It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troops burn copies of the Koran - deadly riots spread across Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

while I agree with you, I must stress that they need to ask first. They need to do what they must first. We can't do the work for them and then ask them to be grateful.

The truth is WW3 is too dangerous a proposal to play with no matter the ideals we think we would be defending. It is a species ending event. Extinction. I think they will be worse than not free, they will be glass.

Let them do what they must. We can offer other forms of support. We do not need to send our people to die for ungrateful foreigners. We need the cash at home too. We need the youth at home. Healthy and strong. Another generation of vets with psychological problems would set us back farther than what we are already.

I support the Iranian people in their struggle for democracy. When they achieve it, I think we could establish a mutually beneficial relationship. I don't think that destroying their country would help them really.

International pressure and diplomacy. Those are our real options. The world needs a world government, but not one that simply sends a military presence here or there. We need to establish world law. Not a world police force. NATO and the UN are a bunch of (expletive) we need real world cohesion not a farce of criminals and liars.
The US can't be the sole force and provider. We need a equal role along with everyone else. They need to do their part.

I don't think our greatness lies in liberating anyone, it rests in our greater freedom and prosperity at home. The beacon of light we once were. That is our triumph over the darkness of uncivilized man.

just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You forgot a few words there

American and Us military that have been bashed endlessly in thousands of threads on this site.

The America hate board that out numbers any other topic on this site.

edit on 23-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Both sides are wrong here if you ask me.
They were using the Koran to pass messages. Should they have burned it...no...should they remove it from the offenders....yes. Was it worth the Afghan soldiers getting their panties in a twist...Yes, the book may not have ment anything to the US soldiers but it does to many others....Did they deserve to die for it...Hell no! If we killed people every time anyone did something to offend another the human race would be long gone. They deserved some form of punishment for their actions but not death. No winners in this at all. Proof were all not that different in the fact both sides took it too far.

Add: I would love a social experiment where a story like this was presented with the names of the countries scratched out labeled as country 1 and country 2, and words like Koran or Bible scratched out and labeled holey book. Just leaving the story of the situation. I can't help but believe most people reading choose who they are defending based on who they liked or disliked before reading this story. Like I said my personal opinion was no one was justified in their actions.
edit on 23-2-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: add idea

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

honestly no,

I love my country like most people taking the time to try and stop our guys being sent to god forsaken lands to die for BS.

It is not done out of America hate. It is done out of concern. The point they/ we make is that it is just not founded in reality. It doesn't have a foreseeable end. hence, we should reconsider the world police thing.

Who asked us if we even wanted to be the world's knights in shining camo....F that. We are better serving our own. We really need the help. Our country is sinking fast and morons in power like the idea of profit from war. They can go to war if they like, we want to rebuild our country, not some ungrateful foreign power.

There is no disloyalty in trying to end an unjust war your countrymen fight for greedy bastards.

If we speak of the things we dont like about our country, its our bussiness. we arent saying like burn it down, we are saying fix it, make it better. That is not a bad thing.
edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Didn't some dude in Florida do this???

But, I think the USA needs to do this more!! :\

They burn our bible about 5990,000 times a day!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You forgot a few words there

American and Us military that have been bashed endlessly in thousands of threads on this site.

The America hate board that out numbers any other topic on this site.

Its funny you say that when i see you badhing china in alot of threads. It has
nothing to do with the american people, but to do with your government, which
lets face it, love war! I hate your government, i hate mine too.

The problem is, alot of people put government and people together. If
your government is bad, then your people are bad. People should
not look at it that way. If someone attacks my government, most of the
time i agree. But if they attack english people because they are attacking
their government, then i have to ask why.

Many people are so brainwashed by their government, its scary

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ahh.. the usual way for americans to win the hearts and minds in countries they illegaly invade...

the u.s has it down to an art form when it comes to offending people around the world.. bloody brilliant ...

and americans wonder why most of the world despise them...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Honestly yes

Come on now the dude who is supposedly from Iran is the last person who should be running around call peopling nazi's after all Persia did change their name after Hitler visited.

Read the forums before making a statement that is blatanley false as the majority of readers on this site know for a fact.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Pretty clear you haven't read a damn thing i have ever written I badmouth everyone but what the hell does that have to do with the topic being discussed?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Of course these third world animals
are going to look for ANY excuse
to go on murdering rampage..

I would like to see the proof
of the Korans being burnt.

For all we know this is more
anti-American propaganda
only made for fueling hate
and killing infidels.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't understand. what did I say that is false. It was my opinion. We don't like to see our people die. Is that really that crazy?

We don't think it benefits us, are we that far off?

Who here is from Iran?

We had that one Iranian kid once for like 30 minutes on some random thread. that's it.

edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Pretty clear you haven't read a damn thing i have ever written I badmouth everyone but what the hell does that have to do with the topic being discussed?

You mentioned about the american bashing threads, and
i replied. Your government is war hungry, and thats what
annoys alot of people. One day, your government will go
too far, and we will all pay the price!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's hilarious from my perspective the people who have been blowing themselves up for the last 30 years who stone and behead people and who are stuck in the 16th century are WAR HUNGRY and have gone to far.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That's hilarious from my perspective the people who have been blowing themselves up for the last 30 years who stone and behead people and who are stuck in the 16th century are WAR HUNGRY and have gone to far.

You just dont get it, do you? I never said that other governments/ people
dont do bad things, because they do, and so does your givernment, simple
as that!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yeah it is simple

2 Americans who did nothing got murdered by Afghani's over a damn book and that wasn't this Government or it's people.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Will they ever learn? The Haditha massacre, Abu Grabe, pissing on the dead. Now they make bonfires of the Koran. All foreigners are now in danger due to the action of a few US soldiers. The Talban have called for the killing of all foreigners. Riots are expected to escalate after tomorrow's Friday prayers. Obama has to issue an apology. Didn't he do that after Terry Jones threatened to burn the book? And how many innocent people were killed following that incident? Will they ever learn? Seems unlikely!

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104801/Afghanistan-Koran-burning-protests-Effigy-Black-Dog-Obama-set-alight.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think it was stupid for them to burn the book, very disrespectful considering they are in a country that was illegally invaded.. but honestly.. why do we need to limit our choices around religious fundamentalists.. do we riot when they burn our flags, or execute Christians? No..

They burn the U.S. flag in NYC near the WTC.. and you don't see Americans flipping out (even americans who believe 9/11 was created by Muslims)..

edit on 2/23/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
It is not just any book, it is sacred.

Imagine if Americans decided to go on murderous killing sprees,when the American flag is burned. Many believe the Flag is sacred.Would that be justified in your book ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah it is simple

2 Americans who did nothing got murdered by Afghani's over a damn book and that wasn't this Government or it's people.

LOL! I never once said that this was justified! But if its true about burning
the book, then thats just stupid. Not your government, not all your soldiers,
and not the american people. Just the people who done it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah man 1000's of Flags have been burned over the past 30 years do WE kill anyone over it?

No.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join