It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Architecture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am doing a project and I was wondering if anyone had awesome links to ancient architecture. From the Mayans, Egyptians, to the Temple of Jerusalem. You can even post links to Star Wars architecture as well. By all means, post what you got

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i think this might work
www.starwasrdecor.com
if not there is a link on wermos guide to star wars languages

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Try www.greatbuildings.com

Hope that helps a bit mate?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hmmm, that website is good if I already have a specific building in mind. Anyone have a link to concept drawings that were never made but things that people brainstormed on for recreating Atlantis?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
actually, talking about concept architechture, some good concept architecture is cartoon backdrops. i had to do a project on art-deco skyscrapers and i found 'gotham city' from batman as a great resource. also i know this sounds horrible but HE-Man master of the universe has some cool architeture.

but if you want great architecture, lok at falling water, by frank lloyd wright, a cliche but my favourite possiblle building, i love the way he started with an idea came first and then he found ways to incorporate human living into the building, i'm a big art-deco fan so i'm probably biased.

i'm rambling again

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'd suggest researching into Disney's Atlantis flick, behind the scenes. Their artists sketched everything from Mayan ruins to asian temples to adapt the look and feel of their Atlantis.

There's also a book completely about the Art of Star Wars, that would be a good source too, you can likely get it at the local library...

Of course, given my bias for Atlantis being South America, I'd suggest using such ruins as a key part. Ziggaraut step pyramids, red, white and black stone (as mentioned by Plato), etc.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join