It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peres to tell Obama Israel should not strike Iran soon, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Another "we changed our mind again" type statement from Israeli President Shimon Peres.

He now says that recent threats and comments by other Israeli officials are **get this** ____

"unnecessary warmongering"

Actually that may in fact be true.

He further thinks that the "Iran issue" should be handled by superpowers.

Perhaps He is realizing that Israel may not be able to handle this alone !!

Latest update 01:41 23.02.12 -- Haaretz, Israel

President Shimon Peres is expected to tell U.S. President Barack Obama early next month that he does not believe Israel should attack Iran in the near future.

Political and diplomatic officials who are familiar with Peres' positions and are helping prepare for the Obama meeting said yesterday Peres has been apprised of all sensitive information involving Iran.

unnecessary warmongering ?

But maybe other Israeli officials have already or will soon tell something else to Obama

While some Israeli officials appear to have differing stances on Iran,

I am certain they ALL know exactly what they are doing,

and they all have the same opinion and agenda

I wonder what they will really tell Obama

__ behind closed doors

edit on Feb-23-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
israel has nukes. why cant iran?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Russia has made some pretty heavy statements and direct warnings over the past couple days...and that is only the public side. It sounds like a private side with more direct language may very well have gone with it. This is a bit of a turn around for Israel. I know they have officials running around like a herd of cats in terms of staying on message....but to listen to it, they are on the eve of war over there every day right now. This sounds like a development we ought to pay attention to. Hmm..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You can't just go attack another nation unprovoked because you think they might be making a nuke.

That's a war crime. Unless you're the united states.

In fact, it's the us that's ironically provoking war by assassinating their citizens, hacking their computer systems, violating their airspace with spy drones, covert ops that are blowing up military installations, sabotage, disrupting their economy and imposing sanctions.

I don't how Iran shows such restraint. Anyone of those acts violates the Geneva convention.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Its a lie

With all the fearmongering warmongering propaganda
they have been giving us in recent yrs
I dont beleive him .. he is a trickster

He say that because his PR told him to
to give a world wide image .. that they dont really want to create a new war
edit on 2/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Peres is the President of Israel...aka, NOBODY.

As for why Iran can't have nukes and Israel can...read something else than playboy, or open an atlas.

Israel CANNOT and WILL NOT accept any ME country to have nukes.

Oh, and don't give me the Pakistan example.First, because is NOT in ME and second, because Pakistan is kept in check by India.IF Pakistan will EVER launch a nuclear missile toward Isarel, there will be 2 things happend :
-due to long distance between Israel and Pakistan, their missile will be shot down waaaaaay before hiting Isarel
-and second (and most likely in same time) India will launch a nuclear strike against Pakistan.

As why India will do that...well, since the greatest enemy of Pakistan is India, and Pakistan launch missiles to Israel, which is not their greatest enemy...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
israel has nukes. why cant iran?

Well, my neighbor has a shot gun, why can't Timothy McVeigh ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If I were Israel, a small but powerful nation, I would come to America and tell Obama that I will not attack Iran. I would say "give peace a chance". I would offer hope that Iran might change and be a respectful international nation. Then, I would go home and get all the people underground and launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Iran and destroy as much military infrastructure as I could along with a few low level EMP attacks to send them back to the sixth century where they rightfully belong.

Israel sees the US as interference and a possible threat to any strike on Iran. Once you've been in the ovens and get burned, you don't want to be going back again. Rightfully so, the Israelis trust no one for their protection, not even the USA, and especially under the rule of Barack Hussein Obama.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good cop, bad cop?

What a bunch of phonies.

I'm confident that Iran will be attacked by the month of April, and Israel's reason will be due to an upcoming false flag that no one is going to believe.

new topics

top topics

join