It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troops burn copies of the Koran - deadly riots spread across Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Were afgahnies burning american flags before the tards invaded to steal all their dope and oil and rape their children?
no
this was done to provoke a reaction by TARDS who couldn't be more pathetic and cowardly if they tried
the same tards who whacked Pat Tilman for intending to tell the truth, and tried to blame it on the taliban
(oooops BUSTED!)
PS the same TARDS analy probing American children at airports and soon to be in a mall near you

and then to blame the victim....?
wow quit smoking glue, your vision will clear eventually.
oh hell, who am I kidding ...no it won't

"you can't fix stupid" - Larry the cable guy
edit on 23-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Like the Taliban were experiencing difficulties in recruiting new soldiers.
The funny thing is the guy who killed the 2 US troops was an Afghan soldier,i.e American ally (according to OPs link)... I hope not too many Afghan "allies" hear about this.

I gather they too are muslims and dont take Koran burning very lightly. I'd hate to be an American soldier working next to them.
edit on 23-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
It is not just any book, it is sacred.

Dude relax, Its just a freaking book.
A ficticious book.
There is nothing sacred about it.

Plus this would not have happened if we weren't raping murdering and pillaging in Afghanistan.

Bull**** it wouldnt have.

Remember Salman Rushdie????

His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses (1988), was the centre of a major controversy, drawing protests from Muslims in several countries. Some of the protests were violent, in which death threats were issued to Rushdie, including a fatwā against him by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the Supreme Leader of Iran, on February 14, 1989.

Link
en.wikipedia.org...

So yes this would still happen if they weren't raping or murdering or pillaging.
You cant even draw a picture of The Self- proclaimed prophet mohammad without the extremists muslims wanting to kill you.

edit on 23-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

funny Patraeus said there were only about 100 american national security adviser Bryzynzki created Taliban in all of Afghanistan, so I guess the Taliban needed some help recruiting....THANKS AMERIKA!

ps

Fallen Soldiers' Families Denied Cash as Insurers Profit

www.bloomberg.com...

oh wait! im an investor ...burn them books baby! burn!
edit on 23-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

the most ignorant comment I've read today.
it's because people like you the world it's f.cked.
Religious extremists are the real threat, Christian.Muslim,Jew (zionist) atheist zealots must be annihilated.

moderated and true religion it's what the world need

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looks like it's all going wrong for the Yanks.

Their President is apologising to the Afghans and appealing for calm. Two US soldiers shot dead, riots stirring up...

I would NOT want to be a Yank in Afghan right now ...

--

I know there's a ton of idiotic moves in the last few year, but this has got to be one of the most backwards.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Darwin Awards come to my mind

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Not wanting to be a Yank right now"

Like them being in Afhganistan with people wanting to kill them every day which they have wanted to do for the last decade.

Yes an Afhgan soldier killed 2 Americans over this who had nothing to do with it those were prision korans which the MILITARY allowed them to keep.

The fact was they were using the koran other than it's intended usage so who there has disgraced the koran?

They did.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
A good reason I don't support the troops in spirit.

I was told they did not even know they were in the junk burned.

This is what comes of people worshiping a piece of paper instead of the ideas inside.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Tifozi

Those people who were killed were occupiers and oppressors, they deserved it.

Those people killed were our children. The boys probably that joined the military hoping to proudly protect their country! They may have had not other option from a poor family to have a future off welfare.

How can you say they deserve to die because their stinking leaders make decisions that they must obey or be court martialed.

Where is your heart to say someones kids deserved to be killed.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Tifozi

I would like to meet you face to face and have you say that in person.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
im done with people saying the muslim religion doesn't preech violence

this is a prime example of how the muslim religion does infact preech violence and death

my prayers go out to the families of the soldiers who were killed

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It was an ignorant thing for the soldiers to do, but the Army is not the nation's best and brightest. What is likely to have happened was an order to dispose of the books. That means trash to a soldier. On a military installation in Afghanistan trash goes to the burn pit. In the burn pit they often have Afghan's working, and they almost daily search the pits for any items of value. Some local may have found some "unburned" copies.

I have not read any reports on what happened but that's just my preliminary guess.

The actions of the few idiots over the past 2 years has been extremely destructive. However the over reaction of people who feel "god is on their side" never ceases to amaze me. Some books get destroyed, and instead of burning bibles in retaliation they start killing people. Way to "one up" the US military.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

they desvered it huh, thats a pretty bold statement, you love to see american service men die don't you its gets you hard doesn't it

no one deserves to die over a book, thats why they were killed because the muslim holy book got destroyed by being burnt big ****ing deal these two deserve to have lost there lives because of it i don't think so

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

this is a prime example of how the muslim religion does infact preech violence and death

Hold on a second. Perspective.

If someone starts burning your possessions after slaughtering your neighbours and cluster-bombing your villages, are you saying you'd react differently.

Get a grip.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

reply to post by Tifozi

Don't let him bother you. He is not worth the effort just an internet warrior hiding in mommy's basement.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by caf1550

Hold on a second. Perspective.

If someone starts burning your possessions after slaughtering your neighbours and cluster-bombing your villages, are you saying you'd react differently.

Get a grip.
Oh yeah, because there was no terrorism before 2001. Get real. These are senseless animals. They worship killing and murder. They dress their in bomb vests and celebrate when they murder innocents. If their daughters get raped or just want to read they kill them. Animals pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockledr

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

reply to post by Tifozi

Don't let him bother you. He is not worth the effort just an internet warrior hiding in mommy's basement.

True, but I have friends over there. So I would like to introduce him to a little dose of reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

there religion preeches that all non muslims are in fact infidels and should either be converted or killed

and two of my brothers in arms got killed because of there preeching because a book got burned

no matter how much you disagree with our government or if your not american then your government, this should still piss you off, killing over a book, preeching that all who don't follow your teachings should either be converted or killed

telling people that if they suicide bomb an area they will be greeted by 72 virgins, brainwashing people, oppressing women, homosexuals, anyone who isn't like them, more worried about there sacred ground and there religion then actually doing anything to help solve world problems.

yea i have a problem with that and so should you

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hatred breeds hatred. Intolerance breeds intolerance. Life is a mirror and sometimes the reflection that we see of ourselves isn't what we thought it would be.

There is no context or perspective in this thread, nor any understanding. Both parties are to blame and for different reasons. The answer to these problems isn't as simple as getting rid of entire populations because of religious beliefs (regardless of your view of that belief). If you want senseless blood shed to end, you must first work in your own home before you clean anyone elses.

Our country is run by maniacs, supported by highly powerful and influential people. Our whole system of economics is corrupt and our whole lifestyle is based on exploitation. Without understanding the reasons for blowback, war and nation building nothing will change. Without understanding the religion's tendencies and history, or the region's history we are blind men in a field of mines (no pun).

If you still believe this is about the War on Terrorism, liberation of people, mad men dictators, and people that hate freedom then maybe it's time for some deep introspection.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join