It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

Santorum....

" You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they've got going together,"

The Only Thing they got going together is the Hindsight to see you are as Phony as a Three Dollar Bill Rick ............

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I don't think Ron, and Mitt are compatible to one another when it comes to politics. They have different strategies on what they want to do, and if you have them together they would most likely clash. They are probably friends outside of politics, but when it comes to politics they are two different people...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Daaaaaaaaaaamn!

That might just work! hahaha. Checkmate.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I am on Part 5 of the Debates. Santorum has to be the BIGGEST flip flopper,excuse maker, that I have EVER seen.

No Mr Santorum,you were schooled tonight,and even Newt was chuckling. It was hard for Santorum to show any of his made up positives,because all of them had a negative attached........

Thats not a deal to gang up on him,that was pulling out the obvious inconsistency's.

Really,I am speechless on how easy it was to show Santorum is not Presidential material.

Ron Paul is inconsistent on life, shame on him, he's a doctor and he doesn't believe Iran or Syria will do what they say they are going to do.
Is this the third time Paul has run for the Presidency?

Newt has no problem with committing adultery while his wife/wives were
ill.

Mitt can't relate to the common person and much much worse he denies Jesus is God, he belongs to a non-Christian sect.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Sorry,but i was only talking about Santorum...

The other guys ran circles around him last night....that's a fact.
Regardless of their faults...........

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Santorum, I'll admit did better in the last debate. Still, you have to go with virtue, but who does that these days?

Gingrich didn't speak much, Romney and Paul went after Santorum.
Paul pretends he is Christian, he approves of the exceptions to
abortion. There aren't any with God.

We know Mormons aren't Christian.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

Santorum, I'll admit did better in the last debate. Still, you have to go with virtue, but who does that these days?

Gingrich didn't speak much, Romney and Paul went after Santorum.
Paul pretends he is Christian, he approves of the exceptions to
abortion. There aren't any with God.

We know Mormons aren't Christian.

You shouldn't choose your candidate based on their religion. I'd vote for a muslim if he was for the constitution and had the vision our founding fathers had for this country.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am on Part 5 of the Debates. Santorum has to be the BIGGEST flip flopper,excuse maker, that I have EVER seen.

No Mr Santorum,you were schooled tonight,and even Newt was chuckling. It was hard for Santorum to show any of his made up positives,because all of them had a negative attached........

Thats not a deal to gang up on him,that was pulling out the obvious inconsistency's.

Really,I am speechless on how easy it was to show Santorum is not Presidential material.

Ron Paul is inconsistent on life, shame on him, he's a doctor and he doesn't believe Iran or Syria will do what they say they are going to do.

What the....that is one of the most ignorant posts I've yet to see on ATS.

Ron Paul is inconsistent on life because he is a doctor and bases his policies on FACTS & HISTORY instead of EMOTION and FEAR-PROPAGANDA?

Where do you folks get this crap? Please don't say Fox news.

edit on 23-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I also would lose a lot of respect for Paul if he took the VP slot with any establishment candidate.

However, if they let him be the secretary of the treasury or Federal Reserve chairman, I'd be all for that, even though they wouldn't let him do anything to change things.

It would take a generation of Ron Paul type candidates to fix the established corruption of government.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If this is the case then Obama is DONE.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think this rumor is just a way for the media and establishment to test the waters to see how Ron Paul supporters react to this idea. I bet you that if Paul supporters react positively to the idea of a Romney/Paul ticket, the Romney campaign just might consider that option since they'd want to pick up a good number of voters from the Ron Paul camp. If however we react negatively to the idea, they'll stick with the original plan.

Don't get too excited. I don't think Ron Paul would run with Romney, but the media really wants to put this idea out there. I don't think Ron Paul will complain about the rumor since it is currently giving him some air-time. Even if just a rumor, the publicity may put Ron Paul in the spotlight if only for a moment.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is my take,

Romney is the establishment candidate. Ron is not but his son is very popular within the tea-party.

Ron is going to get a brokered convention and Romney will select Senator Rand Paul as his running mate to get Ron's delegates and Rand will be in position to be elected President in 4 to 8 years.

Bank this as a good prediction, if not an inside look as to why Ron and Mitt have been "good" to each other.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm sure that the FBI and Secret Service would love to know exactly who would "kill" in order to bring Ron Paul to power.

Yet another reason to reject Paul. His delusional (and possibly mentally unstable) supporters will just not give up. However, you might be vindicated by the MSM's acknowledgement of Paul as second in delegate totals.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Would you vote for a Mitt Romney/Ron Paul ticket?

Everything Ron Paul stands for and everything I respect him for would be completely neutralized if he ran with a corporate tool like Mitt.

Seriously, I would take back every nice thing I ever said about Ron Paul if he did that.

Oh, and I'd definitely be voting for Obama if that happened. Or maybe Rosanne...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

Santorum is a Conspiracy Theorist!

I don't know if that makes me like him more or less though?

I will say one thing. If Ron Paul accepts a VP slot from Romney, I will throw all hope out the window and buy more bullets! RP and Romney are way apart on the issues, and a VP holds little to no influence or power, and it would be proof positive of some master wizard operating behind the curtain. I don't think RP would ever agree to such a thing, but if he does, I will pronounce the Republic is Dead and I will give up all hope of reforming the political process.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

" Yet another reason to reject Paul. His delusional (and possibly mentally unstable) supporters will just not give up. However, you might be vindicated by the MSM's acknowledgement of Paul as second in delegate totals. "

LOL . I am Laughing in Your Face Sword . The Most Delusional Post on this Thread . Ron Paul is this Country's Only Hope of getting out of this Financial Meltdown we have been in since the Great Liar took Office . As for Most of Paul's Supporters, I do not think Sanity is an Issue here , only their utter Resolve to get this Great Man Elected might Confuse those who Never were Inspired to back a Just Cause.............

:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
JFK and LBJ weren't exactly a good match either.

Maybe Santorum's people was reading ATS the other day when I suggested a Romney/Paul ticket might work. I even admitted that suggestion was a bit delusional.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Do you notice, not just last night's debate, Ron Paul never goes after
Mitt Romney? Strange, this is what he is suppose to do during the primary. Does Paul want his son to be Vice President?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Romney doesn't have to defend a vote in Congress just explain why he
was pro-abort and now he isn't. Will he change back to being a pro-abort in the future? All Paul has done for 30 years is run for office. He's Romney's guy now.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Romney doesn't have to defend a vote in Congress just explain why he
was pro-abort and now he isn't. Will he change back to being a pro-abort in the future? All Paul has done for 30 years is run for office. He's Romney's guy now.

do you actually believe these things that you're saying?
while i understand the right to life is an important issue in our society, you(and others) seem to have built it up to be the barometer by which a 'conservative' is judged..

if you think Santorum is virtuous...well..i don't know how you were able to choke down that pile..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join