It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most ultimate cosmic fact about us that isn't an opinion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What do you think is the ultimate thing you can say about us that makes us cosmically important?

It's a simple question that doesn't necessarily have a simple answer.

Don't post something that can't be stated as an objective fact. I'll post mine so you can kind of see where I'm going with this.

We are the universe observing itself.
edit on 23-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i think,therefore i am.
and i think i am really pissed off at the state of the reality i created!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The cosmos is not aware of us at all. We have no significance to the universe. If anything we are parasites who host other parasites whose purpose it is to take substances and turn them, through digestion, into dust.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What makes anyone think we are cosmically important, lets face it how have we as a human race helped the cosmo s?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru

What makes anyone think we are cosmically important, lets face it how have we as a human race helped the cosmo s?

We are learning how to behave. We are immature. BUT, we serve a purpose of some kind. That alone makes us important.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We exist.

That's about the most you can categorically say about us from a Cosmic perspective.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
there is no phenomenon until it is observed

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
We are the universe experiencing itself. So even if we were all to be vanquished in a single cosmic supernova, every molecule and bit of energy that is a part of us will not cease to exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"There is some speck with some dirt on it." (Person looking at our sun from one lightyear away, failing it by some arcseconds, using a powerful telescope)

In infinity, anything is possible and anything possible is infinitely irrelevant. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
"There is some speck with some dirt on it." (Person looking at our sun from one lightyear away, failing it by some arcseconds, using a powerful telescope)

In infinity, anything is possible and anything possible is infinitely irrelevant. Sorry.

That shouldn't be true. The nature of our existence as observers makes us relevant. We define what is relevant. That makes us powerful. As far as we can prove, we're the only way the universe knows it exists. That makes us infinitely relevant.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's the truth:

Everything around us and made by us, is full of empty space.

We live in a Quantum reality that we're not able to fully understand how, where, and why we truly exist for a fact.
edit on 23/2/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We will take any natural process, evaluate it, and then find a means to exploit it for our own use.

We will dread dying, and in the process live years longer than the last generation.

We will consume all matter we see into energy of some sort.

We will play god.

We will die.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The elements that make up our bodies and physical world were created in the heart of exploding stars.
Thats a pretty cosmic fact if I've ever seen on.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

what do the cosmos need help with??

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Getting rid of us...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
The elements that make up our bodies and physical world were created in the heart of exploding stars.
Thats a pretty cosmic fact if I've ever seen on.

Its something cool to imagine.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

The cosmos need us to give it meaning.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We are not important in the grand scheme of things. When the majority of people realize that simple fact, we may actually be considered important. A kind of paradox if you like....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Some EA*RTH humans are willing to help out ANY* creature seen in need of help. I think this is a great quality of humans because they feel the energy emitting from something in need, and here on EA*RTH they HELP out instead of look past and not care.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
We are not important in the grand scheme of things. When the majority of people realize that simple fact, we may actually be considered important. A kind of paradox if you like....

I kind of agree. We need to realize we are unimportant in the grand scheme of things but that's what makes us important AS the grand scheme. It means all of our actions can be forgiven.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join