It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bacteria found in British river could solve energy crisis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hey ATS, I stumbled upon this and thought I'd share it with you.

The article claims that bacteria, usually found orbiting high above Earth, can generate it's own electricity using a 'microbial fuel cell'.

This bacteria is called 'Bacillus Stratosphericus', and is thought to have been brought to the surface by atmospheric cycling.

If our scientists find a way to implement this bacteria and harvest energy from it, I believe the implications could be immense! I'm reluctant to say 'byebye fossil fuels', but it may at least give another, more reliable source of renewable energy.

Read the article, and leave a comment as to what you think the implications of this discovery could be, if any!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cheers,
Ben.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
We've had the technology to solve the energy crisis for a long time.
Don't get your hopes up.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

I don't think the technology's ever been the problem, more the amount of money our governments are willing to devote to it. Fossil fuels are a massive income for them, and I'm sure they're not willing to sacrifice that just yet.

Now that this has come into the open, they may be forced to act on it due to public pressure?

We can dream eh, thank you for your response!

Ben.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I just found another thread about this, sorry!

Mods: feel free to delete this if necessary

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
reply to post by ssupp

I don't think the technology's ever been the problem, more the amount of money our governments are willing to devote to it. Fossil fuels are a massive income for them, and I'm sure they're not willing to sacrifice that just yet.

Now that this has come into the open, they may be forced to act on it due to public pressure?

We can dream eh, thank you for your response!

Ben.

Never mind the amount of money they are willing to spend on renewable durable energysources.The government AKA TPTB are actually quite devoted to NOT spend money on it and prevent anybody from attaining these technology's. I am a firm believer that a renewable energysource was already found by nicola tesla a year or so back. that also never found its way to the public....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Hey faceoff85,

I also think we have had a sustainable, clean energy source taken from us by the government, and it will miraculously 'emerge' once all the earth's natural resources have been depleted and the government has got as much money as possible out of the system. It's such a shame!

I doubt it was developed by Tesla though, didn't he die in 1943?

Cheers,
Ben.

new topics

top topics

join