It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO / Foo Fighter - Anzio (Italy) - July 23, 2004

page: 1
18
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hello guys, this is my story about a possible "UFO / Foo fighter" near Anzio, Italy.

On the evening of July 23, 2004 i went to my grandparent's house (near 7 PM or later i don't remember) to celebrate the birthday of my cousin.
I had brought my Digital Camcorder to shoot maybe some time during the day.
At about 8:20 (if I remember correctly) we got to talking with uncles and other relatives in the garden.
Around 8:30 I sat next to an aunt and i had the Digital Camcorder near my shoulder.
A few minutes later i look at the sky and i realize that there is a small star. As the sunset was close, i thought it was Venus.
A few minutes later, however, i turn around and i notice that the "star / planet" has become 3-4 times larger and brighter than before!
I remain shocked at the beginning, because i had never seen anything like that, so I turn on my Digital Camcorder and the situation becomes even worse (for me) when "The Star" starts moving in the sky. At the same time turned my video camera the object began to move.
so I chilled the blood, because it seemed as if the object observing me.
I had to zoom in digitally (perhaps also coming to 400-500%) because the object was not very big and probably very far.
After 29 seconds the object has disappeared slowly down and behind the vegetation (compared to my perspective).
After that, i have not recorded anything, I held the video camera turned off to prevent discharge of the batteries.
If I had never filmed this object, however, I would not ever talk to anyone.
I looked up the sky until 10:30-11:00 in the evening, hoping to see the object.
The only thing I noticed is that maybe around 9:30 to 10:00 pm or maybe later (I have no video recording, so the memories are vague) I saw a bright object appear above my head (perhaps miles) and disappear (as if he had gone through the atmosphere or something) after 2-3 seconds.
But i don't have movie for this sighting. Maybe it was a satellite (I do not think it was a meteorite, because it moved very slowly), although the movement was very slow and very strong light. Too bad it lasted so short, so I doubt it.
So, i'm sure it's not an airplane, it's not an helicopter and it's not a chinese lanterns (because at that time, there's no chinese lanterns near Anzio.
Anyway, from 2010-2011 i've starting to see it near Anzio and it looks totally different for movements and lights respect my "Ufo/Foo fighter". So, i'm sure... it's not a chinese lantern).
Maybe could be a "Ball lightning", but i don't know if it could change light and size. Stop in sky for minutes and starting to move. I don't know. I never seen a light like that, REALLY, REALLY STRONG LIGHT (like a star, different from a typical artificial light).
I've a theory about this object. I don't know if is terrestrial or extraterrestrial phenomena, but if it was stop in sky like a star, and after some minutes is bigger and brighter than before... maybe it was charging from sunlight?
It moves because i've starting to recorder or not?
I don't know, a lot of strange coincidences.

Thanks and sorry for my english.


Date: July 23, 2004
Time: 8:39 PM (CET +1 = Paris, Berlin, Rome)
Place: Near Anzio, Italy
Info about Object: Initially i think it's a star (small and stop in sky).
After some minutes, it seems a really big star (oversize), not blinking or change color.
Moves slowly (for me), up, left, right and down.


Google Maps:








Here's a good quality from You Tube - August 11, 2008, but I suggest to download the file in .AVI (110 MB), before comment my video.



Here's a Downlodable version in .AVI (29 secs - 110 MB). I suggest to download this version, before comment my video.
rapidshare.com...

I've another version (360p horrible quality), for you tube (uploaded in December 22, 2006).
After some years a guy comment with this:



"hi. I'm from Cyprus and back in July 23 2004 I saw a huge ball of fire on the sky.
I was sitting facing south, and that object traveled from east to west (to Italy).
I remember the exact date cause we had a special party that day, I saw it while on the party dinner.
I thought it was a comet. I've keep searching through documents to see about comet activity on that day and i find nothing. i mean, it was huge, someone would see it. and now i find this. could u tell me the exact time? of the incident?"


Has he seen the same object? Unfortunatley, I think it's impossible to know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other infos:

Digital Camcorder (JVC GR-D40ek):
Model ID GR-D40E / JVC GR-D40E - Camcorder - 800 Kpix - optical zoom: 16 x (700% digital) - Mini DV - 520 lines for resolution

- I get this image from net:


MiniDV Cassette (Maxell - 60 minutes):

- I get this image from net:


- I converted the video from MiniDV Cassette to PC via a USB cable and software included in the box.
In this picture get from net, you can see the USB CD Software (black and yellow cover).


edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theitalian
 


Wow, very well documented thread. See, this is how all ufo sightings, and reports so look, maps, videos, a thorough description of location, equipment used.

Thanks mate

I will now download the vid, and have a look.

Have a flag and star so long for the effort.

vvv



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Helicopter.




All that work saving Google Maps images just to point out in which direction you saw a helicopter.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by theitalian
 


Wow, very well documented thread. See, this is how all ufo sightings, and reports so look, maps, videos, a thorough description of location, equipment used.

Thanks mate

I will now download the vid, and have a look.

Have a flag and star so long for the effort.

vvv


Yeah, better download the vid.
Unfortunately i've used digital zoom in a good part of video, and someone say to me that this is wrong.

At that time, i don't know about that.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Helicopter.

All that work saving Google Maps images just to point out in which direction you saw a helicopter.



No man. It looks like a star, small (read my story). After some minutes it was 3-4 times larger and brighter than before.
I've seen helicopter in my life, and that's not it.

Download the video and tell me if it's an Helicopter.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theitalian

Originally posted by DaTroof
Helicopter.

All that work saving Google Maps images just to point out in which direction you saw a helicopter.



No man. It looks like a star, small (read my story). After some minutes it was 3-4 times larger and brighter than before.
I've seen helicopter in my life, and that's not it.

Download the video and tell me if it's an Helicopter.


Yes, it's a helicopter. It behaves just like one.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by theitalian

Originally posted by DaTroof
Helicopter.

All that work saving Google Maps images just to point out in which direction you saw a helicopter.



No man. It looks like a star, small (read my story). After some minutes it was 3-4 times larger and brighter than before.
I've seen helicopter in my life, and that's not it.

Download the video and tell me if it's an Helicopter.


Yes, it's a helicopter. It behaves just like one.


Yeah, and someone say to me that is a bird.


However, everyone can think what they want. Waiting for other comments.
edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theitalian
 


A few us saw something similar back in 2010, in the UK. A fireball the size of a house, about 500 ft up in the air.. travelling fast until we couldn't see it beyond the buildings. We ran to a clearing and could see it travelling in the same direction, but heading for the sea. This sphere was burning like the sun, but no after trail or smoke, a sunny day, no shadow as far as we could tell from that high, it was travelling horizontal and had no signs of dropping down to create an impact. Something of that size hitting the ground would have taken out a whole town or more. But nothing! Almost a year had past and reports on the internet were gathering up about this sighting, and a search on orange fireballs revealed that this was not the only sighting in the world. The strange thing is, we were not shocked to see it, but amazed.. people are more open minded these days.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I applaud the mere fact that you recorded and tried to document as much as you did. Thank you for bringing it here to ATS for us to view.

I have one question (for now). If you were to stretch your arm out and squeeze an object between your thumb and 1st finger with some object between them, what object would that be that would completely 'block-out' the light you viewed? For example would it be the size of say a Toy Marble, a corn kernel or pearl, the eraser on the end of a pencil, a copper BB (like what goes in Toy BB Guns), or something smaller.

Thanks again for sharing the report with us.
edit on 2/23/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I applaud the mere fact that you recorded and tried to document as much as you did. Thank you for bringing it here to ATS for us to view.

I have one question (for now). If you were to stretch your arm out and squeeze an object between your thumb and 1st finger with some object between them, what object would that be that would completely 'block-out' the light you viewed? For example would it be the size of say a Toy Marble, a corn kernel or pearl, the eraser on the end of a pencil, a copper BB (like what goes in Toy BB Guns), or something smaller.

Thanks again for sharing the report with us.
edit on 2/23/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)


Let me think. I could give you some steps that could perhaps lead to better data.
Anyway, if you are ask me what object would completely 'block-out' the light, i think a pearl (but i'm not sure)... maybe more.

I could make a drawing with other measurements.


edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here:




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i dont know if this means anything but this event took place nearly exactly 60 years after the allied landings in ww2..........move to paranormal forum?



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I would think anyone from the famous Anzio, Italy would be able to recognize aircraft so I do not think helicopter. Plenty of non life changing phenomena could still have caused it but it is certainly interesting. S&F and grazie mille for the great documentation.



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mretgis
I would think anyone from the famous Anzio, Italy would be able to recognize aircraft so I do not think helicopter. Plenty of non life changing phenomena could still have caused it but it is certainly interesting. S&F and grazie mille for the great documentation.


Thank you.
I would say "yes" to the question about "helicopter".
I see almost every day planes and helicopters, so... i can recognize aircraft (military and civilian).


Originally posted by dashdespatch
i dont know if this means anything but this event took place nearly exactly 60 years after the allied landings in ww2..........move to paranormal forum?


Interesting, i don't know about that.



edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What a fabulous opening post!!

I agree, it does not look like a helicopter at all. I had a quick search just now and in the early hours of July 24th on the Island of Sicily, a man saw something strange in the sky! Maybe it is the same thing you saw?!




MYSTERIOUS FIREBALL SEEN IN MARINA DI MODICA, SICILY On Saturday, July 24, 2004, at 2 a.m., the witness, "Georgio, was talking to a friend in Marina di Modica," a town on Sicily, an island off the coast of Italy, when he saw something unusual in the sky. "A bright light caught my attention," Giorgio reported, "I saw a yellow fireball which stood still in mid-air for a second, and then it moved to the left and disappeared. I saw some kind of smoke around the fireball and a strange grey dust coming out of it. The object was not too far away." Marina di Modica is about 225 kilometers (140 miles) southeast of Palermo, the provincial capital. (Grazie a Fabrizio Monaco per questo rapporto.)


taken from here: Roundup of UFO sightings

Good on you for keeping hold of this for so long!

S & F



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineInfinity
What a fabulous opening post!!

I agree, it does not look like a helicopter at all. I had a quick search just now and in the early hours of July 24th on the Island of Sicily, a man saw something strange in the sky! Maybe it is the same thing you saw?!




MYSTERIOUS FIREBALL SEEN IN MARINA DI MODICA, SICILY On Saturday, July 24, 2004, at 2 a.m., the witness, "Georgio, was talking to a friend in Marina di Modica," a town on Sicily, an island off the coast of Italy, when he saw something unusual in the sky. "A bright light caught my attention," Giorgio reported, "I saw a yellow fireball which stood still in mid-air for a second, and then it moved to the left and disappeared. I saw some kind of smoke around the fireball and a strange grey dust coming out of it. The object was not too far away." Marina di Modica is about 225 kilometers (140 miles) southeast of Palermo, the provincial capital. (Grazie a Fabrizio Monaco per questo rapporto.)


taken from here: Roundup of UFO sightings

Good on you for keeping hold of this for so long!

S & F


Oh man !!!!


I don't know anything about that! Great discovery and thanks!


We have (maybe) to add that to this guy comment (on my old you tube video):



"hi. I'm from Cyprus and back in July 23 2004 I saw a huge ball of fire on the sky.
I was sitting facing south, and that object traveled from east to west (to Italy).
I remember the exact date cause we had a special party that day, I saw it while on the party dinner.
I thought it was a comet. I've keep searching through documents to see about comet activity on that day and i find nothing. i mean, it was huge, someone would see it. and now i find this. could u tell me the exact time? of the incident?"


One or more "strange" object in that days.
edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If other witnesses are real, we have this map (for one or more UFO / Foo Fighter).




posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theitalian
 


operation shingle a major allied invasion of mainland italyto try and break the stalemate in the italian conflict ended on june 5th 1944

edit on 23-2-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
wow it looks very genuine and well filmed. and thanks for the elaborate intro with all coordinates as such. i really hope its an alien craft.

but hey! i'm in istanbul, tr and have seen smthn similar to that in early june 2011. it was a green, extremely bright light that traveled northbound and disappeared halfway out of the blue. it was no cargo, military or passenger craft, nor a chopper or anything else as there was no sound and no aircraft would pop off and disappear in an instant. it was no iridium flare or iis as well because i checked their schedules and none were passing by at that time.
edit on 23-2-2012 by jamsession because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Star and flag for good work on documentation.
If only everyone would take the time...... just dreaming here.

Well done!







 
18
<<   2 >>

log in

join