It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trapped' Illegal Immigrants Sleep On Streets Of London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Illegal immigrants riot because their cable tv doesn't include Discovery Channel

i would like to see some proof of this
thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Illegal immigrants riot because their cable tv doesn't include Discovery Channel

i would like to see some proof of this
thanks in advance

I'm afraid I may have mistaken a priso riot for an illegal immigrant detention centre riot.

Never-the-less -

www.smh.com.au...

www.freerepublic.com...

Best I can do as I have lost interest.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

"One should take these media reports with a grain of salt. The reasons for prisoner protests invariably have deeper roots."
from the very first paragraph of your first link.
and your second one looks so incredibly legit! [as well as only mentioning said riots once, and in passing]
not that it matters, now that you've lost interest
i'm sorry that the desperate plight of your fellow human beings is not exciting enough to maintain your keen attention. we will try to get by without you!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Not when they happen just up the road and I can see them for myself. No grain of salt needed and the reporting was quite conservative.

I wish you wouldn't apologise for these pigs.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They certainly get treated better if they went down to a Police station and claimed asylum.

If they are bright enough to "lose" their passports or other ID, then they will be released failry quickly with a temporary "leave to remain" ID card while their case is "processed" by an overworked Government department clogged up with hundreds of thousands of such claims, meaning the person with the new, shiny ID card is now "legally" in the UK and entitled to the full range of benefits, including housing.

They still can't legally work, but do so anyway as they have family and friends who run businesses, who coincidentally will NOT hire any indigineous Britons.

Now, I once went down the council to ask for help with my council tax bill as I was not earning enough at the time to make ends meet. I was told a flat "no" to any kind of state support all the while I was sat next to a Bangaldeshi woman with 5 kids, who couldn't speak English and was talking through a council provided "interpretor" (taxpayer funded) so she could get housing and benefits for her and the kids...

Unless you have experienced the blatant unfairness first hand, I suggest you're talking out of your arse mate when trying to get us to feel "sympathy" for what amounts to a parasitic invasion.

Interesting thought for you to mull on. The UK is short of around 500,000 new homes a year, causing price inflation making homes unaffordable for many. At it's peak a few years ago, the UK was having immigration from the EU and outside as well over 600,000 a year.

Do the math...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
shows that british have not reformed from their racist mentality.So they deliberately deny benefits to immigrants in Britain

edit on 23-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

Ah, your typical anti British nonsense... So, I assume then if I went to India, without a Visa by the way I should be entitled to collect benefits to allow me to live in a house for free, pay no taxes, get paid for every child I have and also to sit on my arse every day and not work?

If so, I agree with you. If not, you're an arse.

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by TheGreatest

Whatever happened to the Commonwealth?

Being in the Commonwealth doesn't mean freedom of travel. UK citizens even need a Visa to visit the Falklands!

Originally posted by The Sword
I don't care how many times you try to explain yourself. You are anti-immigrant and ignorant.

There is nothing wrong with being "anti-immigrant". People should not be forced to accept people of a foreign culture arriving as they please, settling their country and demanding money or changes to the way we do things ebcause it "offends" them.

Personally, I have no problem with immigrants, provided they do so legally, have something to offer and don't arrive in such huge numbers as to unbalance the social fabric of MY HOME COUNTRY.

Originally posted by Kram09
They are HUMANS and they have probably come from such hardship and poverty that you have never experienced or will (thanfully) never have to experience in your life.

When they paid £10,000 to get here? That's more money than I have ever had in my life! Don't give my BS about "hardship and poverty".

Besides, that is still no reason why we should take them in, we're not the worlds refugee centre! Shouldn't they and their own Governments be held to task for failing to improve their own nation?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have no objectionto legal immigrants, they increase our cultural diversity.
I have no objection to geuine assylum seekers, they need our help.
But illegal immgrants, the ones who sneak in, or with forged passports, should go away.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

are you talking about those things you saw for yourself
that had nothing to do with immigrants
and everything to do with prisons?

cus i'm getting confused about the relevance there.
also your inability to distinguish porcine mammals from [everybody join in now]
your
fellow
sentient
feeling
human beings

what part of this is not getting through?
have any of you absolute wastes of space undeserving of the lofty title 'scum' that i see posting here seen how people live in the third world? the vagaries and atrocities our LEGITIMATE businesses cause to the places they have to live? leaving alone the illegitimate....
can you honestly not find it in your hearts to understand even a little the plight of these people?
where they have come from and what has happened to their land
the lives that are just swallowed whole...
how can you sit there in your comfort with your education and your internet connection and your decent nutrition and judge other humans swine?

hey i've got an idea that might make discussion easier;
get off your high horse
stop thinking that you somehow deserve some sort of special treatment
just because of the stupid piece of rock you were born on
and the ridiculous childish piece of fabric your pathetic temporary governing body waves
as it declares godly granted mastery over the very colours of the spectrum

grow a heart
join the freaking human race
think about the things that
oh, i don't know, might actually be more important
than the tiny petty self obsessed hideous bubble of need you live in now
take a deep breath

and maybe talk to me then.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Instead of starting a new thread i thought i may aswell post here..... yes check this out..... more lunacy from the 'Human Rights Brigade'

www.thesun.co.uk...

And if you can't read that report, i'll post what it says:

MORE human rights for terrorists will be called for today by a quango which costs taxpayers £53million a year.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission also wants softer treatment for prisoners, illegal immigrants and gypsy sites.

It will spark fury by saying terror suspects should be treated like ordinary crooks.

The quango is also pressing for lags to be given votes and the numbers of asylum-seekers held in detention to be cut. The explosive wishlist will be spelt out in its annual review, costing at least £150,000.

The Commission, which had a £53million budget in 2010, claims the UK's anti-terror laws are too tough.

It recommends the current 14-day period during which terror suspects can be held without charge should be cut to four. It blasts restrictions on suspects such as curfews, condemns stop-and-search and says powers to ban terror groups are "too broad".

Yes, you read it right you moron..... more rights for these scum!!

Britain has surely been turned into a cesspit and given more time it will get worse until we kick these scum out!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

excuse me, did you read a single word of my post?
what makes you think i would think this is anything but a good thing?
i will state this baldly
terrorists need human rights!
because they are human.
does that make sense to you? it makes sense to me.
they ARE 'ordinary crooks'.
causing acts of terror does not turn them into some sort of demon
some inhuman monster
just like anyone who steals and murders and plots.
they are just men, driven by desperation
and/or a fervent belief
that we in the western world have.... well let's say we've not exactly done a lot to dispel this image, ne?
whatever.
they are still human and they still deserve their rights.

on reading the article again i notice it is terror SUSPECTS.
fellow humans who may have commited no crime.
well yeah, how could we possibly treat THAT scum humanely?
edit on 5-3-2012 by decepticonLaura because: fog of rage and despair

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I am myself in disbelief at the hatred in this....We are all human....all you first worlders who go into third world countries and rape their resources....build chemical plants in their countries .....so you can abuse them and use their cheap labour...so you can acquire cheaper goods for your own usage should have to be boxed up and shipped there yourselves and made to work in those same factories for crap wages.

people try to get out of these countries because they seek a better life from the very corporates who use them to further their profit margins.....This site is about denying Ignorance.....so get out of your ignorant world and realize we put in these immigration laws so that we can keep on exploiting these very people that people are showing so much hatred for in this thread......If it wasn't for these low paid abused people you would not have what you have they would do anything to exit their crap surroundings to seek out a better life for themselves...they might very well be content to stay where they were born and raised amongst family and friends if they were not used by the west.

Western arrogance is disgusting......It blindly lives in it's little bubble and believes that because of where one is born that gives them the right to abuse others.....As i said in another thread.....to hell with borders and immigration....we are all human and we are all of this planet....get off your high horses and step into another mans shoes before you condemn that man.

This statement is not a rebuttal to the person i am replying to ...it is to stand in agreement with them.

I say all the power to them for being brave enough to attempt to make a change for the better in their crap lives...even if sometimes it does not always go the way in which they hoped.....also....think of the greedy employers who are willing to use these people for their own gains yet again in this country...and then hang em out to dry when their profits start to go by the wayside.....How ignorant to condemn the condemned.
edit on 073131p://f44Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How about you start blaming the Governors and Rulers of those Countries who don't look after their own Citizens instead of trying to blame us for their plight????

Britain has given plenty in Aid apparently... where has it gone? Whats it been spent on?

Why dont you take a look at the Palaces and Huge Apartments that those Rulers and Leaders live in?

When you have done this, you can come back and tell me where the Aid has gone to help the Citizens?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
just to put it straight...those elites that get talked about in these 3rd world countries are the same people being propped up by the first world nations who want them there....

i) Traditional Exploitation.

The exploitation of third world countries has evolved over the centuries. The period of colonialism1 was succeeded by imperialism and then capitalism. Whatever the system in operation the consequences have been the same - third world peoples have had their institutions and ways of life wrecked. Vast numbers of people have been slaughtered or, at best, enslaved and used as a source of cheap labour. Third world resources such as minerals, timber and Animals (whether livestock, fish, exotic Wildlife, or, increasingly, Animal genes) have often been stolen or acquired cheaply through bribery or corruption. Vast areas of land have been expropriated to grow cash crops - in the process of which tens of millions of people have been pushed off their land, many have been killed, all have been made landless, often impoverished. A wide range of commodities has then been syphoned out of third world countries for the delectation of consumers in the over-industrialized world: tea, coffee, cocoa, sugar, vegetable oils, bananas, coconuts, timber, grains, etc.. Very little of the money made from the export of third world resources has ever benefitted third world people - except third world elites which are propped up by, and beholden to, one or other of the over-industrialized nations. The third world has been exploited in every conceivable way, politically, economically, socially, culturally, materially, etc., and no country has escaped irreparable damage. Whilst some countries are recovering from this onslaught many others are currently disintegrating.

source

Don't people remember Bhopal...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

woah, when did i blame you for their plight?
what i am calling ats members out on here is their callous attitude towards their fellow humans
no specific blame is being aportioned for the state of affairs

though handily my thoughts on that tie neatly into this 'financial aid' thing....
perhaps using a system that is clearly broken, corrupt, totally destructive and failing on a global scale
is not the best way to help people

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Just to point out....the British government funds many of those same individual to stay there as they want to maintain the status Quo....Just as many governments of western society does.

Why would one ever choose to be so blind to the facts of capitalism.....Capitalism would not exist if it did not step on those whom it needs to use in order to increase the profit margins.....That is how capitalism works...and that is how a free market works.....

Capitalism is all about profiteering...it is not and cannot ever be about anything other than that or it would not be capitalism. The ideals of capitalism are grandiose just like communism....but just like communism...greed overtakes the ideals.

Man is an end in himself, and not a slave to the ends of 'society'.
Man can gain immense values from living with other men in society -- namely knowledge and trade -- if it is a human society.

A human society is one in which each man holds as an absolute: that every man is an end in himself, and that other men are not his pawns, nor is he theirs.

Or, in the words of John Galt,
"I swear -- by my life and by my love of it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Such is the credo of the rational egoist -- the independent mind -- who recognizes no authority higher than his own judgment of the truth. Such a moralist recognizes that man's life is the standard of value -- that which supports man's life is the good, and that which destroys his life is the evil.

Individualism is not opposed to man living in society. Individualism is opposed to man living in society as a slave.

source

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

are you talking about those things you saw for yourself

Yes, with my own two eyes.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

ahhh.... now read the REST of what i said since your last post.
err
third line or something?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

ahhh.... now read the REST of what i said since your last post.
err
third line or something?

Yes, I saw illegal immigrants burning buildings which my taxes paid for, while I had very little of my own money to pay for food.

You know what? If we don't have enough to sustain our lifestyle why should we assist those who demand we change it or degrade it just so they can get what they want? Every single illegal immigrant had about $20,000.00 to 30,000.00 to pay the people smugglers - I wish I could ever see that much cash in one go.

When you address me, please do so with the assumption that I am not stupid and that I know what I'm talking about through first-hand experiece. I will attempt to assume whatever you ask of me in the same context but do not ask me to validate what I know to be true from life experience.

A lifetyle and ethos has been forged in my country and I refuse to allow bleeding hearts to destroy it.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

You know what? If we don't have enough to sustain our lifestyle why should we assist those who demand we change it

if we don't have enough to sustain our lifestyle, why should we change it?
if you want me not to treat you like an idiot
then stop acting like an incredibly selfish one of just those.

do you really think they just had $30 000 lying around? that it was not a last desperate all-or-nothing bid for survival by entire family groups?
do you really think the rampant culture of greed and callousness we call the modern western world should
or even could last?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If you want Britain to look like India, then by all means, let those immigrants in.

This is not about human rights or compassion. This is about basic common sense. Sure, every country should treat illegal immigrants humanely, respecting all their human rights and provide for their basic needs for the duration of their stay. I dont like some of the dehumanising comments on this thread either.

But in the end, they need to be deported to where they came from. Because there is no human right to immigrate wherever you want, nor to milk the welfare and social system of foreign countries for what its worth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join