It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troops burn copies of the Koran - deadly riots spread across Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i cannot help but think this was done on purpose.,

Here is where I am getting this at

nato/the west discuss intervention into syria, with turkey and italy too.
Burn Koran to start crazy riots and increase violance
The west stays in the M.E for longer due to violance that they provoked,.

In the end, israel is protected
edit on 23-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
It is not just any book, it is sacred. Plus this would not have happened if we weren't raping murdering and pillaging in Afghanistan.

You know what people should consider more sacred than a book?

Life.

The Afghan people live in a hopeless warzone, and have been for some time. Blood is shed constantly every single day there, and death can come at any time. Their religion brings them faith to survive... and then American soldiers burn their religion.

Religion is life to these people.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

yea and before the americans were there the taliban was fighting the russians, who i would bet also burned there holy book,

just because there is a conflict going on over there doesn't give them the right to kill over a book no matter how sacred it is to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

and then American soldiers burn their religion.

Hopefully the American troops who burned the Koran will sleep well tonight, knowing that they achieved something... never mind the fact that their own men died because of their actions.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is such disheartening news. Only read the Op and few posts down, but wow, wanted to lend my support to bring this into the light as the repercussions may have grave consequences. I feel heartfully sorry for the starving/freezing children and people right now. Lord help us all.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Right and it may be the only thing keeping them alive too, it is so important to them in every way. You know, America stands behind all religious faiths, this was really poor and hateful judgement.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

In my opinion that book is evil in the way it influences people, I would almost call it satanic ... burning it is a good solution ... it is poison to the human mind as evident in so many cases.

Book burning is usually not a good thing, but for that book I'd make an exception.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Jesus Christ what a bunch of dumb asses.

We need to get the hell out of there. What the F is my country doing there. Those soldiers are showing signs of stress and mental instability. Its Vietnam all over.

For the love of Christ. Bring our guys home. WTF

on a side note, I would sit the smart asses down and make them write the letters to the families of the US soldiers who lost their lives because they like inciting violence.

Burning the Quran, pissing on the dead, do they want their fellow Americans to suffer so they can play GI JOE.

I get they are under allot of stress, but come on, you know that will come back and hurt your own people. It's not like they don't have enough to deal with already.

F

edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Tifozi

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
It is not just any book, it is sacred. Plus this would not have happened if we weren't raping murdering and pillaging in Afghanistan.

You know what people should consider more sacred than a book?

Life.

The Afghan people live in a hopeless warzone, and have been for some time. Blood is shed constantly every single day there, and death can come at any time. Their religion brings them faith to survive... and then American soldiers burn their religion.

Religion is life to these people.

You CAN'T burn someones religion! Their religion is NOT a book!

So if things can't be printed they have no meaning? the paper and ink should not be an issue, they are replaceable. I could see it is there was only one copy of the bible or the Koran...well actually I still could not see taking a life against the teachings of your religion for that either!

People know so little about Afghanistan here, there are tourist, there is beautiful lake resorts, they are not all living with daily death and bloodshed. Look into it..

edit on 23-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

yea and before the americans were there the taliban was fighting the russians, who i would bet also burned there holy book,

just because there is a conflict going on over there doesn't give them the right to kill over a book no matter how sacred it is to them.

Yeah, the Russians resorted to psychological torture when their "occupation" wasn't working out. Why Americans never assumed it would happen under their "liberation" is a mystery.

And do you really believe that they are killing for their book? As if they aren't fighting for their land, culture and sovereignty? And don't confuse the Taliban with Al Qaeda either. Al Qaeda is an extremist Islamist asymmetrical militia, the Taliban were organized remnants of the mujahideen from the Russian occupation while also being Pakistan's proxy force in Afghanistan. The Taliban are more politically-oriented than religious, and just because they happen to be religious doesn't make them zealots.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I don't believe that anyone should deliberately antagonise Muslims, but at the same time, I'm becoming tired of their attitude. Implying that non-Muslims cannot burn the Qu'ran, is implying that all non-Muslims are actually required to live under at least some elements of Islamic law. If it was any other religious text in existence that was burned, this sort of rioting and unrest would not happen.

Muslims do not rule or own the entire planet. They need to stop behaving as though they do, or should. Part of me thinks that when this happened and Muslims rioted outside the NATO base, that rather than apologising, the NATO commander should have said that if Muslims were going to riot there, he would shoot the lot of them. The non-Islamic world should not always allow itself to be intimidated.

Muslims do that because stupid Christians let Muslims do it, all Christian countries bend over backwards to placate the rabid Muslims, read how Christians on this site get hysterical when Muslims are 'picked on' no one minds the Muslims and their Christianphobia.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by petrus4
I don't believe that anyone should deliberately antagonise Muslims, but at the same time, I'm becoming tired of their attitude. Implying that non-Muslims cannot burn the Qu'ran, is implying that all non-Muslims are actually required to live under at least some elements of Islamic law. If it was any other religious text in existence that was burned, this sort of rioting and unrest would not happen.

Muslims do not rule or own the entire planet. They need to stop behaving as though they do, or should. Part of me thinks that when this happened and Muslims rioted outside the NATO base, that rather than apologising, the NATO commander should have said that if Muslims were going to riot there, he would shoot the lot of them. The non-Islamic world should not always allow itself to be intimidated.

Muslims do that because stupid Christians let Muslims do it, all Christian countries bend over backwards to placate the rabid Muslims, read how Christians on this site get hysterical when Muslims are 'picked on' no one minds the Muslims and their Christianphobia.

I don't know about you, but I've seen the Christian nations kill millions more than the moslems in the past decade.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think the problem is that when you preach the evils of anything people carry out that message. Somewhere along the line someone told those soldiers that Islam was evil and so when they threw those books into the fire they thought it was OK. They forgot they were professional soldiers and became as extreme as their enemy.

That is the danger of calling an entire people or religion evil. People will act on it.

It is why I am on like every thread about this I can be. It is a real danger to me. Not something I have dreamed up. In NY after 911 I saw some terrible things done to normal people who weren't even Muslim.

I have seen hate kill people. People need reason not some ranting lunatic demonizing whole groups at his whim. People like that get others killed.

You have to curb your enthusiasm or you risk being part of the violence people feel ok in doing.

It is not ok to say Muslims are bad or Christians or Jews. Not because of some retarded PC isht. You should be mindful because it can kill people.

Like those Americans realized after their lives were cut short. Not because they were defending something. But because a bunch of retards decided to have some fun and act out what they were told.

It's not polite to be PC, it is sane not to be a monkey. Think, learn to understand people and reason with them. Writing them off only makes you an accomplice to ignorance, and the death that can cause.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
I'd burn them Too And I would burn every other religious book like the Bible and every other book dedecated to a false god or prophet.
Religion and the followers of religious writings have been the cause of countless wars and billions of deaths since the day that they were written.
The sooner we destroy such books, the sooner we would all get along and the wars will stop.

BURN ALL RELIGIOUS BOOKS.
BURN, BURN, BURN.

edit on 23-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

You dont get to dictate what people think, read, or believe in........

People like you scream because of "intolerance' Then you turn around and are intolerant yourselves because it doesnt "fit" your view.....

I wonder if people with this mindset see their own hypocrisy
edit on 23-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

im not confusing the taliban with al-queda, they are not more politcally motivated then religiously

they still preach everything that radical islam preaches, the killing of infidels, oppression of women and homosexuals. they never did anything to try to better themselves and take there country out of a 3rd world state

they are just like the radicals who murdered the cartoonist in the netherlands, the muslim religion is a radical religion that preaches death and violence, yea there might be good muslims out there, if so why havent they stepped forward and tried to do anything about the way people preach, why havent they tried to shed a good light on there religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some of the comments in this thread are ridiclous hell how many people in here have taken out the trash?

How many of you know what the hell was in it?

Whatever carry on with the Military bashing meanwhile in the Middle East where they are killing christians and burning their churches

Oh wait don't hear anyone condemning those actions hell Iran the Islamofascist theocracy is getting ready to execute a guy for converting from Islam.

Oh the horror the horror some book got burned compared to those who are rioting and shooting Americans when they stone,behead, and make women have 5 witnesses to prove rape.

Seriously pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

ugh, the wheel of crap I put myself in.....

he was protesting the new law mandating Islam in all schools. he was arrested for protesting, not for being a Christian. They are using religious law to execute him on trumped up charges because the civil court ruled he was innocent. twice. once in 2006 when he was accused of the same thing. and again now since it is in their constitution to allow religious observance that is not Islamic.

not anti Christian in Iran, just a brutal dictatorship against democracy which is what this man was protesting about like all the other rebels that were part of the electoral protests in 2009-2010.

oh and he was never a practicing Muslim. they say his ancestry was Muslim, not him personally.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pilot70
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

In my opinion that book is evil in the way it influences people, I would almost call it satanic ... burning it is a good solution ... it is poison to the human mind as evident in so many cases.

Book burning is usually not a good thing, but for that book I'd make an exception.

I would include the chirstian bible in the fire too. Men that book is scare... burn, kill, eternal suffering right and left I would almost call it satanic.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

I wonder what kind of mind set it takes to sit there and burn the Sacred Text of an entire culture? I wonder what they have seen to make them act this way? What have they been told by their commanding officers? How were they raised? How do they really feel about Honor, Integrity and Courage? All we can really do is wonder and we may never have the answers because it might differ from one "Burner of sacred law" to another. Perhaps one common aspect to these individuals is the existence of ignorance. I give thanks and respect to all the men and women who serve in in the U.S Armed Forces, however, I pity anyone who possesses this extreme level of ignorance. Don't come to my party, access denied.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Regardless what the official story was it was done on purpose to incite some violent attacks from would be terrorists so a war can be "justified". They want something small, psychologically scary, and easily contained, like a powerful suicide bomb on US soil. If the goading fails they will proactively do a false flag before JUNE.

The BS is so thick now, and the motives so obvious, that i cannot believe they are trying such desperate measures! Haven't they thought, what if the goading gets them to attack with a virus, an uncontrollable deadly disease?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join