It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to be Prime Minister of Australia? Now hiring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Came across this on a job site.

nowhiring.com.au...

This is obviously tongue-in-cheek, but hey, who wants to apply?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You know.. i was thinking last night, in fact i even said it to a friend. It doesn't feel like we even have a leader. We have a person that is elected as PM, but personally, i feel as though they have no power, like if anything they are just a mere puppet.

Feels like we have been leaderless for a while, maybe one of us should apply lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The page wouldn't load for me.

But I know what you mean, this government is absolutely atrocious.
To be honest we are going to have a big crisis in Australia come either this year or next. Why?
Well look for yourself who is honestly going to vote for Gillard? Abbott? Rudd? There all the same, which is why I made a thread not too long ago stating that Australia needs a revolution.
Not nessarily a violent one, but just one that will kick out all the current politicians, kick out the monarchy, kick out Israel, and turn us into a parliamentary republic (not the kind like the US).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

You know.. i was thinking last night, in fact i even said it to a friend. It doesn't feel like we even have a leader. We have a person that is elected as PM, but personally, i feel as though they have no power, like if anything they are just a mere puppet.

Feels like we have been leaderless for a while, maybe one of us should apply lol
I agree. The Labour Government has been corrupt since the CIA got a hold of it.

www.american-buddha.com...

I would apply, but i think it's a scam lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Thats how I've been feeling for a long time now;

Look back at Gillard, she came into power by a bloodless coup without the vote of the people.

At election, it was a hung parliament and insteaad of doing what the British did (share power), she got hold of the Greens votes and became pm, without the vote of the people.

Up till now, she continues to sack any mp who opposes her and reshuffles her cabinet mre than 4? times now to stave off challeneges. That is something Hitler did a lot.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

The page wouldn't load for me.

But I know what you mean, this government is absolutely atrocious.
To be honest we are going to have a big crisis in Australia come either this year or next. Why?
Well look for yourself who is honestly going to vote for Gillard? Abbott? Rudd? There all the same, which is why I made a thread not too long ago stating that Australia needs a revolution.
Not nessarily a violent one, but just one that will kick out all the current politicians, kick out the monarchy, kick out Israel, and turn us into a parliamentary republic (not the kind like the US).
Just keep reloading, it will work. I had a similar problem as well. I agree with your statement, everyone in the Cabinet needs to get kicked out. Nick Xenophon should be PM. He is cool

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yeah Nick Xenophon seems alright, but I would probably rather see someone like Bob Katter.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Questions About Your Application
1. Do you have an opposition to gay marriage on the basis of political convenience?

2. Do you have a physical characteristic that would make you easily identifiable in satirical cartoons?

3. Do you believe that most problems in Australia can be solved with mindless negativity?

4. Will you give working families a fair shake of the sauce bottle?

5. Are you Wayne Swan?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yeah i gotta agree, xenophon is the only guy i've seen in some form of political position that has balls as well as logic.
Though i can't say i really follow politics in Australia it's all just the same sh*t, different asshole.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Is this open to non-Australians? I've always wanted to go there and this seems like a great opportunity to not only see the country, but also experience the culture first hand.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Is this open to non-Australians? I've always wanted to go there and this seems like a great opportunity to not only see the country, but also experience the culture first hand.
Unfortunately, the position is just a scam, it's not real as can be seen with my off site quote.

Unless you are just trying to take the piss in regards to my other thread about cultural ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It is not just the labour party, it is the whole lot of them. Even most of the knobs in the back ground or representing over seas have had a crack at the top job. eg: Simon Crean, Kim Beazley, they are all useless and really need to pack there sh!t and move out. That Gillard/Rudd fiasco is a joke and both of them should be serving fast food or something.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I wonder when Wayne Swan is going to come out of the shadows and stab her in the back...
I hated Howard when he left..
but now i miss the stability.

I'll apply.. hell what have i got to lose..

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Think mini America. you aint missing much.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You have to answer the tricky question: "Are you Wayne Swan?"
I wonder who put it up, and why. Just for laughs i guess

top topics

join