It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Stations Charging Nearly $6 For Gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
miami.cbslocal.com...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – If you think gas prices in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are getting out of control as they approach four dollars a gallon for regular, you wouldn’t believe what some stations are charging in Orlando.

According to FloridaStateGasPrices.com, a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, not far from the Walt Disney World Resort, was charging $5.89 a gallon. Midgrade was $5.94 while premium was $5.99 a gallon. Whether the prices are a publicity stunt to draw attention to the station is anybody’s guess. But if it was a stunt – it’s working. Word of the price spike has made headlines nationwide.

The Shell station in the Orlando area wasn’t the only one to nudge prices near the six-dollar a gallon range. A Sun Gas Express and a Suncoast Energy station in southeast Orlando on Butler National Dr are charging $5.69 to $5.79 respectively.

Ouch! $6 a gallon? That's the highest Ive heard in awhile (atleast in the US)

It was only last summer when the average was around $4, then it seemed to dip a bit, but now it is rising back up. A a little over a week ago, it was around 3.20 a gallon, and now it's 3.60. Im in the Denton, TX area.

If the trend continues, how high will it be this summer nationwide? $4.50? $5 +??? I guess the sky's the limit nowdays

ETA - Here's a related thread from a year ago in the same area. Gas Station Charges Nearly $5 In Orlando
edit on 23-2-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
wouldn't better publicity be 25 cent a gallon happy hour.

instead of being called crooks and avoided like the plague.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I think happy hour at a gas station would work well!

Gas here in the Rocky Mountain area is still at 2.95

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I heard somewhere recently that Donald Trump is predicting $7.00/gallon gas by the end of the summer (maybe spring...don't really remember).

Reflecting on current world stage events has prompted the first time I've ever agreed with Donald Trump on anything. Almost feels conservative, really.

I happened to catch a snippet of a really popular news lady (Diane something I think :/ ) talking about this on very well-to-do news show earlier tonight, and by the time they were done with the story (two minutes had passed) it had gone up another 10 cents.

Does it seem to anyone else, like they're reaction testing?

So much is coming at us from all different angles right now, it's like reading every volume of an encyclopedia at the same time.

Just waitin' for the rubber-band to snap. :/

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The perspective from across the pond buni

$6 is worth £3.81 in UK money today for a US size Gallon of car fuel.

US gallon size in liters=approx 3.78L

My local UK (Wales)fuel price per Liter= £1.35
So my cost for 1 US Gallon worth of fuel would be:

£1.35 X 3.78L=£5.10

£5.10 for a US gallon of fuel at my local !!!

That means I am paying $8.023 to your $6,and this has been happening for over a year on and off in the UK...

Arrrgggh,sorry for the mathematical rant...
I would say I am fuming about this,but I cannot afford to vent any valuable fumes nowadays.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm SO glad I don't live there anymore...

Florida has become such a tourist trap, that even the locals suffer..

top topics

join