It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will to accomplish: the most important force that give life to everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The million dollar question should be: What do i want to do.
When you want to do something, that's what makes you want to get up from bed.
Dont ask what do you want others to give you, or what do you want life to give you, because these you cant control.

Ask what you want to do, because in reality, you should focus on what you can control, this should be the source of your satisfaction, the winner is the person that makes what he wants to make...

So, do you want fuel to make you move? do you want enthusiasm and passion? do you want your root chakra energized?

Ask yourself what do you want to do. And then, wish it, wish it badly, and go do it.

To wish to do something is the driving force of existence, so don't forget to know what you want to do!

edit on 23-2-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Isn't this pretty much the same as the "Law of Attraction"?

You think about what you want, both believe it will happen and WILL it to happen, and it eventually does.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow, this is fantastic information. It makes sense to give up on things because they can't be controlled, like war. Think of the Americans that would have been saved had we not gone over to Europe in WWI&II and fight an enemy that we have no control over.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Wow, this is fantastic information. It makes sense to give up on things because they can't be controlled, like war. Think of the Americans that would have been saved had we not gone over to Europe in WWI&II and fight an enemy that we have no control over.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

In that situation, you want something: to end war, can you do it? If you think so, you should focus on the actions to accomplish that. Whats the problem?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

You think about what you want, both believe it will happen and WILL it to happen, and it eventually does.

No, i dont believe in that law. i believe in wanting something that you can get from your actions and then focusing on the actions to get it.
The main focus of your will is in the actions to accomplish it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

No, i dont believe in that law. i believe in wanting something that you can get from your actions and then focusing on the actions to get it.

That's exactly what the law of attraction is. You focus on something you want, you BELIEVE that you will get it, and your body just automatically takes the steps to get it.

You're looking at the same thing from a different point of view. If I look at the cow from the left, and you from the right, we're still seeing a cow. It just might be white on my side and brown on yours.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That's exactly what the law of attraction is. You focus on something you want, you BELIEVE that you will get it, and your body just automatically takes the steps to get it.

You're looking at the same thing from a different point of view. If I look at the cow from the left, and you from the right, we're still seeing a cow. It just might be white on my side and brown on yours.

Law of attraction says you need to believe you will get it, its about faith on the end result, i say i need to know what i want, then focus on the actions to accomplish it. Of course i believe i can accomplish it, but that is not the key, the key is to take the right actions, and focus on the will to do them.

Its different IMHO

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here's to the wants and needs thread of action. I want to be able to prove spirituality is important. I want to prove love is a real life, cosmic driving force behind all communication and positive action that helps people coexist more peacefully. I want to have a perfect relationship with everybody in my immediate and extended human family. I want to make enough money that I can support myself and anybody that I can see needs help. Finally, I want happiness and eternal joyful life for all of this universe' creation, and now I'm ready to take whatever steps it takes to ensure my goal is met.

GO!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
Here's to the wants and needs thread of action. I want to be able to prove spirituality is important. I want to prove love is a real life, cosmic driving force behind all communication and positive action that helps people coexist more peacefully. I want to have a perfect relationship with everybody in my immediate and extended human family. I want to make enough money that I can support myself and anybody that I can see needs help. Finally, I want happiness and eternal joyful life for all of this universe' creation, and now I'm ready to take whatever steps it takes to ensure my goal is met.

GO!

You have to know what are the desires that you can acomplish by your effort. What are the desires that depend on you?

Then focus on the necessary actions and go, lots of energy to live!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Most important Lesson...DESIRES CAUSE SUFFERING! It is better to think in terms of giving...what can I give as opposed to what can I receive...and if I don't receive it..it causes much pain...I didn't receive my diploma, I didn't receive marriage, I didn't receive a raise...I desire my religion or my thinking to be superior....suffer suffer suffer. Giving on the other hand...(most important) without the thought of receiving anything in return..as in adulation or noteriety..is the true wealth that will bring peace of mind and happiness.

Ok you might say...I desire to be a Doctor...for what reason..is your desire for self- aggrandizement? Or is your desire to GIVE and help humanity...there is a difference and believe it or not the Universe is aware of it! I know...it amazes me too!

Always remember and never forget...your Desires..for the wrong reasons will make you unhappy! It is the trick of the dark.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Desires cause suffering? Not if you are clever enough.

If you are prepared to get what you want, but if you are also prepared to not get what you want, where is the suffering?

I know there is impermanence, i know there are things we cant control, i know that the important thing is not if you get what you want or not, the important is the path...

I know Buddhism very well and i still think that if don't have wishes to fulfill,i am dead, there is no life, no passion, no enthusiasm.

The universe was created because the creator wanted to do something...

Nothing exists without the will to create it.

No, wish is not the cause of suffering, attachment is, will is the most fundamental force that energizes everything, including intelligence and consciousness, without will, there is no life.

Something must be wanted!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

To wish, to want to do something is the force that makes the world go round, it makes the heart beat, it makes the blood flow.

The universe was created because someone wanted to, it had a wish, the wish to create a universe.

There is no existence without will!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Desires cause suffering? Not if you are clever enough.

That's the kind of talk that land you in preta-loka:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The million dollar question should be: What do i want to do.
When you want to do something, that's what makes you want to get up from bed.

Try telling this to the Buddhists that believe in getting rid of desire. Obviously the still have reason to wake up in the morning.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i think there is some confusion, desire is good, attachment is bad, they are very different.

You are attached when you are dependent on something that you cant control, that is impermanent, that one day will go...
Example: You love your girlfriend so much that if she leaves you you will suffer a lot, this is attachment...
But you can want her with you, because you like her company, she makes you happy, and still accept well if she has to go...

The trick is not to be dependent, enjoy while it lasts, let go, when it has to leave.

This world was made for us to enjoy it!!

new topics

top topics

join