It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Santorum campaign suggests Mitt Romney may have done deal to make Ron Paul his running mate

After tonight's debate, in which Ron Paul and Mitt Romney repeatedly attacked Rick Santorum over his 16-year record in Congress, the former Pennsylvania hinted that something nefarious was going on.
"You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they've got going together," Santorum told reporters in the spin room in Mesa, Arizona. "Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks."

I watched this debate earlier tonight and at the point where it seemed that Paul and Romney were teaming up on the Senator, I did have to ask myself what, if anything, is going on between them? I personally see it as nothing more than "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", but the question does beg to be asked if there is something more?

I honestly can't answer that, but I don't see a way that Paul and Romney, who are so far apart on many issues, could ever be on the same ticket. Romney goes against almost everything Paul has been talking about for the past 30 years and that includes consistency. Could Paul see past that possibly by thinking that the "ends justify the means" and take a guranteed spot in the administration? Would you vote for a Mitt Romney/Ron Paul ticket?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

I would vote ANYTHING other then Obama,right about now.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If this is true then I would hate to be Mitt Romney.
There are alot of people who want Ron Paul to be president REALLY bad.
In fact one could say that they would KILL for the chance.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I also think its "enemy of my enemy is my friend". Maybe the reason Paul isnt attacking Romney a whole bunch, is because the other candidates are doing that. Paul is sitting back and letting the others jab at Romney while he goes after the others.

If it came down to a Romney and Paul as VP ticket, I would vote for them soley because Paul is in there, but I highly doubt it would be. If any of the Republican candidates decided to pick Paul as a VP, I think it would be Gingrich, since he seems to say he agrees with Paul the most.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I really don't think they're in cahoots (ya I said cahoots ), Santorum just gives them so much ammo to work with. Did anyone see the santorum ad where a romney actor is shooting what appears to be diarrhea (aka santorum) at santorum. Found that highly hilarious considering the alternate definition of santorum.
Also in that same ad was santorum was a cardboard cut out. Which is also funny because he is a fake.
And to sonny1,it's not anyone but obama, it's noone but paul.
edit on 22-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just don't see it as a possibility. They are diametrically opposed in too many areas. I think Frothy is so discombobulated at the moment...he sees enemies everywhere. I mean, look at the tumble Santorum took in the debate tonight.

His numbers are falling like dead leaves off a tree in a wind storm. He sees all the boogy-men crawling out from under his bed, including Romney and Paul, morphing into some creature that doesn't exist.

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing about a month ago; why is Paul attacking Santorum and slacking off on Romney?

My thoughts were that Paul was waiting for the bigger fish later. However, there have been a few recent articles, stating that Romney and Paul have become friends.

Their wives know each other; and, each have met the other's family members.They say that they talk together all of the time.

Here's one from the New York Times.

Amid Rivalry, Friendship Blossums On the Campaign Trail

Then again, maybe Romney thinks that Paul as VP would be some good JFK insurance
Ya know nothin is going to "happen" to Romney, if Ron is VP.
edit on 22-2-2012 by ogbert because: spelling

edit on 22-2-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert
I was wondering the same thing about a month ago; why is Paul attacking Santorum and slacking off on Romney?

My thoughts were that Paul was waiting for the bigger fish later. However, there have been a few recent articles, stating that Romney and Paul have become friends.

Their wives know each other; and, each have met the other's family members.They say that they talk together all of the time.

Here's one from the New York Times.

Amid Rivalry, Friendship Blossums On the Campaign Trail

Then again, maybe Romney thinks that Paul as VP would be some good JFK insurance
Ya know nothin is going to "happen" to Romney, if Ron is VP.
edit on 22-2-2012 by ogbert because: spelling

edit on 22-2-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

The more I think about it the more it starts to make sense. Think about it. Paul is guranteed VP. Romney is guranteed President. It works out for both of them. Paul is thinking that he can get more done as VP than he ever could in congress. Romney wants the support that Paul has which will all but lock up the Presidency. This is win win for both.

Now can I actually vote for Romney with Paul on the ticket? That depends. Romney is, of the others (not including Paul), the lesser of the evil. But the question has to be asked. The money backing Romney comes from the banks. Is he a puppet or, as he states, simply a ruthless business man? If it's the latter, we have a chance here. If he's a puppet, Paul sits there with no say so.

So it really means that if this does happen, alot of research must be done. But then again if it does happen, our only other option is Obama. I'd say I would vote yes to a Romney/Paul ticket.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
not of fan of romney but I'd vote for a romney/paul ticket.

I would rather have Paul as secretary of treasury than VP. He could accomplish a lot more and fix our economy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If Ron Paul did this I would lose all respect for the man!

I'd be willing to bet that RP would rather go home to Texas and retire than to run with Romney. Even if I am wrong, it would not get my vote!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i've never thought ron paul has taken on romney enough

he had major attack ads against santorum and gingrich but barely any against romney

he's really got to step up his offensive against the front runner

side note i think ron paul would run as an independent before being mitts running mattie
edit on 23-2-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The whole notion of this stinks. Ron Paul needs to be president, period!

Ron Paul just needs to work on getting someone like Judge Napolitano or Jon Huntsman for VP.

I think Dr. Chuck Baldwin would be best. That man has zero name recognition but he is a living Thomas Jefferson and would walk lock step with Dr. Paul if anything should ever happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would be real skeptical about a Romney/Paul ticket. Constitutionally the Veep has very little power. Sure, nowadays the VP has more of a voice in the public eye but i'd be afraid TPTB would suddenly remember the limitations and treat the Good Doctor like the crazy uncle locked in the attic.

Which would give them license to do exactly like they already do.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The more I think about it the more it starts to make sense. Think about it. Paul is guranteed VP. Romney is guranteed President. It works out for both of them. Paul is thinking that he can get more done as VP than he ever could in congress. Romney wants the support that Paul has which will all but lock up the Presidency. This is win win for both.

I can't really see them on the same ticket, as opposed as they are on the war issue.

Hope Ron can stack up the delegates as he says.

Hate to say it, but, I'd rather see Obama again, than Santorum.

edit on 23-2-2012 by ogbert because: edit reply to

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am on Part 5 of the Debates. Santorum has to be the BIGGEST flip flopper,excuse maker, that I have EVER seen.

No Mr Santorum,you were schooled tonight,and even Newt was chuckling. It was hard for Santorum to show any of his made up positives,because all of them had a negative attached........

Thats not a deal to gang up on him,that was pulling out the obvious inconsistency's.

Really,I am speechless on how easy it was to show Santorum is not Presidential material.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What I think may be going on is Romney is realizing that Santorum is catching up, so he got Ron Paul to temporarily side with him in order to take down santorum, increasing the chances of Romney and Paul winning. If this happens, they each only have one real contender to go up against.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
I would be real skeptical about a Romney/Paul ticket. Constitutionally the Veep has very little power. Sure, nowadays the VP has more of a voice in the public eye but i'd be afraid TPTB would suddenly remember the limitations and treat the Good Doctor like the crazy uncle locked in the attic.

Exactly! It would never work.

I think Ron Paul supporters are smarter than this.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowIsThe

Originally posted by netwarrior

Exactly! It would never work.

I think Ron Paul supporters are smarter than this.

So if this did happen you would rather have another 4 years of Obama than a Romney/Paul ticket?

All I'm saying is that if it starts to become clear that Paul isn't going to get the nomination, a Romney/Paul ticket is better than handing Obama a second term with a third party run... because that's all it's going to do.
edit on 23-2-2012 by TheAnswerTo1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Then Santorum should join ATS because that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

We'd all end up calling him a troll for fear mongering a (non-existent) nuclear Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm sure all of these guys have people on their campaign that are members here. To be honest though, I don't think Santorum is smart enough to grasp this website though. Newt? Yes. Romney? Maybe. Santorum would take one look at this website and quote bush "fool me once... you won't fool me again!".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join