It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think a war with Iran will unfold?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
1. Israel hits Iran first.

2. US hits Iran first.

3. Israel and US hit Iran first.

4. Israel, US, and NATO hit Iran first.

5. US and NATO hit Iran first. Israel stands down (at the very beginning).

6. Iran hits Israel first.

7. Iran hits US interests in Iraq and/or Afganistan first, then Iran hits Israel.

As I understand, China and Russia have oil interests in Iran and probably other interests as well. China borders Afganistan on Afganistans NE. Russia has only to go through Azerbaijan (and possibly the nation of Georgia) to enter the NW side of Iran.

As advanced as the West is, how is the Western military powers going to contain hordes of fighters, however unskilled they may or may not be, in the Middle East, from China, and from Russia?

Because if China and Russia get involved and the West can't keep it contained, is it far fetched to consider a massive invasion from the eastern powers into Europe?

Would China pass on the chance to jump into Taiwan? Would North Korea pass on the chance to hit South Korea? Would Argentina pass on the chance to try to retake the Falkland Islands? Maybe with a little help from Venezuela.

In a WWIII situation, wouldn't the grand prize be the resources of the United States of America?

Can this war happen with China and Russia staying on the sidelines?

What if Venezuela invites US enemies to enter Venezuela? Surely, the US would try to sink as many transport ships as they could.

In WWI and WWII, you had a few countries fighting the entire world.

But the US and Europe versus Russia, China, and the Middle East?

How does it NOT end nuclear?

And what if there is a NWO connection? Doesn't a NWO involve tearing down the United States as it exists today?

Would US citizens put their hands in the air and surrender or would they take up arms and fight back?

If there is a NWO connection, can citizens of the US trust their government to defend the US as it exists today?

These are alot of ifs on top of more ifs. But Does anybody think this is going to end peacefully?

Opinions?

And I didn't even get into the Book of Revelations and Nostradomus.

The world is about to change. Is ANYBODY ready?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
There is not going to be any "war" with Iran and the US. War? Hardly. Take them over? Conquer them? Surely. We'd turn their desert into parking lots for our planes.
And they know it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I believe Israel will strike first. I think Netanyahu is just that insane, this will drag the US into the fray, but i don't think the US will go in alone though, they will use NATO forces to have leverage against China and Russia. What happens from then on is a anyone's guess. Just my 2 pennies

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
There is not going to be any "war" with Iran and the US. War? Hardly. Take them over? Conquer them? Surely. We'd turn their desert into parking lots for our planes.
And they know it.

Who is "we"?

I am not your "we". Or do you again, like most here apparently, think there is only "you" in this forum?

And about parking lots: bring it on.

edit on 23/2/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/2/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Far from the truth. You do know the country of Iran have studied US techniques for the past decade and have built there army to strategically defend themselves against the USA and nobody else? They do not have a defence plan for Israel. They laugh at them.

Dont under-estimate them. They are not Iraq and Afghanistan. They are both of them but with the addition of decent weapons and allies. They are waiting for yous.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I see Iran striking Israel first which is crazy because wasnt it Nostradamus that said ww3 would start with an attack on Israel? I see Iran and the US going at it from there startong slow but picking up steam steadily. Im not sure how but I believe Syria will fit in to this conflict and Russia and China will become involved from there on out. I hope Im wrong but it just seems that things are about to go up in flames. Not too long ago I had a dream of a US ship on fire near Syria. If that happens then Ill be sure of all I wrote here.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ADMX101

I think Israel will strike first and then will be forced to maybe use nukes because from what I have seen over the last 5-6 years, without US help they will not last against Iran and anyone else who decides to seize the moment. Iran will not strike first. When have they?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You missed point 8.

8. War will not unfold and is not inevitable.

This will be much to the annoyance of those on ATS who have been predicting imminent war for some time now. Soon people will begin to realise that (a) Israel is too far away to prosecute a war with Iran - even if they wanted to – with an Atlas being a handy reference source. (b) The USA has nailed its colours to the “international action” mast and will be content to play the long game and watch Iran fall to pieces from within. After all, with so many autocracies falling in the Middle East, why stop progress with a war? (c) The low-level conflict will continue as ever with Iran using their proxy terrorism and perpetuation of hatred and the West will spoil Iranian alleged ambitions to create the Bomb and contain them.

There may be the odd skirmish, but not war.

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Sorry, but I truely believe it is just around the corner. Sanction them all you want, it will not stop them in the East or in Russia. Someone will be forced to bomb them when they realise the sanctions did not work. Its as simple as that.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Iran should be entitled to engage in nuclear power the only country to have ever used a nuclear weapon in defense? Is America, I think that with everyone having nuclear weapons it safeguards everyone it's sort of like defecating in the bath after you had just cleaned yourself the same goes for using nuclear weapons the whole world is our backyard and there won't be much left to gain when the whole world is laced with nuclear material seriously the quality of life post war isn't going to be very good...I guess they can only learn from their mistakes...come what may. If Israel showed their hand it would mean a lot as they are part of the iaea's program.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Romney, Gingrich or Santorum getting elected.

If one of those clowns gets elected, not just a war with Iran, but a world war. I say this because the US is at the center of attention along with Israel for hating on the Iranian people.

If the elections are not rigged, then it's going to be blood on the hands of the majority in the US who voted for those clowns. If it's rigged, it's inevitable that alot of people will die on both sides of the field.

It's a guess. But one with an argument to back up, the reasons are clearly there as anyone should know who has been following the debate's. Either way, vote for these muppets and it's game over

That is of course, if Iran continues to play the game properly as they have done for the past several years. No doubt Israel will try to stage more attacks/bombings with brainwashed Iranian dissidents as encourage for the UN/NATO puppets to intervene, which obviously would spark a retaliation and lead to war.

Could be right, could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Easy question :

Israel strike Iran first.

There is something that might see the war ENDING with Israel or US striking Iran.That "something" is Syria.
The chances for a military intervention in Syria are rising, and are probably bigger than a chance of a israeli trike on iranian nuclear facilities.

This will lead to : Syria / Hezbollah striking Israel, because what better chance for Assad to survive even a limited military intervention (that will inevitable strenghten the rebels, facing Assad with a BETTER armed FSA)?
This will lead to Isarel striking back at Syria / Hezbollah, promting EITHER an iranian strike against Isarel OR an iranian strike against west (probably terror attacks, less probable hits against US ships in the gulf).
Maybe Iran will not intervene in the Israel - Syria / Hezbollah conflict, but they will KNOW that after Syria they are next, so a preemtive strike will be logical.But hey, they might not do it

As for those who think the war is not an option...look at a map.Israel is tiny, and there is NO NEED for 2-3 nukes to hit it, all it needs is IRAN providing a nuclear umbrella for Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas to do the job.
Israel have a mighty military...BUT they will have NO COUNTRY left to rebuild after a missiles strike (which will be in tens of thosands of missiles) from Syria / Hezbollah / Hamas.

Israel is faced with a war NOW,a war that might win it, or a war LATER, a war that will probably lose it.

Its not hard to see what will they choose.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

How do you think a war with Iran will unfold?

First, I think there is a good case for saying that Iran actually WANTS Israel to attack them. It fills so many needs in any effort to not only win a war, but to hammer down public opinion and fulfill their religious prophesies. And it is really difficult to imagine Israel missing this so... a lot of the sabre rattling coming from Jerusalem is more intended to focus world attention on Iran and their nuke program, than to signal an actual attack.

Countering all of this has come the US/Euro plan to stop buying oil from Iran and isolate its remaining economy. This has sort of blunted Iran's effort to goad Israel into an attack. It's also put Iran into an offensive posture as a sole course of defense; the shut-down of the Strait of Hormuz. This would be seen as the opening salvo of conflict and place Iran as the aggressor and any response as an attempt to reestablish free access to an international waterway.

It really is a game of chess.

My personal opinion is that is likely how it will begin... with the blockade of that strait and an international coalition to reopen it by force, which will lead to rapidly escalated hostilities with Iran across the whole region. And perhaps like it played out in Gulf War 1, Israel will sit by, take missile hits and casualties without really becoming directly involved. This will keep other Islamic nations from feeling obliged to join what Iran will no doubt tag as a Jihad, or holy war.

That's the unfolding that I see just ahead... and maybe pretty doggone soon. Somewhere between 30 to 120 days for the opener.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The same way every war unfolds.
It will unfold with countless amounts of Innocent civilians dying, followed by countless amounts of young soliders dying following orders from their elders.
And 50 years later we can all do it again.

Isn't war just grand?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I believe Israel will manufacture and strategically place some sort of evidence that will convince Iran that they are about to be attacked by the US. At the same time, they may also provide the US with intelligence that suggests Iran is about to attack. With both sides then on a hair-trigger, Israel will cause something to happen that will induce the Iranians to attack a US ship. The US will then counter-attack and within a span of a short time the S will HTF. I can't see Israel outrightly attacking Iran. Too much political liability. They need the US at the center of this to take the heat off.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Romney, Gingrich or Santorum getting elected.
If one of those clowns gets elected, not just a war with Iran, but a world war. I say this because the US is at the center of attention along with Israel for hating on the Iranian people.

If the elections are not rigged, then it's going to be blood on the hands of the majority in the US who voted for those clowns. If it's rigged, it's inevitable that alot of people will die on both sides of the field.

So who do you suggest for the POTUS?

Wars have been waged in the past regardless of the political party representation of the POTUS.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I really dont see America starting the war, they might finish it, but firing the first round, NO, Now Israel is a whole different ball game, they have twichy fingers and are very paranoid of Iran, and rightfully so, after being threatened to be wiped off the face of the earth. China and Russia dont want a war either, they are much happier right now with growing friends in the region, growing economies, and they are just using there military as a scare tactic for Israel and the west. Dont get me wrong, this could turn violent tommorrow if either side wanted too, I guess its going to come down to which Nation actually has the Balls to say No more war, lets talk about an Iran with Nuclear energy, Not a bomb, I would be Ok with that, Hell Israel, Pakistan, India, China, Russia, North Korea, UK, and the US all have Nuclear bombs and Nuclear energy, and there was No war for those nations seeking Nukes, Why are they so Hell bent on Iran, is it because Iran is the last powerful nation in the region, that controlls most of the worlds oil, I think so, and I think the western nations cant stand it, and want the Iranian nation controlled from within.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Easy...i dont see it unfolding period.

Originally posted by Genfinity
1. Israel hits Iran first.

2. US hits Iran first.

3. Israel and US hit Iran first.

4. Israel, US, and NATO hit Iran first.

5. US and NATO hit Iran first. Israel stands down (at the very beginning).

6. Iran hits Israel first.

7. Iran hits US interests in Iraq and/or Afganistan first, then Iran hits Israel.

As I understand, China and Russia have oil interests in Iran and probably other interests as well. China borders Afganistan on Afganistans NE. Russia has only to go through Azerbaijan (and possibly the nation of Georgia) to enter the NW side of Iran.

As advanced as the West is, how is the Western military powers going to contain hordes of fighters, however unskilled they may or may not be, in the Middle East, from China, and from Russia?

Because if China and Russia get involved and the West can't keep it contained, is it far fetched to consider a massive invasion from the eastern powers into Europe?

Would China pass on the chance to jump into Taiwan? Would North Korea pass on the chance to hit South Korea? Would Argentina pass on the chance to try to retake the Falkland Islands? Maybe with a little help from Venezuela.

In a WWIII situation, wouldn't the grand prize be the resources of the United States of America?

Can this war happen with China and Russia staying on the sidelines?

What if Venezuela invites US enemies to enter Venezuela? Surely, the US would try to sink as many transport ships as they could.

In WWI and WWII, you had a few countries fighting the entire world.

But the US and Europe versus Russia, China, and the Middle East?

How does it NOT end nuclear?

And what if there is a NWO connection? Doesn't a NWO involve tearing down the United States as it exists today?

Would US citizens put their hands in the air and surrender or would they take up arms and fight back?

If there is a NWO connection, can citizens of the US trust their government to defend the US as it exists today?

These are alot of ifs on top of more ifs. But Does anybody think this is going to end peacefully?

Opinions?

And I didn't even get into the Book of Revelations and Nostradomus.

The world is about to change. Is ANYBODY ready?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Massive invasion from the eastern powers into Europe"

That was funny...

I bet you think the moon is made out of cheese too.

You know maybe it actually all starts with a massive invasion from Eastern powers into North America.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
False flag attack on Israel or the US. This is the way corporations get things going.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join