It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'Trapped' Illegal Immigrants Sleep On Streets Of London

page: 1
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

'Trapped' Illegal Immigrants Sleep On Streets Of London


news.sky.com

Hundreds of illegal immigrants from India are sleeping rough in appalling conditions in west London, a Sky News investigation can reveal.

Unable to find work after the economic downturn, the men huddle together against the freezing cold under bridges across Ealing and Hounslow.

A lack of sanitation and washing facilities has created squalid living conditions attracting rats, drug dealers and disease.

They are known locally as "fauji" which literally translated means "foot soldier", but in this context it refers to hard-working immigrants without an identity.

The men arrived in
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Another problem on the streets of London.... a load of Immigrants who came here to work illegally are now living on the streets in crappy conditions which bring in the vermin rats and also they are spreading their diseases around among themselves like TB which can easily be contracted by some unknowing person who has walked closeby and put his hand on a rail or tree which was touched by one of these immigrants!!

It says in the article that some paid £10,000 to get here???? How? And why pay that much to get here only to end up living on the streets? Pretty silly if you ask me....

I think our Government should just get them on a plane out of here back to where they came from where i'm sure they will find that their families have built a huge house from the money they were sending back home when they had jobs!!

This really is not rocket science or good news when it comes to health issues!!!

Another clip from article: Later they said they had paid an agent £10,000 to smuggle them into Britain and that the average wage for labouring work was just £40 per day.

They blamed low wages on the increasing numbers of migrants who enter Britain legally on student visas who then disappear into the black economy to work illegally.

Both claimed their families were unaware they were living on the streets. Both said they wanted to return to India but were unable to do so without passports.


news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
They got into the country without passports, right? They can get out the same way.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They got into the country without passports, right? They can get out the same way.


The 10,000 cost is because they had no passports.

If they did and had 10,000 they would not have that problem.

Blame their countrys for expesnive or horrible passport processes not the countrys they arrive in ILLIGALLY.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They got into the country without passports, right? They can get out the same way.


How do you know it wasn't British gov agents who took their money, gave them promises and abandoned them like this?



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   


Randeep Lall, 39, runs the Sikh Welfare Awareness Team, a voluntary organisation that donates food and blankets to the fauji every night. He told Sky News: "It's diabolical, disgusting and disgraceful. I can't believe in this day and age people can live like this. An animal wouldn't live the way some of these people are.


STFU!!! nobody owes those people ANYTHING!! if india can't take care of their own then maybe they need to scale back their ambitious nuclear and space programs.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They got into the country without passports, right? They can get out the same way.


The 10,000 cost is because they had no passports.

If they did and had 10,000 they would not have that problem.

Blame their countrys for expesnive or horrible passport processes not the countrys they arrive in ILLIGALLY.

Hell no! They broke the laws getting there. They are the criminals. They willfully engaged in CRIMINAL activity and this is the easily foreseeable result. Too bad. so sad.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan



Randeep Lall, 39, runs the Sikh Welfare Awareness Team, a voluntary organisation that donates food and blankets to the fauji every night. He told Sky News: "It's diabolical, disgusting and disgraceful. I can't believe in this day and age people can live like this. An animal wouldn't live the way some of these people are.


STFU!!! nobody owes those people ANYTHING!! if india can't take care of their own then maybe they need to scale back their ambitious nuclear and space programs.


Thats true aswell actually.... spending all the cash England send over on their own people could be a good start instead of spending it on space programs!! You're right!

And even the Government in England eed to look closely at what cash is being spent on the Olympics!! It wouldnt take much cash to pay for some passports and a plane surely.... this would be much safer than to let TB get out of control!! Those rats can spread disease pretty quickly!



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
They should be deported not locked in Prison, in prison we have the pleasure of putting a roof over their head, food in their mouths and clothes on their backs.

Put them on a boat and be done with it.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wait so they know where they are?

Scoop em up, send em back, disinfect the area. What's the problem?



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They got into the country without passports, right? They can get out the same way.


The 10,000 cost is because they had no passports.

If they did and had 10,000 they would not have that problem.

Blame their countrys for expesnive or horrible passport processes not the countrys they arrive in ILLIGALLY.


Fk them.

Sorry, but I live in a first world country and I don't have 10 grand to my name.

If these scum bag illegals have that much to throw away on illegally entering and working in a country where they now pose a safety hazard - sorry but I just do not feel sorry for them.

Tell their government to charter a boat or plane or round them up and put them on the cheapest transport home. Or, dump them at their embassy.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Best to thing to do to prevent this in future is to flood the Chunnel - won't help present levels of illegals but would help cut down future numbers.

On topic, this is a sad and sorry state of affairs for anyone to find themselves in. More humans f****** over by others in the name of profit.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 

Though I do have sympathy for some of the illegals who arrive in this country,especially those young women from Eastern Europe and the former soviet union ,who are lured here with false promises of a better life ,only to find themselves trafficked as sex slaves,In the case of the Indian illegals sleeping rough in London,i'm afraid that they need to be rounded up post haste and either kept in detention facilities or deported to their country of origin,we simply can't take chances with the potential health issues that are presented here.For example Tuberculosis was eradicated from the UK for a while,it has only become a problem again with our country's insane immigration policy.
Really it is getting out of hand here and I really can foresee a time where a "vigilante" approach to the problem is adopted,well if the governments refuse to listen there really is no other choice.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


This only proves that people should not be economic migrants, if people want to move to another country you should either have some ancestors there or are highly skilled.
Plus I don't understand why all these illegals are trying to get into the west when all our mnufacturing has gone to their countries?



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Another problem on the streets of London.... a load of Immigrants who came here to work illegally are now living on the streets in crappy conditions which bring in the vermin rats and also they are spreading their diseases around among themselves like TB which can easily be contracted by some unknowing person who has walked closeby and put his hand on a rail or tree which was touched by one of these immigrants!!

It says in the article that some paid £10,000 to get here???? How? And why pay that much to get here only to end up living on the streets? Pretty silly if you ask me....

I think our Government should just get them on a plane out of here back to where they came from where i'm sure they will find that their families have built a huge house from the money they were sending back home when they had jobs!!

This really is not rocket science or good news when it comes to health issues!!!

Another clip from article: Later they said they had paid an agent £10,000 to smuggle them into Britain and that the average wage for labouring work was just £40 per day.

They blamed low wages on the increasing numbers of migrants who enter Britain legally on student visas who then disappear into the black economy to work illegally.

Both claimed their families were unaware they were living on the streets. Both said they wanted to return to India but were unable to do so without passports.


news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)


"It says in the article that some paid £10,000 to get here???? How? And why pay that much to get here only to end up living on the streets? Pretty silly if you ask me...." this comment alone suggests you have absolutely no understanding of poverty...

seriously think about it! These people have come from poverty, probably sold everything to come to 'Great' Britain to start a better life, wouldn't you do the same if you originated from a poorer country? (i.e. risk everything, sell everything for a better life).. Judging by your post you lack any empathy..

Not to mention the whole stigma, stereotyping and sweeping statement that you have attached to immigrants (whether illegal or not)... I might get TB... They are encouraging the rat population to thrive blah blah blah....I mustn't touch anything....jeez... reminds me of the whole stigma against people with HIV in the 80's....

well done!!!

edit on 23-2-2012 by slinkey10 because: spelling



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Why is there so much #ing hatred towards immigrants on this site?

I would not be shocked if the National Alliance and other racist groups have plants on this site because I see a crapload of immigrant bashing on ATS everyday. It's hidden behind quips like yours.

I have said it before, we MUST go after the corporations that DEMAND these cheap workers if we are to fix the problem! They must be fined and in some cases, barred from doing business until they revise their policies.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Why is there so much #ing hatred towards immigrants on this site?

I would not be shocked if the National Alliance and other racist groups have plants on this site because I see a crapload of immigrant bashing on ATS everyday. It's hidden behind quips like yours.

I have said it before, we MUST go after the corporations that DEMAND these cheap workers if we are to fix the problem! They must be fined and in some cases, barred from doing business until they revise their policies.





because immigrants of this kind are ILLEGAL and have acted extremely selfishly. They bring with them viruses and diseases that pose a potential health epidemic that could kill thousands of people and to rub dirt in their face, we then have to pay to have them deported or for their accommodation in the UK and then have to pay the medical bills to have ourselves treated of the infections brought to the country by the immigrants in the first place.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It really gets me when illegal immigrants get put up in nicer places than i do for months on end, dispite giving nothing to the country AND causing other sorts of problems.

UK is weak on action against this stupid problem. Spend more of my tax money on stopping it before it happens rather than huge amounts in 'emergancy situations' treating them like royal ambassdors.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by slinkey10




seriously think about it! These people have come from poverty, probably sold everything to come to 'Great' Britain to start a better life, wouldn't you do the same if you originated from a poorer country? (i.e. risk everything, sell everything for a better life).. Judging by your post you lack any empathy..

Not to mention the whole stigma, stereotyping and sweeping statement that you have attached to immigrants (whether illegal or not)... I might get TB... They are encouraging the rat population to thrive blah blah blah....I mustn't touch anything....jeez... reminds me of the whole stigma against people with HIV in the 80's....

well done!!!

edit on 23-2-2012 by slinkey10 because: spelling


I have plenty of Sympathy and sometimes too much Empathy that i feel another persons pain but on this occassion i don't want to be picking up unnecessary illnesses just because our Government put 'Human Rights' ahead of my health and not just my health but 5 million others living in London!!

If you remember what happened during the Plague i'm sure you will agree with me on this that we cant have TB running around the streets.... coz thats what will happen if the rats pick it up!!
edit on 23-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Why is there so much #ing hatred towards immigrants on this site?

I would not be shocked if the National Alliance and other racist groups have plants on this site because I see a crapload of immigrant bashing on ATS everyday. It's hidden behind quips like yours.

I have said it before, we MUST go after the corporations that DEMAND these cheap workers if we are to fix the problem! They must be fined and in some cases, barred from doing business until they revise their policies.





Although i see what you are saying i'm only trying to see the future problems of this type of thing....

Our Border Police, Immigration Officials and Airport Staff aren't doing their job properly and if you see how many people from foreign Countries work at the Airport, you can see how illegals get through unchecked of any illnesses they may have bought with them... this is not racism!! Its concern!!

Are you blind to the potential problems if this TB gets out of hand????
And why do people like you always bring up 'racism' when its 'concern' i'm talking about?

Ok, maybe i should have said 'treat them first of any illness and then send them back'....
edit on 23-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join