It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homs, Journalists Strike, War Propaganda Worked, Libya 2.0 Soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Deaths, global meeting put mounting pressure on Syria

CNN new edited version

Global meeting on Syria faces pressure

CNN

"The question is, what do we do?" says State Department spokesman

The meeting of the "Friends of Syria" group is "part of our ongoing efforts with our friends, allies, and the Syrian opposition to crystallize next steps to halt the slaughter of the Syrian people and pursue a transition to democracy in Syria," U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said.

More than 70 countries have been invited.

"We talked about humanitarian assistance and trying to work those avenues, cease-fires, we need to get the Syrian regime to stop the onslaught of Homs.

The death toll in Syria is edging toward 9,000, according to the opposition Local Coordination Committees of Syria (LCC).

YouTube videos corroborated by activists' accounts showed hundreds of students at the University of Aleppo marching to the campus center -- Clock Square -- and taking down the Baath party's flag, then raising the pro-democracy flag, referred to by activists as the "independence flag." It was used by the Syrian republic before Hafez al-Assad took power in 1971.

If you dont believe me that the Propaganda check out the comment section and you will see comments like

Jacob Pernula We need Jason Bourne to go in and assassinate Bashar Al-Assad.

And there a quite few other similar comments to that one i quoted
Expect this comment is quite interesting and true

You know what really happened don't you. These journalists went to suck up to the rebs and get their story. Little did they know that the rebs would use them to foster support for their side. Where were they when killed? With the rebs. Who killed them?

Did Anyone of You Here at ATS Notice Something Strange About CNN reporting?
CNN didn't report at all about al qaeda and Ayman al-Zawahri where in a video or audio he urged and showed support for the Syrian rebels.

The same way Ayman al-Zawahri has done it for the Rebels NTC of Libya.

That kind of makes you wonder as if CNN is either Protecting,Covering al qaeda until they may need them for there own reasons and uses.

The other thing that me rethink on this is that of the Friends of Syria makes you wonder what NATO has in mind you can bet its going to be a another war.

If anyone attacks the Russian Naval base in Syria that will lead us to a World War.

So now the question is who killed the Journalists? sadly i dont trust the rebels nor their claim that a shell killed them, it seems to me that the rebels are now saying shells as an excuse.

To start a war in Syria.

So what you think ATS? are we close to another Libya?

(If i placed the thread in the wrong section please move it sorry if i placed it in the wrong sub section)
edit on 23-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
for some time I was actually thinking that all these Syria - Iran thing (propaganda) will not turn into actions but after everything that happened in the last few weeks and with the "news" coming every day...

we could be on the way to another war, possibly a world war.

people ask for it, you need to give it to the people, no?

super

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Yes i agree with isn't strange though? almost everyday now every twice a day do we wake up to hear the claims from the Syrian opposition is shelling there own people every day?
sadly i dont buy there claims.

We all saw how the huge mess was Libya didn't we?

The other thing to remember we still dont who are the the Syrian opposition first there is this group that is always on CNN calling the Syrian Government claim that its fighting the terrorists a lie? even already the terrorists have shown there support.

And i am still amazed CNN hasn't reported that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

and nobody even mentions Libya anymore...

actually, there are conflicts in Libya still happening.

media is the devil, they use specific words to describe events and they do it daily, until the hypnosis is complete.

"regime" of Syrian president and "pro-Democratic opposition"...

what a joke, sadly most of the people will buy it in the end.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
whatever people think of the media, i have major respect for these war corospondants.
R.I.P Marie colvin

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The media is the propaganda arm of the military industrial complex and they are trying to use dead americans who were in a warzone in some foreign country as justification. Never gonna happen, they knew they were in a warzone and in a different country.

top topics

join