It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've actually been viewing the site for some time now and decided to become a member. I'm a former KC-135 Boom Operator with over 2,000 hours flying (Some over Groom) and did a bunch of TDY's to Edwards for testing of programs, mostly the F-22. I got some pretty cool photo's I would love to share with you guys. They may not be the best clarity but they are rather intriguing.
teaser

Anyway looking forward to chatting with you guys and gals!

T

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...I can tell you are going to be popular....

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey Boomer,

Welcome to the dark side of the internet. Clear your bookmarks because before long this will be the only site you visit

It sounds like you've got some stories to tell and the pictures to go with it. It's pretty refreshing to see groom lake form a different angle for a change; I really hope there's plenty more of those. Do you have access to a scanner?

Really look forward to hearing your input on things (try to avoid the crazies) and welcome friend.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hello to you Sir. Were glad you decided to stop by and sign up.. Were awaiting (after your 20th reply to posts), of your being able to make up your own thread and discuss any and all topics on your mind.

Until then, please refrain from any more teasers as the introduction areas is solely for saying hello and telling a little about yourself.. This way everyone can take advantage of what you have to share with a much larger audience.

I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

Now with that said, please kick off your shoes, enjoy the beverages and snacks because we have a small presentation for you (Johnny dims the lights and flips on the projector)

Welcome boomer135

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

edit on 2/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

As you see. Johnny has posted the basic rules of the comfort zone for you. He's handy that way. In order to hurry along your 20 posts to start your thread, reply to everyone here who welcomes you. Those 20 posts melt away real fast.

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Not a scanner per se, but my iphone has a scanner app! And I do have some more pictures. Guess I'll have to get to responding!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

Not a scanner per se, but my iphone has a scanner app! And I do have some more pictures. Guess I'll have to get to responding!

Good to see you again. ...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks! I hope I can contribute. I do have some cool stuff to share. A lot of it has been bottled up for a while now because of the classification of projects, but now that their coming to light I can talk more about them.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Thanks! I hope I can contribute. I do have some cool stuff to share. A lot of it has been bottled up for a while now because of the classification of projects, but now that their coming to light I can talk more about them.

Sounds awesome. Can hardly wait for you to have your 20 posts under your tin foil hat...so I can join your first thread.

Reply to every post made to you...it goes faster than you would imagine. You can also post in other forums if you want.

Des

edit on 23-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the information Johnny! I can see that this will be a site that I'll enjoy being on. I've never seen a site so huge with a forum like this! Should be fun!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the information Johnny! I can see that this will be a site that I'll enjoy being on. I've never seen a site so huge with a forum like this! Should be fun!

Indeed..!

ATS can be quite over-whelming at times. I've been here for years and there are still times I have to take a step back and go WOW, I need to visit this section area of the forum more often!

Anyway.. I too have to admit that you have my mouth watering here also, and can't wait for you to complete the required 20 posts replies (as mentioned above, if you visit other intro-threads in this section, you'll be done in no-time-at-all).

Johnny

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'll try knock it out as soon as I can! I do have a pretty hectic schedule but I'll have some free time in the next couple days. Working for the railroad requires certain sacrifices!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'll try knock it out as soon as I can! I do have a pretty hectic schedule but I'll have some free time in the next couple days. Working for the railroad requires certain sacrifices!

Boomer's back...

Good to see you again. We are patient...sometimes.

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'll knock it out tonight after work. I'm sure it won't tak long.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

As for more pics of groom, I have a couple. But most of my pics are of flying over the whole test range and pics of the f-22 during test phase and some other aircraft that I can't talk about yet...I got some pics of the grey (not black) f-117s that flew out of Palmdale too. I guess I need the 20 posts before getting pm's too? I'll knock it out after work tonight.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hey Johnny what's up with the really above top secret forum and how do we get into it? Certain time or posts limits? Thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hey Johnny what's up with the really above top secret forum and how do we get into it? Certain time or posts limits? Thanks

Get past your 20 reply posts and then ask again..

edit on 2/23/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There's the big 20 for ya. Now who has questions???

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There's the big 20 for ya. Now who has questions???

You did it Boomer......20 posts down...new threads to come....Congrats....

Des

top topics

join