It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troops burn copies of the Koran - deadly riots spread across Afghanistan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Of course these third world animals
are going to look for ANY excuse
to go on murdering rampage..

I would like to see the proof
of the Korans being burnt.

For all we know this is more
anti-American propaganda
only made for fueling hate
and killing infidels.

[/

I think we should take these prisoners that defaced the Quran and offer these people that feel they were insulted by the soldiers burning their defaced Qurans and see if they enact a similar justice for the prisoners defacement of the the Quran. I bet not being the fact they are fellow Muslim's and it's all about America being there and any excuse to kill them and turn the hearts of all against them.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by torsion

I'm not going to judge the american forces, and I'm not judging the protesters.

All I have to say is that this is the reason why I'm anti-religion. People killing each-other over books burning is one of the lowest thing's I've ever seen, personally.

The message (if that really mattered) is more important than the paper it is in.

Agreed. This is one of the many reasons I am also anti-religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I also have friends over there and have been there a few times myself. We don't let people like him bother us too much.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Tifozi

Those people who were killed were occupiers and oppressors, they deserved it.

Every one of your posts is Anti-American, which is fine its what you choose to believe but at least back your posts up with facts.

I personally will burn a Koran, for you
I think the Religion of Islam is a joke.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
US apologizes for Quran burnings in Afghanistan

A Western military official with knowledge of the incident said it appeared that the Qurans and other Islamic readings in the library were being used to fuel extremism, and that detainees at Parwan Detention Facility, which adjoins Bagram, were writing on the documents to exchange extremist messages. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

The military official said that several hundred Islamic publications, including Qurans, were removed from the library. Some of the publications had extremist content; others had extremist messages written on their pages by detainees, the official said. The official said the documents were charred and burnt, but none of them were destroyed.

Apparently its ok for Muslims to deface the Quran? Not to mention 2 soldiers were murdered because of the hypocritical religious zealots.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
we ever had an apology for them burning our flags?

Why should we apologise? Seriously, they do it all the time. Infact, they promote killing of others. Oh well.

as for the proffesional, just ignore him.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
did you know they koran toilet paper now? i hear its ultra soft.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'd burn them too, except i'd be smart and burn them in the winter when it's cold that way i'd have some heat to stay warm with.

They'd make good toilet paper too. I'd rather wipe my ass with a Quran than use those smooth stones to wipe off with that they use in Afghanistan. I'd rather not give myself hemorroids shoving rocks up my behind.

finally someone with enough testicular fortitude to say what is on 80% of peoples minds but are too scared to say it...

islam has become the catholic church of the dark ages.... for the same reasons... a select group has twisted and turned the teachings into something that goes completely south of what the book actually represents...

just like the popes of those times, (and even modern times) the taliban and extremists have change almost an entire culture and has them eating out of the palm of their hands..

300 pages of paper were burned??!!

now we must kill all foreigners!!!

but wait, what happened to turning the other cheek?....i thought islam was a religion of "peace"

hypocracy continues to rule the mosquito brains
edit on 23-2-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Whoa there people.

This thread has about as many flames as the burnt copies of the Koran the OP refers to.

So...how about we just have a bit of a breather, have a revisit of Terms and Conditions of this site and just 'slow the roll' for a bit...

To that end I'm putting the brakes on it for now. Closing the thread for now.

As always, you are welcome to utilise the Complaint/Suggestion Form to alert or query anything posted in it including my action here of closing it for now.

Cheers

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join