It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Report Made by Washington.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
was just reading some random stuff and came across this

www.upi.com...

this line just stood out to me

"Japan's unfortunate nuclear nightmare provides a rare opportunity for U.S. scientists to test an infrequently needed national capability for detecting and monitoring nuclear fallout over a wide network," USGS Director Marcia McNutt said. "Had this been a national incident, NADP would have revealed the spatial and temporal patterns of radioactive contamination in order to help protect people and the environment." Read more: www.upi.com...

kinda messed up if you ask me.
edit on 23-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
kinda messed up if you ask me.

I'm missing the point here.
All I read is that the USA has a detection network, and it detected a "minimal" amount of the Fukushima radiation.
What are you upset about?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
it just sounded rude to me. kind of like saying sorry for your luck but hay at least we made out.

and how she said if it had happend here they would have kept us informed more so than now.
edit on 23-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What about the line that says " if this had been a National incident" . I thought it was a national incident. Since we had fallout all across our nation.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

"Had this been a national incident, NADP would have revealed the spatial and temporal patterns of radioactive contamination in order to help protect people and the environment."

I don't believe that for a second. This country is as much a covering up liar as Japan is any day. That sounds harsh but I have learned not to believe anything they say especially when they tell us they want to protect us and the environment.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Because, you know, our government tells us every time there is a problem with nuclear power plants:

Leaks hit three-quarters of U.S. nuclear plants

The number and severity of the leaks has been escalating, even as federal regulators extend the licenses of more and more reactors across America.

Tritium, which is a radioactive form of hydrogen, has leaked from at least 48 of 65 sites, according to U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission records reviewed as part of the AP's yearlong examination of safety issues at aging nuclear power plants. Leaks from at least 37 of those facilities contained concentrations exceeding the federal drinking water standard — sometimes at hundreds of times the limit.

While most leaks have been found within plant boundaries, some have migrated offsite. But none is known to have reached public water supplies.

And of course, that poses "no immediate threat" to public health. Except that the NAS seems not to have gotten that memo:

Any exposure to radioactivity, no matter how slight, boosts cancer risk, according to the National Academy of Sciences. Federal regulators set a limit for how much tritium is allowed in drinking water, where this contaminant poses its main health risk. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says tritium should measure no more than 20,000 picocuries per liter in drinking water. The agency estimates seven of 200,000 people who drink such water for decades would develop cancer.

new topics

top topics

join