It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Program: Richard Dolan [Full Length]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Additionally, I have seen evidence of secret space missions which I believe are credible. ...

Please do share!

I agree! That would be awesome. I'm personally fond of the notion that there's an efficient, effective, secret space program operating out there somewhere that's continuing to push the boundaries of exploration with advanced technologies and interesting missions.

But then when I think about all the very highly educated and experienced people who would need to be involved in such a thing, about the massive infrastructure it would take, how difficult it would be for large rockets to launch without being noticed by somebody, and how curious it is that out of the tens of thousands of people working for or supplying the project not one of them has come forth to spill the beans... well...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I agree! That would be awesome. I'm personally fond of the notion that there's an efficient, effective, secret space program operating out there somewhere that's continuing to push the boundaries of exploration with advanced technologies and interesting missions.

But then when I think about all the very highly educated and experienced people who would need to be involved in such a thing, about the massive infrastructure it would take, how difficult it would be for large rockets to launch without being noticed by somebody, and how curious it is that out of the tens of thousands of people working for or supplying the project not one of them has come forth to spill the beans... well...

The bit I still don't get is how if this thing is so big how nobody has been able to reveal it yet. Maybe many of them are compartmentalised so you cut out a huge percentage right there and then, but you'd still think out of even the small percent you'd have something.

But maybe if they think their families lives are on the line if they say too much you can get a better idea. If it was just themselves, ok, but even on their deathbeds maybe many of these people (who might have been.) involved in such a huge conspiracy are thinking of those they leave behind to possibly face the consequences.

Anyway, was originally going to point out one thing in your post : you mention "how difficult it would be for large rockets to launch without being noticed by somebody", well I think Dolan is talking about a level of tech here where you're going way past large and easily noticeable rockets.

What I'd go more for would be very advanced tech launching from military bases, etc, very often, instead of big rockets from launch pads. The type of tech that doesn't even need launch pads.

But that's just what I think Dolan is trying to get across, please realise I don't fully believe any of this myself, am just trying to say what I think he's getting at.
edit on 23-2-2012 by robhines because: typos

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by Blue Shift

The bit I still don't get is how if this thing is so big how nobody has been able to reveal it yet. Maybe many of them are compartmentalised so you cut out a huge percentage right there and then, but you'd still think out of even the small percent you'd have something.

But maybe if they think their families lives are on the line if they say too much you can get a better idea. If it was just themselves, ok, but even on their deathbeds maybe many of these people (who might have been.) involved in such a huge conspiracy are thinking of those they leave behind to possibly face the consequences.

Anyway, was originally going to point out one thing in your post : you mention "how difficult it would be for large rockets to launch without being noticed by somebody", well I think Dolan is talking about a level of tech here where you're going way past large and easily noticeable rockets.

What I'd go more for would be very advanced tech launching from military bases, etc, very often, instead of big rockets from launch pads. The type of tech that doesn't even need launch pads.

But that's just what I think Dolan is trying to get across, please realise I don't fully believe any of this myself, am just trying to say what I think he's getting at.
edit on 23-2-2012 by robhines because: typos

en.wikipedia.org...

Quick point to make, these things don't need rockets to reach space and they're also pretty cheap by all accounts, making repeatable missions easy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Quick point to make, these things don't need rockets to reach space and they're also pretty cheap by all accounts, making repeatable missions easy.

Yeah was researching a bit into planes like that not so long back, and when you think of how many types of them they've tried that are publically known it kind of makes you wonder about the ones we don't know about...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The biggest problem I have with a secret space agency, is where is the tech?
Many state this has been around for a little while, so why haven't we seen some of this trickle down to the private sector?

Also, depending on how advanced it was, and what they could obtain, if we could go to other planets willy nilly, we'd be banking in resources.

It just doesn't add up.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In Reply to MainLineThis

I see you as a skeptic who once hard evidence (and only hard evidence) is personally presented to you, will go from being a so-called skeptic to an "acknowledger". You probably will never see yourself as a believer because you really don't believe in anything much. Only hard evidence will move you to acknowledging that things exist.

Regarding Dolan, he is a great researcher and provides data in a well informed manner, as does Leslie Kean. The difference is Dolan writes with a little more subjectivity and seems to have more information at his disposal than Kean.

Personally, I think Dolan needs to work more diligently on his fan mail responses and cover big-name UFO events (Colares, Varginha, etc), but who am I to complain? Overall I think both Dolan and Kean provide great service to our community and I enjoy reading their work.

Hope you at least have an experience where you see a UFO or two that will alter your thinking process, but I do respect your views on things.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Why don't you get out your armchair and start searching for the truth then

Kid, I've spent more time out of my armchair looking into this crap than you have been alive I'm betting (based on your inability to read what I have previously posted and/or comprehend it). I didn't waste my time ging to nutter UFO conventions, or reading garbage books about the same crap over and over....I was talking to the very people those books were about. Why read garbage when I was getting any info I wanted first hand, without the idiot filter applied to it by some UFO nutter?

The folks I have talked to, and still do talk to (that would give a fan boy like you wet dreams) all of these years have not led me to believe any of this crap expounded by the ignorant fools and their legeons of useful idiots on the internet everyday. Maybe if folks like yourself spent some time, years and even a little money looking into this you wouldn't fall for the latest moronic superstar that gerts attention simply becasue he doesn't sound batsht crazy at first glance.

The folks I have talked to in this field were more candid with me in my years of talking with them than they would ever be with some idiotic UFO investigator, and even after all of that...nothing. Not what I wanted to hear either, but just because I wished for a different outcome, I didn't plug my ears and scream "nananana" just becasue I can't stand to be told something I don't want to hear like most around this place.
edit on 23-2-2012 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Why don't you get out your armchair and start searching for the truth then

Kid, I've spent more time out of my armchair looking into this crap than you have been alive I'm betting (based on your inability to read what I have previously posted and/or comprehend it).

The folks I have talked to, and still do talk to (that would give a fan boy like you wet dreams) all of these years have not led me to believe any of this crap expounded by the ignorant fools and their legeons of useful idiots on the internet everyday. Maybe if folks like yourself spent some time, years and even a little money looking into this you wouldn't fall for the latest moronic superstar that gerts attention simply becasue he doesn't sound batsht crazy at first glance.

The folks I have talked to in this field were more candid with me in my years of talking with them than they would ever be with some idiotic UFO investigator, and even after all of that...nothing. Not what I wanted to hear either, but just because I wished for a different outcome, I didn't plug my ears and scream "nananana" just becasue I can't stand to be told something I don't want to hear like most around this place.

Show me links and provide proof please so I can, urm, wet myself... kid

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Our government misplacing 2.3 trillion dollars? I'll believe that. It's possible that there could be some advanced civilization here on earth or of some sort of extraterrestrial origin that could be making craft that we would call UFOs. This is not incomprehensible to me. If I belonged to an advanced civilization or group of individuals that had this technology I would be monitoring this site so I'm going to try to contact them.

HEY THERE WHOEVER YOU ARE FLYING IN THOSE UFOs, COULD YOU COME BUZZ THE SKY OVER A TOWN CLOSE TO ME SO I CAN HEAR WHAT PEOPLE SAY? YOU MAY HAVE TO BEEP A HORN OR SOMETHING SO PEOPLE WILL NOTICE YOU. THERE IS NO OPEN SEASON ON FLYING SAUCERS HERE BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE ANTLERS OR BUNNY EARS ON YOUR CRAFT.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Our government misplacing 2.3 trillion dollars? I'll believe that. It's possible that there could be some advanced civilization here on earth or of some sort of extraterrestrial origin that could be making craft that we would call UFOs. This is not incomprehensible to me. If I belonged to an advanced civilization or group of individuals that had this technology I would be monitoring this site so I'm going to try to contact them.

HEY THERE WHOEVER YOU ARE FLYING IN THOSE UFOs, COULD YOU COME BUZZ THE SKY OVER A TOWN CLOSE TO ME SO I CAN HEAR WHAT PEOPLE SAY? YOU MAY HAVE TO BEEP A HORN OR SOMETHING SO PEOPLE WILL NOTICE YOU. THERE IS NO OPEN SEASON ON FLYING SAUCERS HERE BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE ANTLERS OR BUNNY EARS ON YOUR CRAFT.

Star for that mate, cracked me up.

As with has been mentioned, with compartmentalization and a ton of secured private companies, I don't think it's so hard to believe that certain groups exist with advanced tech, for sure

And c'mon, let's be honest, would YOU want to share it?
edit on 23-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Done a search ....

Well, before investing over an hour and a half into your OP video, I also "done a search" into Mr. Richard Dolan.

Not sure what to make, now.....whether to waste the time. Perhaps the inevitable parts where he is adjusting the screen, being introduced, etc, can be skipped over? Care to boil it down, since you've watched the whole thing (I presume)?

Anyway, a bit of what research "I done":

His training as a historian is solid – he has an undergraduate degree in history from Alfred University, a small liberal arts college in New York, and a Masters degree in history from the University of Rochester, where he also lives and works.

That impresses people....but only up to a point:

With this in mind, an objective read of UFOs and the National Security State, on which Dolan’s reputation in the UFO field as a serious researcher is largely based, shows it to be nothing more than conspiracy theory masquerading as a serious historical study.

Uh, oh.

Summation:

That Dolan is considered one of the Top 100 ufologists is not surprising, given where modern ufology seems to be headed (and that’s a shame, especially when researchers like Manitoba’s Chris Rutkowski didn’t make the list). But don’t confuse him with an objective historian, at least where the UFO phenomenon is concerned. He isn’t.

Source, from a blog article...(yeah, I know, I know]....."The Other Side of Truth"

edit on Thu 23 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I watched as far as 38:00 minutes into the pitch and he was still doing background and introduction -- gotta go do real work now for awhile.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I watched about 4 minutes of one of his videos in a different thread an honestly, do serious journalist's use special effects, zooms to an expression on his face, with sound effects, sometimes a large CT word, that dissolves to a production, or in the manner of the Bob Costas late night show just sit down and discuss at length a subject in an interview, or simply support the research with footage, document, or location views without the dramatic production gimmicks?

How does one take something that uses cheap production gimmicks seriously, he's hurting his credibility trying to stress his points that way, and obviously biased points, and always that sarcasm, like we should assume the fantastic is common knowledge.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Just to thank you for the link and to note that I chased over to You Tube for the HD version... watching now.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Starred and flagged.

I'll watch the longer video soon, did begin it, but wanted to include this which offers really good sound reasoning.

The Secret Space Program (Amsterdam April 2011)

Its not logical to even assume this isn't real and the way it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

No star for you.

I also researched most of what Dolan researched. Nothing he researched is invented. He gets his stuff from articles, interviews, libraries, microfiche, etc.

It's easy to slam the man because of his mannerism but please do not slam him for what he has researched.

If you have a beef with anything, go criticize the source of the original articles and not Dolan. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

WOW, you are a very angry guy when it comes to this subject, why so angst ridden? I think that there is more than enough proof to say that there is something going on behind the scenes and its BIG, trillions of dollars BIG. To say that our airspace has never been breached by a UFO of ET origin is at this point insane, the proof is there, eyewitnesses, photos, radar, government whistle blowers, etc..I guess if your mind is that closed off the only thing that you will believe is ET on your lawn having a pint with the neighbors.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why is this so hard for some people to believe? Do you know how powerful the United States Government is? Not to mention all of the branches CIA, FBI, NSA, Etc..? It has already been shown that this government has worked as a huge organization of money launderers for some time now, they have lied, killed, stolen, you name it. Now explain to me why i should believe one word of what these organizations say? Do you really think that if they have recovered craft and technology that they would share it with you? In 1965 the NSA was 35 years ahead of the general public with technology, god only knows how far ahead of us they are today?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

You should really stop calling everyone that doesnt believe YOUR view of things morons and idiots..

It makes yourself look like one tbh..

As for the OP, pretty interesting lecture, saw it before but good to see it's on ATS now too

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Secret Space Program: Richard Dolan

I took the time, watched the video.

Two main points, if I may, in response...

1. The evidence presented for the existence of UFOs as being real, is basically the same we have seen coming from the Disclosure Movement and more importantly, the book that is likely to evolve into the UFO bible of choice over the next decade: "UFOs - Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record" by Leslie Kean

2. Dolan was like a young pilot flying in bad weather... at first, to convince his passengers he was in firm control but then, towards the end, he got a little (or more) nervous.

His evidence for the existence of aerial phenomenon, the history of its cover up and the record of official people coming forward was good, but not anywhere near unique or his to claim for his own. And when it rolled down to the so-called off-world human efforts that we don't know about, it really wasn't that good. Aside from old and worn photos of the moon and what we've already heard from the likes of Richard Hoagland, there just wasn't a lot there. In fact, I am left to wonder how many who attended the seminar felt just a bit taken.

Now, none of this is to say that what he said was untrue. But it is to say that - en masse - it was not really very original or anything a good follower of the subject hadn't already covered time and again.

In closing, thank you for the link. I would like to offer that a good reading would be the aforementioned book, "UFOs - Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record" by Leslie Kean. I do expect to see a video someday but know that it will not come close to the read

best wishes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join