the best strategy .. the WMD reasons dont work anymore
take out the little brother before the big one
and try make it so in a way that it will be legal to bomb the crap out of Syria (protect the civilians)
and after bomb the crap out of Iran for helping Syria

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If Syria is attacked by the West, there is 50% chance of WW III happening.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What's amazing to me, is that honestly, Youtube, google, cellphones and Facebook, made all this possible.

And now WW3 can begin properly it seems, with everyone trying to liberate everyone else of their foes. Problem is there is a loose definition of foes being used everywhere, who's next?

Only takes a few dumb moves to loose a chess game.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ITs a civil war, we should not get involved. That said, I think we should get in there just for the sake of relieving political tensions. We go in there supporting the people against assad. Russia and China will be pissed, but rather than them being pissed at us for threatening intervention.
Also the possible coming change in leadership in Russia will not be the end of the support for Syria, the leader of the opposition has said that there is popular support for syria to be left alone, being an old ally. People also don't want western influence to spread anymore east. They didn't stop us in Libya because they thought we'd fail, and since we suceeded they think its more important to stop western influence spreading anymore where we might suceed.

The whole situation in the middle east is due to western influence anyway. I think change came too early for nations that weren't ready for it. They see how many freedoms we have and they want it. For those in power, of course they're going to fight back to keep their powerbase.

If people are going to fight back against a leader who is shelling them, to put it in internet terms, owning them. Why should we get involved. Arming the other side is only going to cause more bloodshed. We don't really know whats going on in there, al we have is onesided activities of the government fighting the opposition. Where are the news footage and media coverage of what the opposition is doing to the government. IF they're doing nothing wrong they will have no reason to shell them, even if you do go insane, you have n reason to randomly start shelling your wn citizens.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

If a big group of people start shooting cops and soldiers in the US
creating riots in the streets and make it look like a big uprising happening
would the Obama regime start killing anyone in the street that look like hostile ?
because they would have already sustain a huge amount of soldiers getting killed ..

You would have the same scenario that has happened in Egypt, Libya and in Syria
(Egypt was bit different since a big part of the egyptian army was finance by the other side_

Reverse the roles ...
Obama would be scared to loose the face and loose the entire government to be replaced
because of a big group of armed mercenaries that created chaos in the streets
that was paid by and finance by the enemy

Obama would want Russia and China looming and threatening ahead
of imposing another fly zone.. missiles destroying government building
and being killed at the end by those mercenaries or hanged in front of everyone like Saddam

think about it .. think of what would do Obama if a big group of mercenaries would create chaos in the streets
and world wide condemnation for killing those mercenaries

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Regarding street fighting mercenaries:

in the US langauage they will be called the 'enemy combatants' and either killed on the streets or sent to Guantanamo base and kept there for long time without any trials.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join