It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to research for SHTF scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Fellow ATSers, how goes it? I will fashionably admit to being paranoid well-beyond the average individual. Looking at politics now I become increasingly mindful of SHTF scenarios. How do YOU research how you would handle such scenarios. Such as researching secluded areas, the ideal Bug-out-Bag, gardening, etc. Being raised in a conservative Christian home I learned to anticipate SHTF. Not to say that it doesn't in some way spark interest in many people of any and all status. I would like to plan out where to go, what to take, etc. Any ideas? Thanks much!

Mick

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I suggest living on the street in south-central L.A. for a week.

If you make it out alive, you're all set for the S hitting the F.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
People seem to have a set image in their minds of the SHTF scenario. Do you really think it's going to be like the movies and video games like Fallout? Most likely, it won't be.

Let's say the USA gets nuked, will it be the entire USA, or just parts of it, or maybe just a few cities? Will Canada and Mexico be closed? If all of CA, AZ, TX, etc. have no power, water, food, markets, etc... then get in the car and go to Canada or Mexico, or get on a boat and head to an island maybe.

I have food stored just in case, but if a giant wave, nuke, EMP, or asteroid is our impending doom, what will a bug out bag, food storage, or escape plan really do? What's likely is that only specific areas will be devastated, while people are picking through the rubble in Washington, other folks will still be on the slot machines in Vegas. So unless the entire planet is devastated, it shouldn't be the end of the world for us all, we can just move to an area that hasn't been affected.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I hear that
I've done SE St. Louis, but I was reclusive and stayed at home after work while the South-Side Rapist was picking up prostitutes a couple of blocks down the street. But I guess not being a prostitute I wasn't as vulnerable than living in central LA. Good point, though

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Also, allot of people (on here) go on like if America gets blasted off the face of the earth, civilization would cease to exist - which is not the cae at all.

The scenario would be as you explained it, not all the places would get wiped out, meaning most will be able to still live there day to day lives.

I prepare for a shtf scenario by eating small children (sarcasm)

I am not prepared in the slightest, I go shopping once a week, if Morrisons, ASDA or any other supermarket was to cease to exist, I'd be pretty fkd, let alone a nuke hitting my country lol.

Also to add, I think the scenario would be a little different if a nuke hit the UK, if there we're 4 strategic nukes in the UK, the whole of it would be pretty much wiped out

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the real planning is working out what sort of S will hit the fan where and how much of it will be going through the fan so you can work out various solutions as stockpiling enough food in the garage wont be much use if a comet hits your town wiping everything out for 100 miles so its a case of what if's and keep working on those what if's so that you can cover them with as little actual gear as necessary

top topics

join