It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teacher worked for the DOD, something scary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wanna point out something that happened last semester. I never intended to make a thread about it, but this teacher has been acting strangely lately so I decided to go ahead and make a thread.

This teacher used to work for the DOD(Department of Defense). He never said specifically what he did, but it had something to do with Psychology tests for the Military and other training programs.

Here's the scary part:

He references real-life events a lot to make his points in class. ie: "this is what you shouldn't do" and would show us Youtube videos of how not to raise kids etc.

This is where the scary part happened.
He was talking about the Hierarchy of needs. He asked the entire class if we felt safe? We have military protecting us and we are in a safe enclosed room, so we feel safe, right? When everyone responded by saying that they felt safe, he immediately said, "Are you safe? What if a 14.0 earthquake hit? Japan had a 9.0 and they are more prepared for Earthquakes than any other country in the world. If we had a 14.0, this entire classroom would be leveled to the ground."

The above is paraphrasing, but that was the idea. His tone of voice during that time was extremely cryptic, and he seemed void of any emotion or vigor. He is normally a funny, cheerful guy and makes jokes all the time. When he talked about this, it seemed as though he knew something and what he knew was really bad.

I immediately thought two weird things...

1) Why a 14.0? Cali had a 6.7 with devastating effects. Japans was a 9.0, and was one of the highest recorded earthquakes in history. A 14.0? That wouldn't even fit on the scale....
2) When i talk about "hypotheticals", i usually talk about it laughingly or jokingly. You can tell i'm being sarcastic or just thinking about random stuff. I know many people who act this way as well. Why was my teacher so cryptic when he spoke about this?

What do you guys think? He worked for the DOD, so maybe he knows something?
edit on 23-2-2012 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No. He was emphasizing a point.

That's all...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

That's all...

@ OP

I agree... It sounds like he wanted the concept of being prepared to sink in real hard. By your post and response, it's a class period you'll not forget anytime soon, right? He picked an odd approach, but the more who at least think basic preparedness the better.

I'd say he picked a 14 because it's a stupid number. Impossible. Well.. Not technically impossible, but no one would be alive to talk about it, so it might as well be. Think Elenin being all people said it could be at a 90 degree angle straight in. That would be a 14 mag quake.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by amongus

That's all...

Think Elenin being all people said it could be at a 90 degree angle straight in. That would be a 14 mag quake.

That makes this even weirder... lol

Idunno, i guess you had to be there to realize it. Its just odd. I thought he was making a point at the time, but lately he has been acting strange so that's why i made a thread about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think the teacher was being very dramatic to make a point. Sometimes people need to be taken "even by story" out of their comfort zone to learn.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

what was the point him his lecture or that part of it?
just to scare the class and make them believe they arnt safe at any given time (from earthquakes per say)

do u live near the madrid default ive heard so much about by chance?

btw the Richter scale doesnt end, 14 could fit and it could go higher tho he was probably exaggerating for effect, you probably know the damage goes up 10fold for every whole point on the scale, even a 10 would be devastating and enough to level the school to the ground

always good having your professors scare the crap out of you in class, my geography teacher did once regarding the ice caps melting within 30years
edit on 23-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
is his name mr. hyperbole?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Maybe that teacher was involved with some real Black ops stuff. Look at what Bill BROCKBRADER said to Kerry Cassidy on projectcamelot.org. If he can't talk about it at all, it was definitely a black type program he was involved in. And he probably left because he did not like what he was into.

One of the leading hypothesis is that when the earth passes the Galactic Equator in December of this year it will literally reverse direction. That would trigger a whole bunch or 14.0+ earthquakes. Or maybe some other kind of doomsday scenario like in the 2012 movie will trigger something of that nature. . If that teacher was involved in time travel stuff like BROCKBRADER or future remote viewing stuff, he could be trying to pass a urgent warning onto his students without violating any security oaths.

My belief is that we are now on a positive timeline like BROCKBRADER says and that this will not happen. I want to make sure that everyone realizes I am NOT fear mongering!
edit on 2/23/2012 by fah0436 because: typos

edit on 2/23/2012 by fah0436 because: typos

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Well, I merely suggest one possibility. You know, if it stuck this strongly with you....go with your gut. Perhaps he has heard something from a service friend who is still in or something. Who knows. If something feels off though, I've sure learned to trust that gut feeling.

It's not like this would be the first sign of something in the wind. Hmmmm.. One more piece of the puzzle? Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Are you studying Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs? Just wondering as that little graph makes a lot of people ponder things about life.

But the real question is...is anybody truly prepared for everything?
edit on 23-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It has been my experience that when people are grounded in reality they tend to stick to reality. I've know some very brilliant people, professors included and they wouldn't go to "a magnitude 14".. They wouldn't need to because they 'know' that a 9.o or 10.0(Max on the scale) is plenty sufficient to "rattle people's cages". If he was looking to get a rise out of his class he would have said 9.0 and then brought back the memories of the 9.0 in Japan; enough said.

My grandfather used to be an engineer at NASA, now he lives in Ecuador. This was back in the very late 90s, 1998 or there about. I went to ask him what the deal was, as he was being rather erratic but before I got to ask he just told me that "you stupid people, you have no idea what kind of [snip] you're government is doing to you...". He never was really all the nice a guy anyway but he bunched me, my mom and all of America as idiots and then left the country. I know he knew something, it was either that or he snapped... There was no other explanation, kind of like you Professor friend. When you know someone pretty well and then they just do something really out of character you really do need to take notice.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I think you are wise to pay attention to your best impressions and intuition.

None of the naysayers hereon were there.

None of them know your teacher as well as you.

You have a lot of intuitive sensings that may be barely conscious.

Trusting your hunches is likely to be a great deal more accurate than the wisest most logical naysayer.

Therefore what--hard to say with such little info.

However, the tone changes and demeanor changes may well have been highlighting some sobering associations with what he was telling you.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
How about asking him instead of making assumptions on what he may or may not have meant. Since none of us were there its pretty hard to know based only on your retelling of the tale what or how he intended to express himself and what if any cryptic message he might have wanted to impart.

Go to the source and have all your questions answered. Whats the point of speculating when you know the guy who is making the statement??

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Maybe your teacher is spending too much time on ATS lately...

second
edit on 23/2/2012 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It is more than likely that your teacher worked for the DOD in one of their schools. He's obviously a psychologist, so he likely was a school psychologist and/or a teacher for them, as well.

Source: A good friend of mine worked in DOD schools in other countries. We have them in the US too. I could apply to work in one tomorrow, myself. It wouldn't be that long of a drive for me.

Edit: As a teacher, I sometimes make dramatic statements to get a point across too.
edit on 23-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It wouldn't matter where you are in a 14.0
Anything above a 10.0 has the potential kill you in an open field.
The force hits you so hard that if you are standing it shatters all of your leg bones before tossing you so high in the air you would at least be knocked unconsciousness.
Heck being in a building in a 14.0 might at least protect if a little if you are high enough that the force is dissipated through the building.
In the end you would be dead where ever you are in a 14.0

Hell maybe being in the Sahara might protect you will all the sand but that's about it.

Your professor was just trying to instill the importance of the lesson in you.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No one could be ready for a 14. Maybe that was his point?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A lot of the people who go into the psychology field are crazy; they gravitate to it to try to figure out their own personal demons. (They're usually lousy at figuring out other people's problems, they're too sick themselves).

Add in if he really worked for the DOD, they've F'd with his head and he may be a little short of bulbs for his chandelier. Sit near the door and bolt if anything happens. Feel free to report him to upper management if he really starts acting odd. (People who go into teaching like the power they feel it gives them against relatively naive young people). Also, chances are he is not still working for the DOD because they got rid of him.

Keep in mind that 10-20% of the population is mentally ill, whether from mild depression up to including stark raving sociopathic issues. Knowing just that, and being prepared to act on it quickly, can save your life.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Feel free to report him to upper management if he really starts acting odd. (People who go into teaching like the power they feel it gives them against relatively naive young people).

Depends on the college and state.
At my school Professors are gods, the administration alwasye sides with them.
I once had a professor have a delusional break down and I was unfortunate enough to be the center of it.
She thought I was going to blow up the school and kill her.
They interrogated me several times, bomb swept the building 3 times, she had an armed guard for the last 2ish weeks of class.
On the final day when she broke down in tears for no reason the detective just scoffed and left taking the guard with him.
Never got an apology.

A few years before that a psychology professor gave every student in all his classes an F and killed himself after it was past the deadline to change grades.
Left a note explaining how the world f'ed with him now it's his turn to F with the new generation.
The Professors union refused to let the administration alter the grades because of a clause in the contract saying professors have absolute power over grades and can not be forced to change them no matter what.
To violate that even after the events that transpired would be violating the spirit of the contract.
The best the administration could do was give everyone incomplete and let them retake the class the following semester.
Even the graduating Seniors had to retake it.
They weren't even given token grades they had to take the class.

So reporting the professor might help, 10 to 1 it will just get the OP in more trouble unless it's anonymous.

new topics

top topics

join